Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak?

A post on reddit shows a shot of a laptop spotted on a Montreal subway that may be a leak of the title of the next Tomb Raider game (thanks VG247). The name this shows is Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The comments have speculation about whether or not this is legitimate. They also point out that if this is legitimate, it being spotted in Montreal could be an indication that this will be developed by Square Enix Montreal, rather than series originator Crystal Dynamics.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 2, 2016, 02:04 WitcherOntheProwl

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 17:54:
Is this a game where you fight a 300 foot tall Laura Croft by grabbing onto her boobs and hanging on for dear life?

Now that's a game I would play no matter what it was called.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 21:14 NamecaF

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 17:54:
Is this a game where you fight a 300 foot tall Laura Croft by grabbing onto her boobs and hanging on for dear life?

Who's Laura Croft?

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

7. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 17:54 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 16:37 WitcherOntheProwl

Well at least the title of the game is better than the last one. The last game was good but I had a real problem with the name. I hope they don't pull a fast one and have an evil Lara running around again.  

5. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 15:57 MacLeod

Bodolza wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 14:37:
Apparently continuing their tradition of stealing titles from Batman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Shadow_of_the_Bat

Not quite sure how they have a "Tradition", since the Rise title doesn't mirror a Batman piece. It was "Dark Knight Rises" not "Rise of the Dark Knight". Can't just consider it stealing because it uses the word Rise.

Speaking of titles though, I still think the first game in the reboot should have been called "Lara Croft", then the second game's title "Rise of the Tomb Raider" would make more sense from a progression stand point. Then your third game would be called "Tomb Raider". <Shrug> just me.

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 14:37 Bodolza

Apparently continuing their tradition of stealing titles from Batman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Shadow_of_the_Bat

3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 13:39 HoSpanky

might not be playing as Lara, with a title like that. I haven't gotten around to picking up Rise, just don't have the time for it. Still balls-deep in Legion and FH3.  

2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 11:35 Peter M. Smith

They also point out that if this is legitimate, it being spotted in Montreal could be an indication that this will be developed by Square Enix Montreal, rather than series originator Crystal Dynamics.

Possible, but it feels like a reach. The picture shows somebody working on a document on the subway, it does not show somebody working on the game itself. It is just as likely (if not more so) that somebody is prepping for a meeting while on the subway.

1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 10:27 RedEye9

Looks like some company is going to be investing in laptop privacy screens. https://www.amazon.com/3M-Privacy-Filter-Standard-PF141C3B/dp/B00006B8A9

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo