Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo

A tweet from David Brevik follows up on this morning's news of him working with a new "Diablo-like" game. Presumably responding to rampant speculation, he throws cold water on the hopes this would actually be part of the Diablo series. However, the way he qualifies that he is not working on the franchise "in the near future" should leave just enough hope alive to sustain us. Word is: "There has been a lot of speculation (and hope), but I'm not working on the Diablo franchise currently or in the near future #sorry #muchlove."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 11:19 chickenboo

But Mad Max with a Interstate 76 mod.... *drools*

hnnnnnnnggg... desperately want an I76 remake. Not necessarily a new installment, just a dev team to port it faithfully to a new engine. Keep the missions, dialogue, music etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 06:28 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 03:02:

You saw the video that someone made in GTAV as an I'76 trailer that was posted a while back, aye?

12. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 05:34 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 03:02:
persay

*twitch*

You are being watched.

11. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 03:02 The Half Elf

But Blizzard won't do a Activision game (reboot or otherwise) and likes to either take a different spin on an existing franchise, or a new IP.

Hellgate London wasn't bad persay.... but when ya had that fucking video showing (whatever the fuck his name is now) getting out of bed to promote/sell Hellgate London.. never had the level of polish it needed to be awesome.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2016, 03:15.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

10. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 01:41 shiho

Cram wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 00:16:
Bullet dodged.

Yes - I was employed already, just wanted a more creative job. Ended up staying at my crappy job for 4 years past the point when Flagship officially disbanded.

9. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 00:16 Cram

shiho wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:33:
Cram wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:13:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:14:
...go fresh with something in a post-apoc.
There's irony there.

Hellgate London needs a sequel.

*nosebleed*

Fun fact: I was interviewed by Flagship Studios for a job a few weeks before Hellgate London beta came out. Alas, they refused to be saved.

j/k nothing could save that piece of crap

Bullet dodged.

8. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 23:33 shiho

Cram wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 23:13:
There's irony there.

*nosebleed*

Fun fact: I was interviewed by Flagship Studios for a job a few weeks before Hellgate London beta came out. Alas, they refused to be saved.

j/k nothing could save that piece of crap

7. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 23:13 Cram

There's irony there.

*nosebleed*

6. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:51 heroin

Hell yea,

If any game needs a reboot it's I'76, game was ahead of it's time.

5. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:47 Burrito of Peace

There's irony there.

Well, since Blizzard and Activision are the same company now, I'd rather see them bring back Interstate '76.

4. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:42 Brazor

This next Blizzcon will celebrate the 20th anniversary for the whole series. If they weren't brought in for a game then the original guys were brought in to record an interview or to be invited to participate in the celebration at Blizzcon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just see them in the opening ceremony of the con on a video.

3. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:14 The Half Elf

No offense, but I'm really not into another Diablo like game that isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

Granted Blizzard got me to play two genre's that I would normally not play (MOBA and Card Games) but I'd like them to do something else with Starcraft (Planetside), or go fresh with something in a post-apoc.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 20:58 Ludomancer

Nobody fucking cares. Stop your pathetic celebrity-worship. Until anything comes out it isn't worth a shit.

1. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 20:23 shiho

Torchlight 2 had a lot going right with it on paper, in terms of bringing old Diablo gameplay depth back, but when you played it, it felt like a series of suffocative paths, bizarre loading screens where there shouldn't have been any, and retarded cartoon weapons with arbitrary stats.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo