Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Free Mech

MechWarrior Online Forums announce a mech giveaway and the chance to win additional in-game prize packs sponsored by NCIX Tech Tips on YouTube (thanks Rhialto). The goal here is to get your twitter in gear, as they are trying to incentivize a little viral publicity through social networks. Here's the deal:

NCIX is a North American-wide computer hardware, software, and custom PC retailer based out of British Columbia, with a large online presence and retail outlets across the country. In addition to being our official hardware supplier for Mech_Con 2016 they also love MechWarrior, so we're teaming up to offer our players and their customers a free Centurion NCIX variant 'Mech and a chance to win some sweet prizes!

From November 14th 2016 until November 21st 2016 you can complete social media actions through the NCIX campaign on the contest entry site Gleam.io for a chance to win one of six Cyclops or Linebacker 'Mech Pack Gift Codes, or two entry tickets for Mech_Con 2016 in Vancouver, BC!

You can maximize your chances of victory by completing all of the social media actions listed on the NCIX Gleam.io campaign page.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 16:51 thecakeisalie

Flatline wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:33:
I was an early adopter and enjoyed it enough to drop a little money on it. I left pissed off after some of their pay2win decisions and one long period where I couldn't even launch the goddamn game any more.

Eff these guys.

Same. I dropped some coin on their big founder pack because I was excited to see someone trying to revive Mechwarrior/Battletech and they made a lot of promises that have since turned out to be complete bullshit. They made World of Tanks with Mechs and that's about it. Then they made the Mechs I got in the pre-order kinda garbage as they kept releasing more and more powerful Mechs for more and more cash. If you didn't buy the newer, better Mechs you got wrecked.

Got disillusioned and bailed. I don't play the game anymore. I'm waiting for the turn-based Battletech reboot that is being developed.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 16:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 16:15 verybad1

I was an enormous fan of Battletech even before the first MechWarrior game came out, I was part of MekTek (we made mods for MechWarrior 4) (I made new mech models)

This game killed all the initial enthusiasm I had for the new release, they charge ridiculous amounts for metis. (20 buchs or so for a single model, that's a rip off if I've ever seen one.

Just wish I could have the money back that I spent on this worthless piss-stain.

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 14:12 The Pyro

Bumpy wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 13:00:
Meh, let me know where there is a single player campaign added.

I ain't played in several months now, but I would definitely come back for that. We know PGI was experimenting with AI-controlled stuff a while back. Hopefully their big announcement in December is actually big for a change

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 13:28 Rhialto

If I keep playing after all those years it's because I found out PGI is pretty generous as a F2P. I play the events and get free stuff like MC you usually have to buy and then I can get things like Hero Mech which can be acquired only with MC.

They also gave colors and decals which I think is cool as I like to custom paint my Mech the way I want so basically you can get almost everything in the game as long as you play and of course as long as you have fun playing. I like QP but never had the guts to try FP and from what I can read sometimes it looks like I'm not missing a lot.

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 13:00 Bumpy

Meh, let me know where there is a single player campaign added.  

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 12:28 The Pyro

There's a free mech with no hoops. You just click the link and type in the code. The mech packs, which include multiple variants, are awarded as prizes to a handful of people. You gotta sign up to win those.

The whole promotion is just to raise awareness of the game prior to the big convention / tournament in December.

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 12:19 The Half Elf

you have a chance to win 1 of 12 mechs after jumping through hoops. Fuck that.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 11:47 Cutter

Well, if you have to earn it, then it's not really free is it?

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Free Mech Nov 11, 2016, 11:33 Flatline

I was an early adopter and enjoyed it enough to drop a little money on it. I left pissed off after some of their pay2win decisions and one long period where I couldn't even launch the goddamn game any more.

Eff these guys.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo