Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Fall Update

The promised fall update for Battlefield 1 is now live, offering a bunch of changes and fixes for DICE's World War 1 first-person shooter. This post is filled with details, but the complete patch notes are even fuller. Among the major alterations are reworks to conquest and operations modes. Here's word on those changes:
OPERATIONS CHANGES:
Going forward we are addressing the balance issues with the Operations game mode. Its clear that attackers need a boost. To increase the effectiveness of the attacking team, we are increasing the overall tickets for both Operations & Grand Operations. In addition, we are also making it somewhat easier to capture sectors as an attacker by reducing the amount of time it takes to capture a flags in Operations & Grand Operations. Weve also increased the minimum tickets regained in grand operations to from 30 to 50, as well as increased the amount of tickets regained from killing retreating defenders. This will give more of a fighting chance to capture the next sector after previously capturing a sector while having very few tickets left.

64 player

• Increase attacker maximum tickets from 150 to 250
  • Increased the amount of tickets regained from killing retreating defenders after capturing a sector from 2 to 3.
  • Increased the amount of minimum ticket regained when capturing a sector in 64p Operations from 30 to 50.
  • Slightly reduced the time it takes to capture flags.

40 player

• Increase attacker maximum tickets to 200 from 150
  • Increased the amount of tickets regained from killing retreating defenders after capturing a sector from 2 to 3.
  • Slightly reduced the time it takes to capture flags.

CONQUEST CHANGES:
Weve listened to your feedback in regards to the Suez Conquest layout in regards to balance. We will be adding two more flags to the layout, this should result in one team not being able to capture and lock down all flags as easy as before. In addition, we also noticed that it was very difficult to re-capture flags within the capture areas located in the village areas. To solve this weve reduced the capture size of these areas to include less buildings. The result of this should make the flags somewhat easier to capture and make sure that a team that has lost and been pushed out of the villages can easier re-capture them and get back into the fight. In addition, to help a team that has been pushed back all the way to their HQ, weve added an armored car that players can use to break out of the HQ and flank the opposing team.

• Added two additional flags on the Suez map, giving it a total of 5 flags.
  • Added 1 armored car for either team to spawn in their HQ.
  • Reduced the size of the capture volumes on the flags located in the villages, old A & B flag. This is to reduce the amount of building interiors located within the capture area. The change should result in the flags being easier to capture.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 15:58 maddog

Thanks! Renegade-X looks right up my alley!

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 04:45:
maddog wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 18:19:
Yeah, heard it was okay. Nah, I was looking for just bots to play in MP modes. Similar to what I do with BF2 etc etc. Or even just play against some bots with my buddies on LAN.

Sadly, those bygone days look to be long gone. Although the COD devs keep getting bots in their games. Wish other devs would follow suit.

Get off my lawn!

For shooters with MP bots, I suggest Toxikk (free shareware version on Steam, full game $15) or Renegade-X, a free modern version of the old C & C Renegade. Both are free, so what do you have to lose?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 20:20:
Speaking of annoyances, those pop ups prompting you to update your video card driver before it let's you launch the game does bug the shit out of me.
It doesn't even let me start the game without running the stupid video card driver update.

Yes, this is ridiculously annoying. Apparently there is also a bug in the newest Nvidia driver, 375.86?(from 11/15/2016). Luckily, you can install somewhat older drivers and still run the game, but one more minor annoyance tossed onto the pile for BF1.

25. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 08:41 Verno

Task wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 08:20:
Joystick compatibility? Do not see mention of it in patch notes.

Still zero joystick support, I tried it out again last night.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

24. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 08:20 Task

Joystick compatibility? Do not see mention of it in patch notes.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

23. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 04:45 jdreyer

maddog wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 18:19:
Yeah, heard it was okay. Nah, I was looking for just bots to play in MP modes. Similar to what I do with BF2 etc etc. Or even just play against some bots with my buddies on LAN.

Sadly, those bygone days look to be long gone. Although the COD devs keep getting bots in their games. Wish other devs would follow suit.

Get off my lawn!

For shooters with MP bots, I suggest Toxikk (free shareware version on Steam, full game $15) or Renegade-X, a free modern version of the old C & C Renegade. Both are free, so what do you have to lose?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 04:22 jdreyer

maddog wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:59:
No bots, no purchase. I know I know. I am a grumpy old man that likes to play solo in his freetime.

They did add them to Battlefront so perhaps there is hope they will come to BF1.

