Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Gatherings & Competitions

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 22:44 Jivaro

Came back to say thanks for all the additional info and links...didn't get to it today but it is now on my list for the week!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 10:25 NetHead

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 09:10:

Thanks for the link! I never even heard about this. I know what I am doing today!

I only found it earlier this year and was blown away. I wanted to try the old Diablo as I only played it once when newish but it had aged so very poorly. So I eventually started looking for a resolution/HD mod and found Belzebub. It gives it a great refresh, it kind of helps reproduce things to match ones rose tinted nostalgia.

One thing I kind of remember about builds in this though, the skills have modifier, like the characters Strength, Dex or Magic, in which case increasing that attribute is very important. I think it was best to put all points into that one attribute and only putting points into others to meet gear requirements.

I originally played both Diablo games as melee/fighter, though went Mage and Archer/Rogue this time too, and damn they destroy compared to melee guys.

The mage was the most fun, bouncing around with teleport and obliterating whole rooms. Takes some fine fingering to get all the magic skills going off though while still teleporting around, and you'll still end up killing yourself sometimes using the wrong skill, like teleporting into a horde instead of blasting them lol. But holy crap a teleporting lightning mage was a blast! (so is Apocalypse lol) You have to try that shit.

A mage is also a great first character as they're less gear dependent at the start since all you need are the spells while gear is a bonus (and can collect gear for a future character). I only got to Torment with my Mage and Archer, but then it was like hitting a brick wall to me.

I also remember watching a video of the Necromancer class, and it looked hysterical and fun, summing hordes of minions everywhere, never got round to trying him though.

Oh another hint, one of the quests gives you a +1 level to your Golem spell. But since it's optional you can go back and get it in each difficulty once you've maxed your Golem spell, which means you could go past the max level for that spell

Oh yes another hint, probably best to have a crafting character, giving all the recipes and stuff to be scrapped/salvaged for parts to them, so you have 1 guy with access to lots or all your crafting stuff. I also seem to remember something about it being best to have your crafter being a certain class, so they are good/fast at farming if you need something (probably a Mage or Archer/Rouge I'd guess)

Oh, also increase Town Walk speed in the settings. Bunch of things I'm no doubt forgetting,, but anyway.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2016, 11:41.

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 09:29 NetHead

Jivaro wrote on Nov 6, 2016, 00:48:
NetHead wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 22:45:
will remake Diablo 1 inside Diablo 3

Instead just go play Diablo Belzebub if you want to re/play Diablo 1. Played it earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for this link. I am looking forward to giving it a go.

No problem, it's well worth giving a go if you want some old Diablo 1 fun.

You can also get a help/information file on the forums which could be handy if you're stuck with how to do a quest or something

Also if you want some stash items here's a link to my old one I quickly uploaded, it obviously doesn't have everything but has quite a bit of stuff, might help if looking for some set piece or something. Some might say what's the point as getting stuff if half the game, but some don't have the time to farm however long just for an item.

There are two files in this archive, one for a mule character with stuff in his storage and the other is the shared storage box which usually has something in it.

Here's another one, but this archive should have all my old characters aswell which might also have useful stuff or build ideas.

Just check the folder structure and file names to see where they go and backup your own files for if you want to restore them.

Just a note on items, I remember accidentally loosing an item during crafting that I didn't want to lose (scrapped the wrong thing while hurriedly clicking), trying to restore it turned out impossible as it seems the game notes the ID number of items destroyed via the crafting system (and saves that in that character save).

Since there may be some dupes in there, don't scrap/salvage anything from these stashes you might want to use later as the game will remember they shouldn't exist and remove them. This doesn't apply to anything you've found yourself as even if it's the same item as it will have a new random ID number, though even then keep in mind accidentally scraping your main gear means it's gone lol so either way be careful what you scrap for crafting parts.

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 09:10 Wallshadows

Instead just go play Diablo Belzebub if you want to re/play Diablo 1. Played it earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the link! I never even heard about this. I know what I am doing today!

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 00:48 Jivaro

Thanks for this link. I am looking forward to giving it a go.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2016, 22:45 NetHead

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2016, 16:11 Wallshadows

Wait wait wait.... The Darkening of Tristram event is only happening for one month? Holy shit.  

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2016, 14:09 Shok

The top comments on that Diablo III post are brutal lol.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo