Battlefield 1 Released

EA and DICE now offers Battlefield 1, which takes the long-running military shooter series into the trenches of World War I. You can keep up with the game on the Battlefield 1 website and you can pick this up through Origin. They celebrate the release with a Press 'X' to Squad Up trailer with special guests from the community taking part in online games. Here's word on the game:
In Battlefield 1, experience the dawn of all-out war on an unmatched epic scale, full of a variety of new gameplay opportunities. DICE set out to build the most immersive and dynamic Battlefield game ever, continuing to improve their multiplayer sandbox experience through ever-changing environments with intuitive destruction and dynamic weather in up to 64-player battles. In Operations, a brand new multiplayer mode, players can fully immerse themselves in a series of interconnected battles, holding the front line across multiple maps. And if the battle is looking lost, call in a Behemoth, the largest fully player-controlled vehicle ever seen in Battlefield or deploy as one of three destructive forces of the Elite Class. In the unique single player campaign, players can immerse themselves in War Stories, played from the perspectives of different protagonists across the globe from the deserts of the Middle East to the skies of the Western Front.

View : : :
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Morning Mobilization
Oct 26, 2016, 11:13
Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2016, 11:13
Oct 26, 2016, 11:13

ANTI KILL3R wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:39:
I never understood these military shooters.

After a few hours into MP, neither do I. Maybe my biggest gripe with the game is that it's everyone for themselves even if it's not. What I mean with that cryptic shit is that even if someone pulls off something epic -- like dropping a bomb on a terrorizing tank with a bomberplane -- nobody in the team will know who the fuck pulled that off. There's no real kill log.

In this way neither do we know who is slacking. I saw a guy in a light tank drive into a camp surrounded by about 7 enemies. He got wasted and wasted the team's costly vehicle.
Nobody seemed to care.

Oct 26, 2016, 08:39
Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2016, 08:39
Oct 26, 2016, 08:39

I never understood these military shooters.

Re: Battlefield 1 Released
Oct 25, 2016, 02:03
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 25, 2016, 02:03
Oct 25, 2016, 02:03

I've been rocking the 1st place on 60+ player matches. How? Heavy tank. I feel like there's a good reason to flame players who claim the Tank spot with a Light Tank or something similar. Proper use of the Heavy Tank trumps the Light Tank in every way, imo.

Good game. Having great fun, except so far I'm being fucked in the arsehole on foot. I realize that in this game, I prefer a hipfire shock-and-awe kinda player. The time it takes to go iron-sight is enough for the enemy (with their peculiar accuracy) to fuck me up...
Still need to find a good hipfire weapon.

Also, I had a Legendary weapon in a dropbox. Was that merely a skin though, or do weapons actually drop in these boxes?

Oct 24, 2016, 21:24
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 24, 2016, 21:24
Oct 24, 2016, 21:24

Never ever purchase the download version via Origin.com due to the fact that they failed to include the validation code in the email. Never got back to me after I reached out and on line tech support on their site is a joke so I re-bought BF1 via cdkeys.com and then contacted AMEX to do a charge back to me. EA is too big a company so they apparently really don't care about me and most likely others ....FYI be careful with EA!

Oct 23, 2016, 20:48
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 20:48
Oct 23, 2016, 20:48

@MoreLuckThanSkill
@Quinn

1) The Server Browser/Battle Log: I have not liked their server browser or the fact that you can only customize your character while in a game for the last several games. It works but always seems to be lacking year after year. As far as keeping highlight scores I have yet to figure out what if any screenshot button exists within the game/browser so I just snap a photo with my cellphone. Surprised they have not improved on the browser for so very long. My main complaint is being locked in or waiting on the browser to get you in game just so that you can exit. Sometimes if you tap ESC an exit/quit option appears other times it does not.

2) To spend war bonds and/or customize everything from your planes/tanks to your classes what I do is pick an empty server and join it. At the screen where you choose which class and what vehicle you want to play as pick the vehicle/class then near the bottom left corner a customize button appears. Click that and your kit appears along the left side of the screen. Click each item separately and explore the options available depending on your levels and bonds to spend.

If you are picking an item that will cost you bonds to unlock it will show the price in the green square and if you click that item it will confirm with you that you want to spend xxx amount on the unlock. If it has no green price tag it is not yet ready to unlock due to your level. Again both player and class levels open more/better options so don't waste all your bonds unlocking all the early weapons. The best advice is to pay attention to the weapons others are killing you with. That way you will have some idea of which weapons are the best out of the lot. Also if you kill an enemy pick up their kit so that you can try out the weapons/items they have.

3) Your war bonds go into a pool so you can spend them however you like. While in a tank or plane you have a pilot/driver kit and they have different unlocks too not to mention unlocks for different versions of the vehicle.

4) Have not used the cavalry much nor have I seen anyone throwing anything other than anti tank grenades while horseback.

5) As far as I know there is only one speed in a tank, slow, and it is a bit too slow. I guess they wanted to gimp their movement or make them more vulnerable since infantry can outrun a tank in most cases. There may be a second gear or a faster speed by holding or tapping a key but I have yet to find it.

I had another great moment on the Scar map last night. The enemy was losing because they were all trying to hang back and snipe from a distance. I came down the hill with the windmill (A) towards the ruins of the church (B) which was being heavily fought over. I decided to flank left toward the open farmlands. I came over the small hill with the large tree and saw half a dozen enemy troops lying in craters on the edge of the field sniping at our team inside the ruins. So I circled behind them and starting killing them one by one with my hatchet. I had just killed my fourth sniper when someone got wise and shot me. The end of the round my squad ranking was dogtag hunter.

Oh, one last thing... there is now an app for that. EA has an app for your smart device which will allow you to customize your character classes from outside of the game. Still wish they would have figured this out years ago. They keep forcing you to choose between getting into the action or taking the time to figure out the customization options. Hell, I still have no idea where you change your dogtags at...

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2016, 20:57.

Oct 23, 2016, 05:40
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 05:40
Oct 23, 2016, 05:40

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 23:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 20:39:
I need you guys right now...

I'm between not caring enough to google research and caring enough to type this:

How the hell do I get coins or dropboxes or whatever? I'm leveling up but I'm not getting any stuff! I feel like I'm in a HORRIBLE disadvantage as I die during every single encounter with an enemy. I mean, my "shooter skill resume" says I'm above average and that's why I find it hard to accept many of the deaths I'm experiencing during BF1. I really miss the killcam because normally these show that inexplicable deaths are due to latency or dumb luck..

Too many times by now I had the enemy at a disadvantage and yet they just oneshot me with their crazy-as-fuck accurate weapon. If there's one thing I'm certain of is that my accuracy is way above average (my patience sucks ergo so do my tactical approaches) and I cannot accept a death against an enemy where I had the advantage over.

If anyone can shine some light on that or give me BF tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have noticed the same thing on occasion. I know I am not as fast as I use to be but at times I have the crosshair lined up and popping off rounds that appear to hit but when the enemy drops me it shows them at full health. What I do now is I drop from the server and find another server in the hopes that the lag or whatever is happening is gone. Usually it is. At first I was feeling like I had not even played the beta or the early access I was getting owned a lot. If you are older like me you will not be able to twitch like a young punk. So you have to out think them. Just adapt your style until you get into the zone. Using a pair of good headsets is vital too. Having the proper situation awareness is key. Headsets give you that edge against somebody using desktop speakers that are not surround sound and up loud.

As you level you get war bonds and can go into customization for each class to spend those bonds on unlocks. The weapon stats are sometimes not a direct reflection of how well the weapon will perform for you. Of course that depending on your playstyle. As you play each class and level it (separate from your overall level) you are granted access to more unlocks. So focus on a class you like before moving to another or use two or three of the four depending on how the round is playing out. I started playing mostly medic for obvious reason. First you can heal others and yourself. Second you can revive and third you get a nice unlock (forgot at which level) which is basically a sniper rifle that is semi auto and very accurate with little recoil while prone.

The crates are random drops at the end of every round. Battlepacks are mostly crap. Yeah, they make your weapons look cooler but are pretty much just texture garbage to get you to care about winning one. I bought the pre-order and out of my first ten packs I had three duplicate. So duplicates can be sold for scraps which in turn can buy you another Battlepack. LoL, WTF! I am not kidding. Don't worry about them just have fun. Slick must be playing night and day to get that may random loot crates (battlepacks) I rarely get one. I think top performers get a crate automatically and since it sounds like he is using some elite skillz he is getting one quite often. Good for him but as he also stated they are a bit of a joke. Like I said just have fun, get use to your weapons, and kits. Then the points/levels will start to come in and more war bonds will drop too. Getting accustomed to your weapons is also important so take the time to get to know them. The stats give you info on bullet and damage drop at range while comparing the weapon unlocks to what you already have in your possession.

I had a great moment early on the Italian map with the light tank way up top on the side of the mountain in the open taking on dozens of enemy troops below. Once they kill your ground support it is time to run. I had a sniper trying to use his K bullets to take me out so I charged him with the tank. I was very near exploding so I jumped out and stabbed him in the chest before jumping back into the tank, popping smoke, hitting the instant repair option which gives your tank thirty health, then driving off someplace safer to repair the tank. It was one of those moments in gaming we all live for. Those don't always come around as much as they use to.

Maybe we should form a Blue's News older gamers brigade?

Thanks a lot for the time you put into your answer! It sounds crazy but I hadn't figured out the entire warbonds thing. Right now, without having started up BF1 yet after reading your answer, I have no freaking clue where the character page is to use the warbonds for upgrades. I can blame myself for this, or it's actually a sign of bad menu design...

That thing you described with your tank sounded awesome! I had a similar moment with a heavy tank on the map with the tight city streets: at a bridge a few squads of ours were pinned down, but I managed to "sneak" around with my tank. I came around the corner and I saw all those cute little backs toward me. I wiped them out.
Someone cheered on teamchat <3

Anyway, I'll get back in BF1 soon and try to spend those warbonds!

PS: the Bluesnews group is a good suggestion, but I'm afraid some of us will suffer from high latency since we're all spread out over Europe and the US here, mostly

Oct 23, 2016, 03:10
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 23, 2016, 03:10
Oct 23, 2016, 03:10

Okay, got about 10 hours in, had some pretty great games and some completely shitty games so far. Some questions have arisen:

1) Is there a BF1 version of Battlelog or equivalent function, so you can save the performance(extended stats) from a given round?

I just went 32-1 in a heavy tank(AV7), and I had 2 sick shots on aircraft, (Heavy Tank main gun AT shell will 1 hit kill all planes up to the Bomber, apparently ), and some way to save the game ala BF4 would be great. Unfortunately the stats are setup more like SW:Battlefront, it seems? Aka no detailed saving of stats per round.

2) How the hell do you actually spend the war bonds? I've been trying to unlock random guns/items to test, nothing is allowed. I'm of the required level, just nothing happens when I click on an item. I have thousands now, seemingly useless.

3) Being able to move some of my Tank apocalypse points to infantry classes would be great, but there probably isn't any option to do that.

4) Can you throw ammo/hp from the horse, or do you have to dismount? The horse has been extremely unlucky for me, the second I get one a Behemoth shoots me or something, every time.

5) Crawl speed button for tanks is utterly useless. Is there a sprint/extra gas button hidden somewhere?

Anyway, so far it's been that maddening mix of glorious triumph mixed with online multiplayer bullshit. Some of the maps seem to honestly be confusing to some players, 90% of the population of the server will be fighting over 1 or 2 flags on certain maps, hopefully people start to spread out over time.

Oct 22, 2016, 23:42
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 23:42
Oct 22, 2016, 23:42

@Quinn There is also the filter option to reduce the player count on the servers you are selecting from. Some maps are going to be all out chaos not matter what. But if you choose a 32 player server over a 64 player server it will be half as chaotic. You probably already knew that but thought I would add it anyway.

Oct 22, 2016, 23:04
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 23:04
Oct 22, 2016, 23:04

Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 20:39:

I'm between not caring enough to google research and caring enough to type this:

How the hell do I get coins or dropboxes or whatever? I'm leveling up but I'm not getting any stuff! I feel like I'm in a HORRIBLE disadvantage as I die during every single encounter with an enemy. I mean, my "shooter skill resume" says I'm above average and that's why I find it hard to accept many of the deaths I'm experiencing during BF1. I really miss the killcam because normally these show that inexplicable deaths are due to latency or dumb luck..

Too many times by now I had the enemy at a disadvantage and yet they just oneshot me with their crazy-as-fuck accurate weapon. If there's one thing I'm certain of is that my accuracy is way above average (my patience sucks ergo so do my tactical approaches) and I cannot accept a death against an enemy where I had the advantage over.

If anyone can shine some light on that or give me BF tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have noticed the same thing on occasion. I know I am not as fast as I use to be but at times I have the crosshair lined up and popping off rounds that appear to hit but when the enemy drops me it shows them at full health. What I do now is I drop from the server and find another server in the hopes that the lag or whatever is happening is gone. Usually it is. At first I was feeling like I had not even played the beta or the early access I was getting owned a lot. If you are older like me you will not be able to twitch like a young punk. So you have to out think them. Just adapt your style until you get into the zone. Using a pair of good headsets is vital too. Having the proper situation awareness is key. Headsets give you that edge against somebody using desktop speakers that are not surround sound and up loud.

As you level you get war bonds and can go into customization for each class to spend those bonds on unlocks. The weapon stats are sometimes not a direct reflection of how well the weapon will perform for you. Of course that depending on your playstyle. As you play each class and level it (separate from your overall level) you are granted access to more unlocks. So focus on a class you like before moving to another or use two or three of the four depending on how the round is playing out. I started playing mostly medic for obvious reason. First you can heal others and yourself. Second you can revive and third you get a nice unlock (forgot at which level) which is basically a sniper rifle that is semi auto and very accurate with little recoil while prone.

The crates are random drops at the end of every round. Battlepacks are mostly crap. Yeah, they make your weapons look cooler but are pretty much just texture garbage to get you to care about winning one. I bought the pre-order and out of my first ten packs I had three duplicate. So duplicates can be sold for scraps which in turn can buy you another Battlepack. LoL, WTF! I am not kidding. Don't worry about them just have fun. Slick must be playing night and day to get that may random loot crates (battlepacks) I rarely get one. I think top performers get a crate automatically and since it sounds like he is using some elite skillz he is getting one quite often. Good for him but as he also stated they are a bit of a joke. Like I said just have fun, get use to your weapons, and kits. Then the points/levels will start to come in and more war bonds will drop too. Getting accustomed to your weapons is also important so take the time to get to know them. The stats give you info on bullet and damage drop at range while comparing the weapon unlocks to what you already have in your possession.

I had a great moment early on the Italian map with the light tank way up top on the side of the mountain in the open taking on dozens of enemy troops below. Once they kill your ground support it is time to run. I had a sniper trying to use his K bullets to take me out so I charged him with the tank. I was very near exploding so I jumped out and stabbed him in the chest before jumping back into the tank, popping smoke, hitting the instant repair option which gives your tank thirty health, then driving off someplace safer to repair the tank. It was one of those moments in gaming we all live for. Those don't always come around as much as they use to.

Maybe we should form a Blue's News older gamers brigade?

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2016, 23:34.

Oct 22, 2016, 20:39
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 20:39
Oct 22, 2016, 20:39

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Oct 22, 2016, 17:30
Slick

Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2016, 17:30
Oct 22, 2016, 17:30
 Slick

Oh man, I have like 20k warbonds, I should probably spend them on something. Finally caught up on opening the battlepacks that I was accruing, 45 of them in one go. Got the serrated blade melee weapon (5x legendary puzzle pieces), it's nothing special, total dissapointment, same stats as the shovel, and no special animation that I've seen so far. Whatever, I have like 5x gold BAR skins, I can't sell them, even if there's no point to having multiples, they're just so awesome!

Also I unlocked the lvl 10 assault gun last night, it's GRRRRREAT! It's accurate at medium range, and has a 60 round mag. But you only have 120 bullets total (1 extra mag) so you'll burn through ammo fast. Still, I'm enjoying it.

The martini Henry is broken it's so powerful. If you can sneak up beside a squad without them seeing you, you can just pop your head up, take one out, then immidiately crouch behind cover, they have nooooo idea what's happening. On the Suez map, I was flanking on the south side behind some sand dunes while everyone was fighting over B. I got like 9-10 kills IN A ROW. Like within 2 seconds of each other, I wish I had shadowplayed it. It was ridiculous, only near the end did some of them start turning towards my position, just prioritized them, and down they went, then kept grooming the flock.

It's the fact that they don't have a chance, 100 damage means that they don't get a hit indicator to tell them where the attack is coming from, they're just dead. And since you didn't hit anyone else next to them, no one has any idea what's happening. You have to be sneaky with it, but when you get in a good position, it's toooons of fun.

Oh and the bullets don't seem to lose any energy when passing through an enemy, I've had many double-kills when a medic goes prone next to someone he's reviving, it just rips through both of them if you happen to have the right angle.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Oct 22, 2016, 14:56
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2016, 14:56
Oct 22, 2016, 14:56

Just curious. Are the rest of you seeing as many bans in game as I am? I swear there must be one ban every five minutes or so. This may be the reason EA/DICE moved all digital downloads off Steam so they get all the profits of these cheaters who get a cheap key download version of the game only to get banned before going to buy another cheap version of the game. I just hope FairFight continues to catch a good number of them. More likely it will not. Eventually some hacker will figure out a way to avoid their detection. If it has not already been done.

I know I saw a lot of crazy things again last night. The most obvious was when I was single shot through a wall with no possible way the enemy could have seen me let alone hit me. A few other times being one shot by a guy running around only using his pistol to headshot everyone instantly as they came into sight. I got killed early once and I watched him run directly to three other people in different parts of a building insta killing them all with one shot. I had to assume he had not only an aimbot but a wallhack on. If it had only been once or twice seeing that kind of high level skill I wouldn't have suspect anything but repeatedly running directly to people as if he could see through walls then instantly killing them? Hopefully his punk ass got banned.

Still having an amazing time with the game. I skipped the last two DICE games and don't regret it. BF1 has that something special. I keep wanting to go another round and sometimes having to force myself to take a break. I don't feel there are any shit maps so far. Yeah, I like some more than others but that will always be the case. I also already have far more war bonds then I know what to do with. I am starting to try some of the weapons legit players are owning me with and seeing why they are so deadly. Sometimes the stats don't make it as painfully obvious as getting owned by one of the better weapons.

Oct 22, 2016, 12:22
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2016, 12:22
Oct 22, 2016, 12:22

Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 15:33:
A round like that was 60-70% light tank, it's just such a beast in the right hands. don't charge into battle, stay with your friendly troops. Whenever i push up too far I see 3-4 AT nades coming over a hill and I'm instarekt. Rush is great for the Howitzer light tank, as it doesn't have 360 rotation in teh turret, but it's easy in that mode to just keep pointing straight ahead. When you figure out the way the main shells lob, you can nail armor from long distances. You 2-shot any other light tank (1-shot insta disable), and 3-shot heavy armor. It's a beast. And the coax is very powerful once you start leading your shots, the bullets travel a bit slower than many guns, but you have infinity bullets, so use your gifts! Just like real comp play I don't give a shit about my accuracy stat, I'm suppressing the enemy 24/7 when I'm in a tank. never more than 1-2 seconds go by without constant MG fire. Tanks are there for support, not for glory. They're the drummers, not the lead guitar.

Also if anyone wants to squad up, I'd love to fuck around with some BSNS players. I'm east coast, but will play anywhere. The game performs remarkably well with a high ping. When I unlocked it through the Korea VPN trick on monday, I played a round at 400 ping just for shits and giggles. They hide the lag VERY well. Visually it was hard to tell I wasn't playing in a local server. Unless you throw a nade or fly a plane.

Anyways, Add me! IIISLICKIII = origin name. Someone should make a BSNS batallion or something (if that's even in this game?) Like we did with GTA V. I think that there's enough players on here to actually have some active squadplay. The game is much more enjoyable when you're playing with people you know.

i get error
NO RESULTS FOUND FOR IIISLICKIII
add me:
infingers

edit, nm looks like adding manual worked

Oct 22, 2016, 12:13
Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 12:13
Oct 22, 2016, 12:13

Slick wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 06:14:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 22:33:
@Slick You are correct that light tank with the howitzer and machine gun is a beast. And I agree with the others saying the KB&M plane controls the way they are set up are horrible. I literally have to spin my track ball repeatedly to turn with any speed. I may get my old joystick out and dust it off when I get tired of tanking and infantry.

how did everyone miss this? trackball!? link me.

As far as missing that version of the light tank it is because I used the one that had the support kit drops too. I was able to go 47/1 during beta using the flak cannon. Even taking out a few low flying planes before they nerfed tanks for the retail release. Each version has a different play style and is suited for different tactics. Have you use the version that drops anti-tank mines and if so how long does the mine remain after your death? I know if you drop tank mines they stay as long as you do not drop any new mines upon spawning. A total of three mines will remain for a considerably long time. I have taken out tanks and vehicles with them as long as five or so minutes after respawning.

This is the track ball that I use. I wish it had a slightly more precise movement while scoped in with a sniper rifle but it is the best on the market as far as I know. I have used this version for ten or so years if I am not mistaken. Due to old age and arthritis it is just more ergonomic to use. Far less stress on the wrist if you play a lot of games.

Oct 22, 2016, 11:49
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 11:49
Oct 22, 2016, 11:49

Overwatch Season 1: Rank 63
Season 2: Rank 2600 (other ranking system)

As Overwatch players here know, these ranks are pretty good.

Reason I'm saying this: I can't seem to hit fuck all in Battlefield.

Oct 22, 2016, 10:17
Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 10:17
Oct 22, 2016, 10:17

Slick wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 02:23:
Also, I fly totally with KB+M, some pros use the keyboard, but they switch to the mouse for actually shooting, you can't accurately track and lead with a joystick or def not with the keyboard compared to a mouse, it's just the most direct input on offer.

Hmm, see that's kind of interesting because with flight simming, one of the first things you learn about employing guns is that you fly your airplane so that the enemy flies into your crosshairs, as opposed to flying your crosshairs onto the enemy. Typically, that means developing a certain rate of turn and holding it for long enough that everything lines up and you can get off a solid burst. For that kind of sustained, measured control, I've never found anything to better than a joystick.

Sorry, not meaning to be contrarian here. I just find it interesting that a control scheme that absolutely would not work in, say, DCS, is by far the best way to play in Battlefield these days. Particularly because in the Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 2 days, my old logitech joystick was a huge asset to flying the planes and helicopters.

Oct 22, 2016, 06:14
Slick

Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 06:14
Oct 22, 2016, 06:14
 Slick

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 22:33:
@Slick You are correct that light tank with the howitzer and machine gun is a beast. And I agree with the others saying the KB&M plane controls the way they are set up are horrible. I literally have to spin my track ball repeatedly to turn with any speed. I may get my old joystick out and dust it off when I get tired of tanking and infantry.

how did everyone miss this? trackball!? link me.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Oct 22, 2016, 02:30
Slick

Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 02:30
Oct 22, 2016, 02:30
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 01:19:
Retired wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 23:49:
Gaming has turned to Gouging. I am out.

comparatively speaking if you add up the retail prices of BF1942 and it's expansions or BF2 and it's expansions the price hasn't really changed much.

hey that's usually my point =p

actually it is more expensive this time if you include the $20 surtax on the ultimate edition because it comes with the deluxe base edition.

But just like for the last 10 years, it's been 60 bones for the game, 50 bones for all expansions. going back to 1942 if I'm not mistaken with all major numbered entries inbetween.

*edit I should point out that the formula still stands if the game is $60 USD and $50 for premium avoiding the ultimate edition. they've been $110 since the beginning of the franchise. Considering A) inflation and B) the quality of the product, you're getting much more of your money's worth today than you did back in 1942, and no one was complaining back then.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2016, 05:30.

Oct 22, 2016, 02:23
Slick

Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2016, 02:23
Oct 22, 2016, 02:23
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 21:41:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 19:30:
Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 19:14:

Even back in the Descent days, the competitive scene all migrated towards KB+M over joystick, it just offers more accuracy, and faster accuracy.

Descent had completely different flight dynamics than that of an airplane though.

Granted, the Battlefield flight model isn't remotely realistic but it at least mimics the way airplanes fly, which means you need to hold various continuous, analog inputs for different maneuvers. Carefully swiping the mouse a set number of times just seems like holding yourself back compared to pulling back partially on the stick for however long you need it.

some of the more competent flyers in Battlefield just use the keyboard only, you fly in third person for situational awareness arrow keys for direction W and S for throttle A and D for yaw, assign spacebar for pitch up. Fire with right control key.

In BF4 there was the UCAV unlock tied to playing Air Superiority mode and you had to get jet kills, I tried all sorts of configurations but finally did best with just keyboard only. That was brutal, you had people just hanging out who had mastered the max speed for optimum turns and could wipe out a whole server of n00bs in seconds.

I remember that week, it was a good week, lots of noobs in the sky

Also, I fly totally with KB+M, some pros use the keyboard, but they switch to the mouse for actually shooting, you can't accurately track and lead with a joystick or def not with the keyboard compared to a mouse, it's just the most direct input on offer.

Oct 22, 2016, 01:19
Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 22, 2016, 01:19
Oct 22, 2016, 01:19

Retired wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 23:49:
Gaming has turned to Gouging. I am out.

comparatively speaking if you add up the retail prices of BF1942 and it's expansions or BF2 and it's expansions the price hasn't really changed much.

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older