Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Westworld is dominating my thinking about the new television series, but I want to mention the other new show that's a new favorite around here. It's a half-hour sitcom from ABC called Speechless about a family with a special needs kid. The actor playing the kid actually has CP along with a world of charm. We have an affection for subversive comedies in the BlueTower, and this one has the right stuff.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Traffic Collision 2.
Science: Comet impact 'linked' to rise of mammals.
Media: Great White Shark Cage Breach Accident.
Honest Political Ads - You're F*cked.
Norm Macdonald Is Married To A Real Battle-Axe.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2016, 14:34 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 14:31:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 23:57:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:25:
Why do I keep defaulting to Legend of Kyrandia whenever Westwood comes to mind?
It's probably not his fault, Blue whipped out his wood first, last week! Giggle

Wait. What? Square
Iirc, last week Blue posted Westwood, instead of Westworld. A couple of Woody jokes followed, not only because of WestWood/WestWorld but ERW (Evan Rachel Wood), too. Highfive

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 14:31 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 23:57:

Wait. What? Square

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 11:11 RedEye9

mch wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 15:07:
If anyone has Cinemax, I highly recommend checking out Quarry. Great show.
Yep, they knocked this one out of the park.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 23:57 Acleacius

Brazor wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:04:
Westworld is dominating my thinking about the new television series,

I read that as Westwood instead of Westworld. My first thought was "Why are they making a Command and Conquer TV show?"

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 23:41 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 21:24:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:26:
Westworld spoilers here too, major from the first episode, final minutes...
I thought the tell was when she spoiler killed a living thing, /end spoiler they ain't supposed to do that.....
Right, did I phrase it incorrectly? She....lied to cover up, that she's now conscious (and technically conscience, too). In case you don't have it to see again...Stubbs asks her if she would hurt a living thing. She says "of course not", then in the last second cracks a little smirk with her right (looking at her) corner of her lips. This was after being stone still for more than a minute. It's why I ask if anyone else has seen it. The little twitch of her lips/smile at the last second. I didn't know she would kill the fly but I knew she lied.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 23:09 Retired

Mafia 3 issue: Cam doesn't stick when driving. Resets like a crappy 80s driving game.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 21:24 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:26:
I thought the tell was when she spoiler killed a living thing, /end spoiler they ain't supposed to do that.

Getting Quarry, thanks for the recommendation.
Liking Atlanta by Donald Glover a lot.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 17:26 Acleacius

Still haven't seen any threads or reviews mentioning ERW's Dolores, right hand corner of her mouth. After the final question from Stubbs, before cutting to Peter's nasal reset. Dolores clearly did that on purpose. She sat there with near complete motionless facial expression...then boom. She is the first to intentionally fail Turnings. Not to mention she didn't directly answer his question yes or no. She said, "of course not". It's something a human would say out of empathy, not what someone would say in an interrogation. Stubbs even noticed that it was strange, just not the implication.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 15:07 mch

If anyone has Cinemax, I highly recommend checking out Quarry. Great show.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 15:00 Cutter

Yeah, I LMFAO during the Zamboni scene in Deadpool as did every other Canuck or American growing up in the hockey belt.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 14:41 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 11:14:
El Pit wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 10:50:
May I be the one to dramatically lower the intellectual level? I absolutely love Ash vs. Evil Dead. Childish, totally over the top, hilarious, going beyond everything that is decent, and with only one goal: to make you laugh your ass off while shaking your head in denial of what you have just watched.

I felt like Deadpool tried too hard to shock. Yet, I found Ash vs Evil Dead's butt scene last week hysterical.
There's good lowered intellectual level and bad, and AvED is good to me.
Well that's like yuor opinion man.

Deadpool was the hardest I laughed in the theater in a decade.

Stay a while, and listen.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 14:19 Burrito of Peace

Westworld is awesome. Michael Wincott's cameo in the first episode was great.

Here there be spoilers:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Anthony's Hopkins character is a lot like Tyrell's from Blade Runner. He wants to create artificial persons that are as human, if not more so, as the real thing. You have Westworld's reveries and BR's implanted memories. You have Abernathy questioning his existence. You have guests of the park constantly remarking how difficult it is to tell the "hosts" from real people. I'm wondering if the end game is for Dolores to go out in to the real world and pass as a human, Pygmalion style.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 13:25 Kxmode

Brazor wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:04:

I read that as Westwood instead of Westworld. My first thought was "Why are they making a Command and Conquer TV show?"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 13:04 Brazor

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 11:42 The Half Elf

Is Norm starting to "fade away". His appearance feels very prepaired almost in the way that Betty White makes apperances these days.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 11:26 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 11:14:
I felt like Deadpool tried too hard to shock. Yet, I found Ash vs Evil Dead's butt scene last week hysterical.
Deadpool rocked the box office and stroked my funny bone. If I was stranded on a deserted island it would rank above AvED in my survival bag. Luckily there is room for both.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 11:14 Beamer

May I be the one to dramatically lower the intellectual level? I absolutely love Ash vs. Evil Dead. Childish, totally over the top, hilarious, going beyond everything that is decent, and with only one goal: to make you laugh your ass off while shaking your head in denial of what you have just watched.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 11:05 nin

Great White Shark Cage Breach Accident.

Reminds me of the old Far Side cartoon...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 10:54  Blue 

Yeah, this came up a few times last year. Both Ash vs. Evil Dead and Blunt Talk are amazing. Starz is killing it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 10:52 nin

Heard it's already been greenlit for a 3rd season...

Speaking of, a little surprised HBO hasn't made Westworld season 2 official yet, as it seems like a no brainer, and in the past they've done that with shows...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo