Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer

A new trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda teases the upcoming installment in the space opera series. November 7th is the game's N7 Day, and the clip teases the "Andromeda Initiative," saying orientation for this will begin on that date. You can register on the Join The Andromeda Initiative page where they seem to describe this as a mailing list, albeit one with a reward at the end. Word is: "Registered recruits will be among the first contacted to receive critical mission information, special training opportunities, and will also be eligible for reward upon program completion. Orientation begins Nov. 7." Thanks Neutronbeam.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 12:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 12:18:
Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:57:
The entire ending sequence was extremely disappointing.

Instead of a major final space battle where all the races you forged alliances with come together to defeat the Reapers we got that crap.

It was just so friggin' stupid. The game was essentially perfect up until that point. I felt like they really nailed the gameplay and loot/armor system for 3. But then they pulled that ending shite.

Exactly! The ending should've been a dead giveaway: the alliances your forged came together to fuck the Reapers up. After all, the big difference the Reapers had to face in this galactic purge... was COMMANDER SHEPARD and his ability to bring all the races together!

Ugh, do you know that I'm actually getting pissed off again just thinking about the clusterfuck ending of that perfect game trilogy? *sigh*

Yeah couldn't disagree, but if you ever replay on PC, follow the link I gave you The modded ending is semi-professionally done, and is VASTLY better and should be considered canon.

Well, I consider the modded ending canon anyway....

Btw, the modded ending does add a giant space battle....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 12:18 Quinn

Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:57:

Instead of a major final space battle where all the races you forged alliances with come together to defeat the Reapers we got that crap.

It was just so friggin' stupid. The game was essentially perfect up until that point. I felt like they really nailed the gameplay and loot/armor system for 3. But then they pulled that ending shite.

Exactly! The ending should've been a dead giveaway: the alliances your forged came together to fuck the Reapers up. After all, the big difference the Reapers had to face in this galactic purge... was COMMANDER SHEPARD and his ability to bring all the races together!

Ugh, do you know that I'm actually getting pissed off again just thinking about the clusterfuck ending of that perfect game trilogy? *sigh*

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 11:57 Slashman

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 4, 2016, 01:33 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 21:47:
Can't get stoked about this. I am as reluctant to get excited about getting this game as getting back into a relationship with the girl that broke my heart.
That fucking ending.... T_T

Yeah, but which ending
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/66/?

15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 21:47 Quinn

Can't get stoked about this. I am as reluctant to get excited about getting this game as getting back into a relationship with the girl that broke my heart.
That fucking ending.... T_T

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 17:41 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 15:11:
Pfft, everyone knows the moon landing was fake, those things aren't up there. Rolleyes

Also, the earth is flat!

But it's right there in the video Blue embedded in this story! Two people in space suits walking on the moon!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:50 Kxmode

Siygess wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 15:22:
The only "mistake" I noticed was at the end of the clip where it says N7 Day 2015..

I don't think that was a mistake. They were simply providing the name of the video they are video linking to.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:45 Kelpie

SlimRam wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:52:
...also the lander doesn't look like that, the top part is gone.

Allthumbsup

Yep, the LEM Ascent stage is still attached. It's a bit difficult to get off the moon without it

Apollo 17 LEM ascent

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:41 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:57:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:25:
#BlackSpaceMatters

2 things, this made me google first not white man in space, and he was from Cuba (yes, really) and sent up there by the Soviets in 1980. So.... I think I could call you a closet communist for that hashtag

The other is.. I am hyped for this game

I was simply pointing out space, for the most part, is black and contains matter. An obviously play on the BLM hashtag campaign.

I'm hyped too! But NMS has made me temper my hype and wait until after release for reviews.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:24 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 15:14:
And did the soviets plant a flag too?
Nah, that's just an American thing

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:22 Siygess

The only "mistake" I noticed was at the end of the clip where it says N7 Day 2015..  

8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:14 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:46:
Kelpie wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:11:
Anyone else spot the obvious mistake in the trailer?

No American Flag, bleached white by radiation?

Also, sounds like Clancy Brown

I still need to finish Mass Effect 3.

Yup, no American flag, also the lander doesn't look like that, the top part is gone. It's kinda how they returned to space after the moonwalk. Also, I believe the lunar rover should be visible also? Not sure about that though.

EDIT: Actually just looked it up The rover is quite a ways from the site and they predict that the flag is probably gone altogether because it was just made of nylon. The more you KNOW!

Speaking about things that one really ought to know, did every Apollo mission that landed (3 of which landed with their own rover!) plant a flag??? And did the soviets plant a flag too? And what was it made of?

Googling this resulted in a lot of confusion.. did NASA never make public the full EVA logs of missions? Can't find a damn thing on the Nasa website so maybe that is just me...

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2016, 15:25.

7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:11 Tipsy McStagger

Yup, no American flag, also the lander doesn't look like that, the top part is gone. It's kinda how they returned to space after the moonwalk. Also, I believe the lunar rover should be visible also? Not sure about that though.

EDIT: Actually just looked it up The rover is quite a ways from the site and they predict that the flag is probably gone altogether because it was just made of nylon. The more you KNOW!

Pfft, everyone knows the moon landing was fake, those things aren't up there. Rolleyes

Also, the earth is flat!

6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:25:
#BlackSpaceMatters

2 things, this made me google first not white man in space, and he was from Cuba (yes, really) and sent up there by the Soviets in 1980. So.... I think I could call you a closet communist for that hashtag

The other is.. I am hyped for this game

5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 14:52 SlimRam

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2016, 15:06.

4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 13:25 Kxmode

#BlackSpaceMatters  

2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 13:11 Kelpie

1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 11:04 Cutter

"Whitey's on the moon." - Gil Scott Heron.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >