Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin

Origin Trials now offers the Battlefield 1 Play First Trial, a demo of the World War I shooter for Origin Access customers. This is the chance to play the full game for up to 10 hours. If you then decide to buy it, all your progress will carry over. Subscriptions to the service are $4.99 per month, and offer access to full versions of over 30 games.
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 16, 2016, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Origin Preorders unlock on the 17th, unfortunately I bought cheap on GMG, and they might not send out keys until the 21st.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 16, 2016, 05:16 Jackplug

Oh I can have a trial, erm no thx. Open beta was enough for me to not venture with this game.

As for the cheater/hackers, Dice are still using punkbuster, which is a pile of utter vile useless shite!

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2016, 05:25.

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 16, 2016, 01:58 Paranoid Jack

Thanks, I was unaware that the spotted soldier was suppose to vanish if not in line of sight after a few seconds. I had noticed that vehicles did stay spotted for a bit longer but not much longer when outside of my line of sight.

Did you notice that medals do not accumulate your activities unless you have them marked as tracking progress? I saw a medal concerning medic kills and it had no progress at all even though I had killed dozens of troops already while playing medic.

18. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 15, 2016, 22:11 Slick

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 18:01:
I had a mostly good time with my ten hours. That said I noticed a lot of bugs in the game that have plague all of the Dice titles. The friendly indicators are still occasionally wrong or missing. Also noticed the spotting option was very erratic. I was targeting and identifying enemy troops and armor yet tapping the Q button would not highlight them ninety percent of the time. Once I spotting a scout just before he rounded a corner into the canyon. Since I had a shotgun and I could not kill him from that distance I spotted him with Q then gave chase. Even though I had just spotted him the icon only stayed on him for maybe two or three seconds before it vanished along with him down the canyon. Another time I was in a light tank in third person perspective and an enemy troop was trying to take cover in craters near a flag as I approached him he became invisible then reappears twenty feet away in another crater from where I had last saw him. The most annoy problem which is still there is what I call the game playing out of sync. The best way to discribe it is being killed by somebody who doesn't have a line of sight on you. What I mean by that is I'm running down an alley and ten feet in I am shot dead. The kill cam shows me the enemy location and he is on the other side of the building and has no line of sight to shoot me... unless he shot me several seconds before while I entered into that alley.

I'm just wondering is anyone else having this type of inconstant buggy gameplay?

Your tale of spotting the sniper around the corner is actually how the mechanic is supposed to work, when the spotted person breaks line-of-sight, then the spot dissapears, I'm guessing it's calculated by the person who spotted them, perhaps if more than 1 person spots them, then it has a better chance to stay around longer if 1 soldier still has line-of-sight.

The only exception is vehicles, they stay spotted even around corners for the full duration.

That being said, there's definitely some bugs (spotting about 10% of the time just wouldn't work, and my Q wasn't "overheated" as it can become if you spam spot), a lot less than BF4 had, but it's still a Battlefield title, with any system with lots of moving parts, there's bound to be bugs. It's actually more polished an experience than I expected from DICE on launch to be honest, the menus, browsers, lots of cool stuff to discover.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

17. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 15, 2016, 18:01 Paranoid Jack

I had a mostly good time with my ten hours. That said I noticed a lot of bugs in the game that have plague all of the Dice titles. The friendly indicators are still occasionally wrong or missing. Also noticed the spotting option was very erratic. I was targeting and identifying enemy troops and armor yet tapping the Q button would not highlight them ninety percent of the time. Once I spotting a scout just before he rounded a corner into the canyon. Since I had a shotgun and I could not kill him from that distance I spotted him with Q then gave chase. Even though I had just spotted him the icon only stayed on him for maybe two or three seconds before it vanished along with him down the canyon. Another time I was in a light tank in third person perspective and an enemy troop was trying to take cover in craters near a flag as I approached him he became invisible then reappears twenty feet away in another crater from where I had last saw him. The most annoy problem which is still there is what I call the game playing out of sync. The best way to discribe it is being killed by somebody who doesn't have a line of sight on you. What I mean by that is I'm running down an alley and ten feet in I am shot dead. The kill cam shows me the enemy location and he is on the other side of the building and has no line of sight to shoot me... unless he shot me several seconds before while I entered into that alley.

I'm just wondering is anyone else having this type of inconstant buggy gameplay?

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 15, 2016, 11:04 Retired

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 16:27:
It didn't take long for the hackers to crack BF1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

And they will do NOTHING about it.

15. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 23:07 Slick

Jack Frags nothing, I just outgunned my old rival Xfactor ^_^

On my second account (the wife's) and I've BEEN DOING PURDY GOOD.

I wasn't the one reporting on PB being gone, but i hope it is, it's garbage, makes more problems than it solves.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2016, 23:15.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 23:07 <Electric-Spock>

Did they correct the issue with key mappings not working in vehicles for those that don't use WASD? That was pretty lame/lazy of them. I bet the console controls worked just fine......  

13. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 18:55 Kosh401

You also get 10% off BF1 if you have EA/Origin Access so it basically pays for itself if you are getting the game anyway from Origin.

I've been loving the maps and can't really complain about anything. Sound, graphics, gunplay have all been top notch. 60hz servers are awesome. Most rounds have been pretty close too, with the odd stompy exception.. ran into JackFrags and those guys early on so yeah lol.. you can see JF owning me a good half dozen times in just a couple mins on his more recent video. But anyway most rounds have been pretty balanced and super fun. It's atmospheric as fuck and I can't wait for my whole squad to be playing

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dacron wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:54:
Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:24:

Oh they were around in the beta. What I don't understand is the guy going 0-10 against that player, and not leaving the server. for every server with a hacker on it, there's 100 that don't. It's just a reality of gaming. Some people have no scruples.

For the youtube fame/$

He's a writer for PCGamer, look at the youtube page, there is a link to the article about cheats in BF1 and the beta.

Slick you were saying something about them completely dropping Punkbuster, so it's just Fairfight now? Ugh this is going to be painful at times, especially with whatever crazy server policy EA has, aka less active admins.

11. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 17:54 Dacron

Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:24:

Oh they were around in the beta. What I don't understand is the guy going 0-10 against that player, and not leaving the server. for every server with a hacker on it, there's 100 that don't. It's just a reality of gaming. Some people have no scruples.

For the youtube fame/$

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 17:24 Slick

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 17:22 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 16:06:
I am vehemently against the EA Access nonsense, especially since it's just 10 hours and then your money is effectively wasted.

However, each to his own, please keep beta testing BF1 before I get in there in a week! :o

Well, you also get access to like 20 full games, a few of which I haven't played. Garden Warfare 2 for example is fun, but I probably wouldn't have paid for it. Also never tried a FIFA game, good excuse to try for $5.

If for any reason any of you have never played Dragon Age: Origins, it's by far the best free game in the pack, if you can finish it in a month. It's still the best RPG I've ever played. Probably due for a replay.

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 16:47 Slick

I'm on my second account now ^_^

If anyone has any questions about stuff, lemme know, there's too much to write here without much wall of text

7. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 16:27 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am vehemently against the EA Access nonsense, especially since it's just 10 hours and then your money is effectively wasted.

However, each to his own, please keep beta testing BF1 before I get in there in a week!

In the meantime, I've been playing Shadow Warrior 2... it's pretty great, and the more I play, the more it seems like a better version of Borderlands basically. Better weapon and skill variation, better movement by far, better graphics/sound, but of course smaller maps.

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 15:08 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 14:56:
I'm having hard time not grabbing it but given the history of Warhammer games...

It's a little concerning that there isn't more information available when it's going to be released in November. Either they're trying to preserve a secret within the game, it'll be delayed, or are hoping for a golden double rainbow where this blackout hype meets expectations.

Warhammer has been in a pretty good spot lately though as far as quality is concerned. There's still a bunch of shitty shovelware iOS titles but as far as proper titles are concerned, it ain't bad with the exception of Eternal Crusade which seems to suffer from biting off more than it could chew.

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 14:56 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 14:45:
I'll get Deathwing in November to hold me over.

I'm having hard time not grabbing it but given the history of Warhammer games...

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 14:51 McJammiepants

The game seems really well put together so far. I've been quite impressed with both multiplayer and single player offerings. I was jonesing, so I figured an extra six bucks to play it early was worth it.

Companies really are on to something with this early content overcharge. A new way to exploit human vulnerabilities. I'm slightly embarrassed to give into it, but happy to have a new game capture me as I haven't played anything since I put down Rainbow Six Siege a couple of months ago.

2. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 14:45 Wallshadows

I think I'll wait until Christmas before buying the game. By then, any near mandatory DLC which will inevitably happen should be on sale and any bugs/hacks which make it in to the game should be long squished.

Hopefully.... maybe....

I'll get Deathwing in November to hold me over.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >