Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Cliffski's Blog - Free-Fake News, Games Journalism & the future of online.
"That used to be you. It used to be me. We used to pay through ads, and that got annoying and now we just block them and donít think about it. These days we pay in other ways, maybe through surrendering our personal information to Facebook (who doubtless then sell it), or maybe we pay with our votes. Yup, we pay with our opinions and our freedom of thought. We stopped paying journalists years ago, and never gave a damn about them, which means that we can now hire journalists for dirt cheap. You got a marketing budget of $50k? that will write a LOT of articles, believe me. You have a marketing budget for your oil company of $1billion? How much for the US election campaign?

Journalism is cheap, and we made it so."

View
16. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2016, 05:43 shiho

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 04:49:
shiho wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 04:35:
Down with them conservative stupid fascist misogynist racist xenophobic rednecks! Yeah! Let's demonize the opposition, paint them with bold, uniform colors as subhuman pigs!

Oh, the irony is strong with this one.

No, it is not. I specifically iterated in the post that I don't think people who fall for this propaganda (aka Democrats currently) are inherently stupid.

I can separate the people and their mental capacity, from their conditioning.

I could say "Democrats are dumb", as an insult/joke maybe, but I would not post in serious fashion these articles about the so-called "opposition", insinuating that they are inherently mentally inferior.

You know, like that "Conservatives are inherently gullible" article, or bigoted shit like this:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201410/why-are-older-people-more-conservative

(^^^ apparently we are not enterpreneural, not creative, don't take risks, and love totalitarianism)

If these sentiments of mine strike you as silly, you need to research on how totalitarian governments manipulate people. Bigotry is how it starts. You're the ubermensch, they're the untermensch. Once a group of people is declared subhuman, it's easier to discard them.

Like I said, beware of ANY ideology which CONDITIONS you to, in your heart of hearts, even remotely start entertaining the idea of labeling millions of people as feebleminded. Not merely misinformed - but inherently mentally inferior to yourself.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 30, 19:56 Re: Op Ed Task
  4. Nov 30, 22:56  Re: Op Ed RedEye9
  5. Nov 30, 23:18   Re: Op Ed Beamer
  10. Dec 1, 03:14    Re: Op Ed jdreyer
  13. Dec 1, 04:35     Re: Op Ed shiho
  15. Dec 1, 04:49      Re: Op Ed VaranDragon
>> 16. Dec 1, 05:43       Re: Op Ed shiho
  17. Dec 1, 06:18        Re: Op Ed VaranDragon
  20. Dec 1, 07:42         Re: Op Ed shiho
  21. Dec 1, 10:04          Re: Op Ed Quboid