Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dishonored 2 Released

Bethesda Softworks announces the official release of Dishonored 2, Arkane's stealthy assassination sequel. This arrived yesterday for preorder customers, so those just picking this up should refer to this post for discussion of issues and workarounds with the release. You can keep up with this on the Dishonored 2 website, and here's the announcement:
Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced Dishonored 2 is now available for the Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC. Dishonored 2 is the award-winning first-person action game developed at Arkane Studios, and the follow-up to the 2012 ‘Game of the Year’, Dishonored.

“We're thrilled to announce that Dishonored 2 is now available worldwide. The project was a labor of love, and it makes us incredibly happy to craft this kind of experience for our players,” said Arkane Studios’ co-creative director, Harvey Smith. “Whether you're #TeamEmily or #TeamCorvo, thank you for your time and your passion. We hope you love the game as much as we do.”

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2, the next chapter in the award-winning Dishonored series which won more than 100 ‘Game of the Year’ Awards. When Delilah, a mad witch armed with powerful black magic, seizes the throne the fate of your Empire is left hanging in the balance, how far will you go to hunt down your enemies - and take back what’s yours? As either Empress Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, marked of the Outsider and gifted powerful new supernatural abilities, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca – a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power and forever altering the fate of the Empire.
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 19:39 Tyrric

I'm going to wait a bit for CDKeys to have a daily sale on it, especially since I've been sucked back into Skyrim. Seeing as I am trying to avoid fast travel (via the map that is, I still occasionally use the carriages you can hire for gold in game), I imagine I'm good until the end of the year at least.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 11, 2016, 18:35 Wowbagger_TIP

I'll wait for patches. Willing to pay full price if they fix the performance issues. Have plenty of other things to play though, so no rush.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 17:08 ItBurn

Leper wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 16:29:
Can't wait until the public beta test is over, the game is patched and goes on sale and then I can finally buy it.

You're taking a risk pre-ordering a game or buying day-one. That's especially true with a game from Bethesda now that reviewers don't get early access.

Yeah. I really want to play it, but I'll wait for more patches and reviews. Beth's no pre-release copies thing is a dick move.

10. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 16:29 Leper

Can't wait until the public beta test is over, the game is patched and goes on sale and then I can finally buy it.

You're taking a risk pre-ordering a game or buying day-one. That's especially true with a game from Bethesda now that reviewers don't get early access.

9. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 14:53 Retired

Getting 60 fps capped at full everything. Trying to fix this tearing....  

8. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 14:08 Phasenoise

I have to notch this down to 1080p (instead of 1440p) on my 980 to get speeds I feel are smooth enough for solid play. I haven't run a FPS meter to see what the rates actually were, but it was very choppy at 1440p.
DX:MD is the other title I have to notch down like this.

But it is a fun game and runs well (and looks great) at that res.

7. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 13:24 DarkCntry

Acleacius wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 12:35:
Ouch, bad performance can kill a stealth game. Especially Ghost and No Kill which are the most fun to me. Urk

My Emily Ghost/No-kill went pretty smoothly, minus a few stupid NPCs running into lightwalls

Frijoles wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 12:50:
Been enjoying it, but yeah the performance is crap. I'm getting around 35 - 45 fps on a GTX 980. Tried a few suggestions but can't seem to get over 45 frames. Gameplay wise, it's been good. Although I will say that the guards are way too alert. They seem to be able to see me through tiny slits in the geography while I'm crouched, so there's not nearly as much sneaking as I had hoped. If you come directly behind them it's fine, but anywhere in front and they seem to spot you pretty easily.
CPU: I7-5930K@3.50GHz
RAM: 16GB 2666
HDD: OS on an 850 EVO, game on an WD Black 6TB
GPU: GeForce GTX 980 (in SLI, but not used)
Video Driver: Still using the 373.06 Game Ready drivers

Only dipped down to 57 or so fps a couple times, solid 60 for me on everything high with TXAA, HBAO, and all their extra options turned on.

I didn't find the guards all that alert in my Emily playthrough, matter of fact, for a lot of them I felt they were too passive despite my insistence on using a lot of distractions.

6. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 12:50 Frijoles

Been enjoying it, but yeah the performance is crap. I'm getting around 35 - 45 fps on a GTX 980. Tried a few suggestions but can't seem to get over 45 frames. Gameplay wise, it's been good. Although I will say that the guards are way too alert. They seem to be able to see me through tiny slits in the geography while I'm crouched, so there's not nearly as much sneaking as I had hoped. If you come directly behind them it's fine, but anywhere in front and they seem to spot you pretty easily.  

5. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 12:35 Acleacius

Ouch, bad performance can kill a stealth game. Especially Ghost and No Kill which are the most fun to me. Urk  

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 12:28 Creston

It's very good, I'm very much enjoying it.

3. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 12:19 Retired

Installing it to check it out. Haven't even finished the first....or 50 other top 10 games.

1st world problems.

2. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 11:44 nin

I'd like a discount of some sort, but doubt I'll wait too long. Week of vacation in the new year looks like a opportunity to knock some titles out.

But yeah, an embarrassment of riches at the moment...

1. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 11:20 Agent.X7

Want it, but...so many games that I have yet to finish. Can't see paying $60 for a game with so many issues. Steam summer sale 2017 candidate.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >