Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released

Time for one more turn, as 2K and Firaxis announce the release of Sid Meier's Civilization VI, the new installment in the beloved turn-based strategy series. The Civilization VI website has all the details and a launch trailer showing things off. Here's part of the announcement:
2K and Firaxis Games announced today that Sid Meierís Civilizationģ VI, the latest entry in the award-winning turn-based strategy franchise, is now available worldwide for Windows-based PC. Sid Meierís Civilization VI offers players new ways to interact with their world, expand their empire across the map, advance their culture, and compete against historyís greatest leaders to build a civilization to stand the test of time.

Sid Meierís Civilization VI marks another milestone in the Civilization franchise, which has sold-in over 35 million units worldwide and changed the gaming landscape by bringing the strategy genre to unparalleled heights. In Sid Meierís Civilization VI, cities will physically expand across the map to create new, deep strategic layers, active research in technology and culture will unlock new potential ways to play; and the large variety of leaders will pursue their own agendas based on their historical character traits as players race to achieve victory however they choose to play.

View

14. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Oct 21, 2016, 13:48 Fion

Yea isn't DoS awesome? I had put off purchasing it for the longest time in hopes of a deep cut in the price but ended up buying it at $20 a few months back (during the summer gaming drought) and holy crap I should have spent $60 on this game.. the devs deserve it. I've since put 109 hours into it (sans the ~20 from my first game which I restarted after totally fubar'ing the character builds lol).

Played an hour or two of Civ 6 last night. I think it's a marked improvement. I agree I think the city states are handled far better than in Civ 5, and is it just me or do they never expand their borders (or perhaps just much.. much slower). Just about every single aspect of the game seems to be improved, sans one: the UI is a bit overly complex IMHO. It's really hard to find things that should be a click away but require opening 2 sub-menus to reach - like demographic information. The game does appear to be 'more' complex than its predecessor so I expected a more complicated UI but man it seems unnecessarily so.

My first game I decided to start as Saladin (Arabia) and go a science or potentially faith victory. I stopped at turn 50 and so far I've had a lot of fun with it. Even the boring early turns are somewhat exciting lol.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 21, 11:26 Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released SpectralMeat
  4. Oct 21, 11:39  Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released VaranDragon
  7. Oct 21, 12:49   Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Nullity
  2. Oct 21, 11:37 Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Jivaro
  5. Oct 21, 11:51  Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released El Pit
  6. Oct 21, 12:43  Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Cutter
  8. Oct 21, 12:51   Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Frijoles
  9. Oct 21, 12:59    Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released SpectralMeat
  10. Oct 21, 13:05     Re: Morning Mobilization Scottish Martial Arts
  11. Oct 21, 13:10      Re: Morning Mobilization SpectralMeat