This is my hope.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 00:46 Paranoid Jack

Well there must be a lot of people crying on the EA/BF1 forums because they busted out their nerf hammer again and I don't like what I am seeing. Why totally change the balance of the game every patch because some small group of players doesn't like the way the rock paper scissors currently works?

Stupid the way they keep screwing with the gameplay. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

20. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 20:41 Nimh

Jackplug wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 17:22:
Nimh wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:16:
I finally had some free time last weekend to try this. I downloaded Origin only to find that my account was completely empty, which was every applicable BF title pre-BF4. This is like my ultimate online distribution nightmare.

I guess once you link a purchase in Origin it's just a roll of the dice if you can keep your purchases after a period of inactivity. A bit of a bummer that it's all gone now.

Until Origin closes down for good, those purchases are yours and should not be deleted. Contact them you want all your purchases back immediatly.

As for the game, I am just happy that I didn't purchase it. Since BF3 I've no interest in Dice since their terrible attitude towards the mod community.

You would think right?

Tried EA support tonight for about an hour.. waited 30 min. on a Chrome session and then tried it again on IE, no response. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I will try to send another Origin error report, but those have not been answered to date.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 20:20 SpectralMeat

Speaking of annoyances, those pop ups prompting you to update your video card driver before it let's you launch the game does bug the shit out of me.
It doesn't even let me start the game without running the stupid video card driver update.

Steam: SpectralMeat

18. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 19:37 BIGtrouble77

Has anyone been playing this game with an RX480? I just ordered one and was curious how well it works. I've been running a GTX 780 for several years now that I have no idea what the AMD experience is like. That said, the game looks gorgeous on my GTX780... amazed this card can handle this game at 1440p like a champ.  

17. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 18:19 maddog

Get off my lawn!

JoeNapalm wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 15:21:
No bots, no purchase. I know I know. I am a grumpy old man that likes to play solo in his freetime.

They did add them to Battlefront so perhaps there is hope they will come to BF1.

There's a campaign, grumpy old man.

Of course, this isn't a "performance patch" so they STILL haven't addressed the crash bug mentioned above. By the time they fix it, I won't even care anymore.

-Jn-

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 17:51 DangerDog

I wish there was a way to tone down the HDR lighting effect, transitioning from outdoor to indoor and vice versa is pretty annoying.

15. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 17:22 Jackplug

Nimh wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:16:
I finally had some free time last weekend to try this. I downloaded Origin only to find that my account was completely empty, which was every applicable BF title pre-BF4. This is like my ultimate online distribution nightmare.

I guess once you link a purchase in Origin it's just a roll of the dice if you can keep your purchases after a period of inactivity. A bit of a bummer that it's all gone now.

Until Origin closes down for good, those purchases are yours and should not be deleted. Contact them you want all your purchases back immediatly.

As for the game, I am just happy that I didn't purchase it. Since BF3 I've no interest in Dice since their terrible attitude towards the mod community.

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 17:21 Gib007

No Hardcore Mode yet? The game isn't fun without it.  

13. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 16:41 LittleMe

The patch is welcome but there's a whole lot more room for improvement. Right now it's a fun game that is very crippled in features that we did previously have in the Battlefields.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 15:21 JoeNapalm

There's a campaign, grumpy old man.

Of course, this isn't a "performance patch" so they STILL haven't addressed the crash bug mentioned above. By the time they fix it, I won't even care anymore.

-Jn-

11. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:27 eRe4s3r

That Suez fix is good but it really does not fix that the armored train is unkillable if the driver knows what he is doing.  

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:07 El Pit

Timmeh wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:56:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:11:
I wonder if it will fix the "I can't play this on my 660ti because it just crashes my video driver, requiring a reboot, unless I install a 2 year old driver and use a work around to avoid driver version detection." issue.

Apparently this has been an ongoing issue since launch, with multiple nvidia cards, and it's still broke. There's like a 16 page thread on it on the nvidia support forums.

That is not possible Sir! Only The ATI drivers suck. Nvidias Drivers are perfect and bestest always and forever.

Take your seedy lies and get thee hence!

Fun fact: even with working drivers ATI cards are too slow to deliver the amazing graphics of this game!

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:03 Verno

Oh one other complaint, zero fucking joystick support. 360 controller or KB/M. Some vague comment from the devs about it maybe coming later. Thanks guys. Not sure why they decided to gut it, so weird.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 12:59 maddog

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >