Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Overwatch Sombra Launch

A new version of Overwatch is now available, adding a new hero to Blizzard's multiplayer shooter along with balance changes, a new arena map, the new arcade feature, and bug fixes. Here's word on the new hero, Sombra:
One of the world's most notorious hackers is stepping out of the shadows: Sombra, a mysterious infiltrator who uses information to control those in power.

Sombra is a master manipulator who can hack her enemies, temporarily blocking their abilities. In addition, she can hack health packs and TorbjŲrn's turret, making them useless to her opponents. She uses her fully automatic Machine Pistol to take out her enemies, getting into position using her Thermoptic Camo, which allows her to become invisible and move more quickly for short periods of time. This gives her the ability to slip past enemy defenses undetected, but she's instantly revealed if she takes damage or attacks an enemy. She also has a Translocator, which can be tossed like a grenade. When itís activated, Sombra is teleported to its location (even while itís in flight).

Sombra's ultimate ability, EMP, discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, hacking anyone caught within range and destroying enemy barriers and shields. To learn more about Sombra, click here.
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 22:40 Mordecai Walfish

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 12:14:
Can't play Sombra for shit yet She's really not for engaging enemies. It's all just hacking and skulking. Interesting maybe once I get the hang of it...

shes good at ambushing when you use invisibility to get into a dark corner behind the enemy, then take out a weaker foe and teleport back to your beacon on top of a safe health kit. its a play style i'm not much a fan of, but I can see it's utility. It changes the game for a lot of different strategies like when bastion is being shielded on a payload, and she hacks the shields or the bastion.. it definitely throws a monkey wrench into the mix. Also for last push/captures, having her go in invisible while the team sneaks together nearby and she disables them for the attackers to rush in and obliterate. lots of possibility

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 15:18 theglaze

Nimh wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 10:28:
Is matchmaker any better? No mention of it in the notes.

In what sense?

Changes are loosely mentioned somewhere there for next season, and there oare statements made in the Bliz forums, like this one:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749698219

11. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 12:14 Quinn

Can't play Sombra for shit yet She's really not for engaging enemies. It's all just hacking and skulking. Interesting maybe once I get the hang of it...  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

10. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 10:28 Nimh

Is matchmaker any better? No mention of it in the notes.  

Everyone has a heart, and itís calling for something. And weíre all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

9. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 09:35 theglaze

I'm a big fan of the Arcade and the game modes it has, there's a lot of transferable skills and specific gmaplay tactics that become highlighted in the modes. 3vs3 showcases the power of effective teamwork with heroes that compliment each other, but individual efforts can still make a difference. And I learnt a lot with 1vs1 and seeing how others use certain heroes and my own deficiencies.

[edit] I also thinking 1 hero restriction in Quickplay was overdue but I'm glad they've finally implemented it (for good?). One of my fav brawls was random heroes, and I'm stoked it's implemented as a staple of the Arcade, I think it's the best as a warmup before diving into a couple competitive matches.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 10:13.

8. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 05:45 heroin

Mango fek yo shit. I definitely liked the game without invis BS as well, but it looks fun to play...  

7. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 05:02 SpectralMeat

Just in time for the free weekend  

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 02:22 Luke

Yet another hero for this Mango inspired pos  

5. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 15, 2016, 23:16 Pigeon

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 22:32:
fucking hate the 1 on 1.

Only had a chance to try one game of that tonight. Got my ass handed to me at the outset till match point when I managed to win 4 rounds and tie it up. Got McCree who I've been playing the most and thought I'd have it in the bag only to get completely owned . Oddly I won with the players I had no clue how to use or am normally terrible at, like Hanzo. I can't hit shit with that bow, but I pulled off the perfectly timed head-shot for a perfect round.

4. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 15, 2016, 22:32 The Half Elf

fucking hate the 1 on 1.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

3. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 15, 2016, 22:13 Shok

Yeah one of the things I always loved about Overwatch was there wasn't invisible bullshit like the spy in TF2. Oh well.  

2. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 15, 2016, 21:50 frag.machine

Becomes invisible ? Check. Saps sentries ? Check. Yeah, totally NOT the TF2 spy.  

1. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 15, 2016, 20:50 KTR

Boop.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >