Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer

Dishonored 2 will be released tomorrow for preorder customers, with the full release of Arkane's assassination sequel to come on Friday for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Bethesda celebrates the news with a post on Bethesda.net that includes the official launch trailer with a look at the game. Here's word:
It's a proud and humbling moment to launch a game like Dishonored 2. Over the years, the kind words we've received from players have motivated and guided us. For Arkane Studios, making Dishonored 2 was a labor of love, and it makes us incredibly happy to craft this kind of experience for you - for our players. It's a privilege.

The release of the game is only the beginning. We'll have updates for you soon, but the real fun starts when you begin to play through the missions and tell your stories. This is a game that rewards a little digging, and secrets abound. Whether you're #TeamEmily or #TeamCorvo, Low or High Chaos, a stealthy explorer or a crazy speed-runner blazing through your second or third playthrough, on behalf of everyone at Arkane Studios, thank you for your time and your passion for our games.

Dishonored 2 will be available tomorrow for those who pre-ordered, and on November 11 for the rest of the world on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 15:14 Vall Forran

Thanks, I didn't. Also...damn you because I am buying that now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 15:03 nin

Vall Forran wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 14:56:
Buy it for the art alone. Man, this game oozes style.

Did you see there's an actual art book for this one? Out on the 15th...

18. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 14:56 Vall Forran

Buy it for the art alone. Man, this game oozes style.

Edit: I now understand why most fps games have silent leads. I didn't exactly expect Corvo to sound like a failed Batman actor.

17. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 11:46 Quinn

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 03:47:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

This is maybe the last push I needed to buy the game. Thanks!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 03:47:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

lol nice

15. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 08:33 nin

What? Never heard of that heart thing!

The heart had all sorts of dialogue.

14. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 03:47 MoonSpook

13. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 02:05 VaranDragon

Zanthar wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:56:
So sick of these Denuvo cry babies. Kill yourselves already.
Do you refuse to buy cars that use key fob's as well?

If you don't have reliable internet connection in this day in age it's time to move somewhere that does.

Grow up, and maybe learn to think before you post. Telling people to go kill themselves because they have strong opinions only makes you look like a complete asshole.

12. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:57 Beamer

Tried to replay Dishonored 1 because I wanna get excited about Dishonored 2. I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored. Playing 100% non-lethal was boring as hell!!!

I hope D2 will have more cool non-lethal abilities.

Either way, I really had to put effort into liking D1. Not sure if my interests are changing or that the game simply was unimpressive. Reading many people say they got bored halfway through kinda answers that question.

My first time through I used the heart a lot. I've become a much less patient gamer, though, and it adds nothing but some color, so I grew quickly tired of it in the second playthrough.

I did try to go mostly nonlethal and ghost in my second playthrough. I killed at most 3 or 4 people in each of the levels other than the first - killing none in most. Unfortunately, in the first (maybe it was the second but I think the first) I killed like 40 people covering for a mistake I didn't want to quickload over. So I still got the bad ending. I'm not kidding, it was about 40 people due to one mistake.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:56 Zanthar

So sick of these Denuvo cry babies. Kill yourselves already.
Do you refuse to buy cars that use key fob's as well?

If you don't have reliable internet connection in this day in age it's time to move somewhere that does.

10. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:44 Creston

It wasn't that heavily integrated, unfortunately. It was just flavor stuff, but it was very well done.

9. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:20 ItBurn

8. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 16:00 Vall Forran

I just killed Delilah! I stabbed her in the mouth and pinned her to a painting. (I was going for the non-lethal ending by destroying the painting, but she warped in the way).

Then Daud died? My playthrough I let him live. All these games with "open" storylines always end up having to choose one for you to complete a story arc for a sequel.

7. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 15:35 Burrito of Peace

Meh. The first one was so boring I didn't even finish it.

Whatever this is, it certainly isn't Thief and it isn't nearly as good as the first two Thief titles were.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

6. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 15:32 Quinn

Tried to replay Dishonored 1 because I wanna get excited about Dishonored 2. I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored. Playing 100% non-lethal was boring as hell!!!

I hope D2 will have more cool non-lethal abilities.

Either way, I really had to put effort into liking D1. Not sure if my interests are changing or that the game simply was unimpressive. Reading many people say they got bored halfway through kinda answers that question.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 15:16 SpectralMeat

I don't mind the Friday release dates. It's fun to dive into a new game over the weekend, as opposed to slug through the week hearing all the unemployed friends finishing the game before I even have a chance to start it up

I am not hyped for Dishonored 2. I didn't really follow much of the development at all either. I did like the first game but got a bit boring around the middle and never finished it.
I'll wait for the reviews on this one and might pick it up on sale.
Too many freakin games to play not enough time.
BF1 and Civ6 is just decimating all my free time lately.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:55 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:20:
What's with the games releasing on Fridays instead of Tuesdays.
I am not complaining, I think it is awesome.

I think it's because the EU kept complaining they got the game three days later than the US.

So now everyone gets it on Friday. I guess that makes it better for the EU?

That aside, very excited for this

3. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:23 CJ_Parker

Friday is the traditional launch day in EU. But I'm sure Donald will change this back to Tuesday ASAP to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  

2. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:20 SpectralMeat

What's with the games releasing on Fridays instead of Tuesdays.
I am not complaining, I think it is awesome.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 13:31 nofb

Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2 were two titles I was really looking forward to, and that I'll boycott - apparently this malware Denuvo is everywhere those days!

It's really sad. And apparently it'll be in all Ubi titles (and I guess Bethesda's too, they used to be a great company).

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >