Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released

Frontier Developments now offers The Guardians, a new expansion for Elite Dangerous Horizons introducing ship-launched fighters and passenger gameplay to their space combat game. This comes with a version 2.2 patch for Elite Dangerous Horizons and a version 1.7 update for Elite Dangerous, saying these provide quality-of-life upgrades. The Elite Dangerous forums have a complete change log and a new trailer shows things off. Here's word:
The Guardians changes the dynamics of combat, trading and exploration in Elite Dangerous, and unlocks new opportunities for every Commander to enrich their experience in the massively multiplayer galaxy, however they choose to play.

The Guardians offers Commanders the opportunity to install a fighter launch bay in their larger ships and choose from three different fighter craft to gain an edge over their attackers. Commanders can hire NPC (non-player character) crewmates to pilot their ship while flying into combat from the cockpit of their heavily-armed fighter. With a second ship in every fight, now Commanders can take what comes and hit back with double.

Passenger gameplay sees the introduction of individuals and groups of NPCs seeking passage aboard Commanders’ ships, unlocking an all-new career path for the Elite Dangerous galaxy. Commanders can pilot the new Beluga passenger vessel or retrofit their existing craft to transport politicians, VIPs and prisoners across the galaxy for legal and illegal ends. Spectacular destinations await galactic tourists and dangerous challenges await undercover operatives on smuggler’s runs.

View

3. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released Oct 25, 2016, 23:32 Vall Forran

The AI is vicious now. I pretty much gave up bounty hunting, unless it's one guy in a smaller ship than I. Sometimes I still flee because a wing will warp in to help.

I've found doing the engineer quests to be more fun. You can go to Unidentified Sig Sources and it shows a threat level when you get close. Threat 0 is just picking up jettisoned cargo which you can use for materials. Threat 1 is usually just one small pirate guy. Killing him also gives you materials. Any higher threats and I avoid.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report