Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! The turkeys are all hung by the chimney with care here in the BlueTower, or however you'd say that we're pretty well prepared. Most of our shopping is done, though we always manage a last minute trip to the supermarket, and most of the cleaning is done as well. My only remaining responsibilities are to make the Chex Mix and clean the bathrooms, hopefully in that order, because it will save a hand-washing. Of course I kid... I never actually wash my hands before I cook. Bon appetite!

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Masked Forces.
Child of Fire.
Science: The Medical Mystery Behind America's Best-Selling Hair-loss Drug. Thanks nin.
Media: Why Him? - Laird's Got Game.
Battlefield One Edition. - itsjasonbourne.
Doctor Strange - 8 Bit Cinema.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 20:04 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 00:36:
538 gives the Skins a 30% to win. Not good, but that's also the same chance they gave Trump to win and we all know how that turned out.
they played a good game, dallas is just on a roll

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 10:35 descender

I'd wager that football data is significantly more accurate than polling data. :p  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 00:36 jdreyer

538 gives the Skins a 30% to win. Not good, but that's also the same chance they gave Trump to win and we all know how that turned out.  

Stay a while, and listen.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 22:39 Mr. Tact

Jivaro wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 22:15:
My motherboard on my gaming rig has died.

I am now using a machine that runs on Vista....for basically everything.

My family is taking bets on how long I will will endure before I go buy a new motherboard..if not a new rig all together.
Do you have a copy of Win7 you can install on a new machine? If so, no reason to wait!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 22:15 Jivaro

My motherboard on my gaming rig has died.

I am now using a machine that runs on Vista....for basically everything.

My family is taking bets on how long I will will endure before I go buy a new motherboard..if not a new rig all together.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 18:36 RedEye9

Lord Laggart wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 18:20:
Chex mix is a yearly tradiation for me. I always add in Big Cheez itz for extra flavor. I'm sure you're aware, that no food is better at giving you gas! Happy Thanksgiving from a fan of Bluesnews since the Quake days.
That sounds like a well balanced snack. grin

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here's to hoping the Redskins kick the cowgirls butts, but w/no Romo i doubt it.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 18:20 Lord Laggart

Chex mix is a yearly tradiation for me. I always add in Big Cheez itz for extra flavor. I'm sure you're aware, that no food is better at giving you gas! Happy Thanksgiving from a fan of Bluesnews since the Quake days.  

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 23, 2016, 16:30 Genesys

Dacote wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 15:50:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 15:23:
wtf am i reading
forgot joke tag
ROFL

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 23, 2016, 15:50 Dacote

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 15:23:
wtf am i reading
forgot joke tag

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 23, 2016, 15:23 Scottish Martial Arts

Dacote wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 15:02:
The hair-loss drug is why I'm bald.

Once I saw the WHO hand cleaning method I quit washing my hands.
http://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/

The CDC does not go into enough detail. http://www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing/

A man entered a restaurant and sat at the only open table. As he sat down, he knocked the spoon off the table with his elbow. A nearby waiter reached into his shirt pocket, pulled out a clean spoon, and set it on the table. The diner was impressed. "Do all the waiters here carry spoons in their pockets?"

The waiter replied, "Yes. Ever since an Efficiency Expert visited our restaurant... He determined that 17.8% of our diners knock the spoon off the table. By carrying clean spoons with us, we save trips to the kitchen."

The diner ate his meal. As he was paying the waiter, he commented, "Forgive the intrusion, but do you know that you have a string hanging from your fly?"

The waiter replied, "Yes, we all do. Seems that the same Efficiency Expert determined that we spend too much time washing our hands after using the men's room. So, the other end of that string is tied to my penis. When I need to go, I simply pull the string, do my thing, and then return to work. Having never touched myself, there really is no need to wash my hands. Saves a lot of time."

"Wait a minute," said the diner, "how do you get your penis back in your pants?"

"Well, I don't know about the other guys, but I use the spoon."

wtf am i reading

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 15:02 Dacote

The hair-loss drug is why I'm bald.

Once I saw the WHO hand cleaning method I quit washing my hands.
http://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/

The CDC does not go into enough detail. http://www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing/

the following is a joke about restroom use and hand-washing.

A man entered a restaurant and sat at the only open table. As he sat down, he knocked the spoon off the table with his elbow. A nearby waiter reached into his shirt pocket, pulled out a clean spoon, and set it on the table. The diner was impressed. "Do all the waiters here carry spoons in their pockets?"

The waiter replied, "Yes. Ever since an Efficiency Expert visited our restaurant... He determined that 17.8% of our diners knock the spoon off the table. By carrying clean spoons with us, we save trips to the kitchen."

The diner ate his meal. As he was paying the waiter, he commented, "Forgive the intrusion, but do you know that you have a string hanging from your fly?"

The waiter replied, "Yes, we all do. Seems that the same Efficiency Expert determined that we spend too much time washing our hands after using the men's room. So, the other end of that string is tied to my penis. When I need to go, I simply pull the string, do my thing, and then return to work. Having never touched myself, there really is no need to wash my hands. Saves a lot of time."

"Wait a minute," said the diner, "how do you get your penis back in your pants?"

"Well, I don't know about the other guys, but I use the spoon."

/end joke

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 15:55.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 13:49 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:35:
Invade Canada in the morning. Finished and back home for turkey dinner. Cuz Trudy pissed Trump off.

GWB declared war on terror, but it takes a Trump to declare war on reality!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 13:21 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:24:
So what are you yanks going to do tomorrow? Drink beer? Eat turkey? Watch football? Shoot off guns? Chant USA! USA! USA? In that order?

Yes.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 12:53 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:35:
So what are you yanks going to do tomorrow? Drink beer? Eat turkey? Watch football? Shoot off guns? Chant USA! USA! USA? In that order?
Invade Canada in the morning. Finished and back home before brunch. .
FTFY

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 12:35 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:24:

Invade Canada in the morning. Finished and back home for turkey dinner. Cuz Trudy pissed Trump off.

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 12:24 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 11:47 El Pit

With dictator Erdogan in charge of Turkey, I would say that turkeys should be called Freedom Birds from now on.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 11:42 RedEye9

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:39:
What the fuck was the Laird shit? Is this a promotional video for a shitty mobile game?
No, just a viral promotion for the movie Why Him. Almost all youtubes have a show more link under them with more info.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 11:25 Pigeon

You can start a new diet trend; the Blue's Food diet, all the taste with none of the calories! Just one simple step, never wash your hands, especially after using the restroom... where you'll be spending a lot of, so leave a phone charger in there.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 11:42.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 10:40 Texas Jake

You rock Blue

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo