Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 15, 2016, 09:19 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 18:34:
Here's an other; he campaigned against lobbyists (but now they’re on his transition Team)

So what? Tom Wheeler was part of the cable industry and hes been an amazing FCC chair. You can't run Washington like a scorched earth campaign, compromises are inevitable. People want a leader, not a dictator. No one accomplishes everything they campaigned on, shit hes not even in office yet but people are already acting like its been 4 years of broken promises.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 15, 2016, 00:53 TheVocalMinority

Awesome, if this trend continues my PGP keys may actually get some use. Thanks Trump!  

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 23:58 NKD

Baristan wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 20:31:
Trump stated in an interview after being elected that LGBTQ equality is a settled issue and will not be changed under his administration. There will be no new anti LGBTQ laws and laws in effect will not be repealed.

That's not up to him. If he's going to appoint conservative justices, he can't control what they do. Which may include throwing out marriage equality, while they are throwing out the right to get an abortion.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 20:31 Baristan

Trump stated in an interview after being elected that LGBTQ equality is a settled issue and will not be changed under his administration. There will be no new anti LGBTQ laws and laws in effect will not be repealed.

If you want to hate on Trump don't ignore the pieces of shit he is appointing to his cabinet. Climate change deniers, banksters, corporate lobbyists, Newt Gingrich...

I wouldn't be surprised(wishful thinking) if he tells all of his cabinet "you're fired" within the next two years after they try controlling the office and he realizes just how bad they are.

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 18:59 Cutter

raz-0 wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 15:21:
The problems of an increasingly militarized police state administered by an executive branch that has been radically expanding it's powers over the last 30 years is party independent. Who wins just shifts the demographics of who is in peril a bit.

You have an extremely selective memory and that is completely untrue. While, yes, most of us will agree that both parties are evil, the GOP are far and away the more evil of the two by an exceedingly large margin. Like Grand Canyon large margin. If you don't understand that you need a serious rethink and to read a lot more history. Go look at some voting records on any issue, there are very wide differences between the 2 parties most of the time.

15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 18:45 Bodolza

raz-0 wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 15:21:
You mean during the last republican administration where tons of people said a whole bunch of things and nothing bad happened to them for it?
You don't have a very good memory. Does Valerie Plame ring a bell?

Much like the Current administration who did nothing.. Oh wait.. who sent the IRS after people who disagreed with him and his party.
Which were never directly associated with the administration, and widely denounced by liberals at the time. Meanwhile, the Plame leak was tied directly to the White House.

And the Morality police? Are these any more numerous or rabid than the social justice warriors?
Yes, and they have more power. SJW can dox you or shame you on twitter. The Morality police actually have real police behind them that will throw you in jail. 'Member John Ashcroft?

Hillary has respect for the constitution? The DNC does? We'll crank the censorship time machine dial back, and look at Good old Al and Tipper Gore.
So you had to back 30 years to something she didn't actually do for an example? That's pretty weak argument.

Like or hate the 2nd amendment, there are rules and laws, and that is NOT how it is supposed to work.
You don't actually support the 2nd amendment, so stop pretending like you do. Almost no one in this country supports the 2nd amendment as written. Last polling information I saw, 90%+ of Americans are for some gun control laws. The only disagreement is over the degree of control.

Trump, on the other hand, during this election cycle has directly attacked the first, fourth, and eight amendments.

The problems of an increasingly militarized police state administered by an executive branch that has been radically expanding it's powers over the last 30 years is party independent. Who wins just shifts the demographics of who is in peril a bit.

This I can agree with, except we've never nominated such a thin-skinned, authoritarian like Trump before, which makes his control of that military all the more concerning.

14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 18:34 RedEye9

MajorD wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 17:47:
Nimh wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 13:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 11:33:
Why is everyone pretending this is somehow worse under Trump than it would have been under Clinton? Am I missing something?

He campaigned against immigrants, journalists, Muslims, and others.
Here's an other; he campaigned against lobbyists (but now they’re on his transition Team)

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 17:47 MajorD

Nimh wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 13:03:
Why is everyone pretending this is somehow worse under Trump than it would have been under Clinton? Am I missing something?

He campaigned against immigrants (Illegals), journalists (Shills), Muslims (Radical Extremists), and others.

Still counting...

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 16:23 NKD

Bard wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 15:25:
oh come on now. Since Trump was elected?

Talk about FUD. If anything we'll be seeing rolling back of that NSA BS.

Trump won't be rolling back anything at the NSA. He doesn't have the political capital to do it. Neither party are on-board for trimming back the surveillance state because it benefits them both.

The surveillance state might bother a few of us left wing liberals and right wing libertarians, but ultimately most people on both sides of the aisle are too busy worrying about other stuff, or openly support "tough on terrorism" surveillance.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 15:54 RedEye9

Bard wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 15:25:

And a rolling back of abortion rights and health care and the Paris accords and consumer protection and LGBTQ equality and .......

Hey look at it this way, you got the "rolling back" part of your post correct.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 15:25 Bard

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 15:21 raz-0

Bodolza wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 13:04:

Because we listened to what Trump said, and we remember what it was like during the last Republican administration. The Repubs are in charge again, which means the moral police will be out in force. Trump has repeatedly said he's very pro "Law and Order". Combine that with legislation that will be out to ban anything on the internet the Repubs don't like, and you're looking at a big crack-down on internet freedom. The Patriot Act was passed under the last Republican administration. Obama has been slowly dismantling it piece-by-piece, but I expect it to come back even harder now.

We've also seen how vindictive Trump is, and with no respect for the Constitution. I'd expect his administration to go after anyone who slights them with all the power they have, including your internet history.

You mean the patriot act. With one dissenting senator and 66 dissenting reps in the house? Being "dismantled" by Obama how? You mean the built in sunset dates put in by a republican? What has he done to dismantle it?

You mean during the last republican administration where tons of people said a whole bunch of things and nothing bad happened to them for it? Much like the Current administration who did nothing.. Oh wait.. who sent the IRS after people who disagreed with him and his party.

And the Morality police? Are these any more numerous or rabid than the social justice warriors?

Hillary has respect for the constitution? The DNC does? We'll crank the censorship time machine dial back, and look at Good old Al and Tipper Gore. Her PMRC campaign and the man himself actually advocated for curtailing the first amendment. Wind it to today, and we have Obama who decided talking about guns on the internet falls under ITAR and thus is regulated trade in arms, no protected speech. You have Hillary, with plans publicly available in via the Clinton library form teh last go round, that wants to repeal the lawful commerce in arms act to use government funded lawsuits to ban the manufacture of most if not all guns. Like or hate the 2nd amendment, there are rules and laws, and that is NOT how it is supposed to work.

I suspect part of the reason for the uptick is that Clinton's email problems underscore that email is very, very vulnerable.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 14:50 Zanthar

These forums are such a liberal cesspool, lol
Must be all the fat, lazy, unemployed, basement dwelling gamers. Hopefully PRESIDENT TRUMP will throw you entitled snowflakes over the wall that he builds. Allthumbsup

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 13:04 Bodolza

Because we listened to what Trump said, and we remember what it was like during the last Republican administration. The Repubs are in charge again, which means the moral police will be out in force. Trump has repeatedly said he's very pro "Law and Order". Combine that with legislation that will be out to ban anything on the internet the Repubs don't like, and you're looking at a big crack-down on internet freedom. The Patriot Act was passed under the last Republican administration. Obama has been slowly dismantling it piece-by-piece, but I expect it to come back even harder now.

We've also seen how vindictive Trump is, and with no respect for the Constitution. I'd expect his administration to go after anyone who slights them with all the power they have, including your internet history.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 13:03 Nimh

He campaigned against immigrants, journalists, Muslims, and others.

Everyone has a heart, and it’s calling for something. And we’re all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 12:32 Verno

Trump's not even in office yet is the really amusing part. People are already crafting the echo chamber it seems like. I like to keep an open mind just like I did with Obama who ended up disappointing me on the privacy front.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 11:48 RedEye9

VPN's are nice for torrents and coffee shop wifi.

Completely Encrypted email really requires the recipient to be on the same system or have your key.

Why is there an uptick, simple really, donny and the medieval gop scare the fuck out of educated people.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 11:33 Creston

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 11:30 Cutter

Yeah, I just bought a sub for AirVPN and signed up for Protonmail too.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 10:12 Dacote

I am happy with https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/, have not thought about encryted email.

edit: just signed up for the free encrypted protonmail, now my emails will be safe during trumpocracy.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 10:31.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >