Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

It was 20 years ago today that Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play. It was also the day this site moved to the domain bluesnews.com, so on some level it's the 20th anniversary of Blue's News, the website formerly known as blue's Quake Rag. Whether you are a veteran who's been here most of that time, or a relative newcomer, thank you for the support. Also, thanks to those of you who send in links to news stories and other tidbits. Here's hoping the next 20 years are just as much fun!

Two Decades of Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Flatwoods.
Story: Bald eagle rescued from car grill.
Media: John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017 Movie) Official Teaser Trailer.
Epic NPC Man - Complete First Season
Casually Explained: Ordering Coffee.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 23:05 RoboNerd

Well done Mr. Blue, well done indeed. Computer  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement Oct 9, 2016, 22:50 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:50:
Let me trade in my 970 for a 1070

Haha, right on

28. Re: GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement Oct 9, 2016, 22:50 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:43:
jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:47:
I got an email yesterday about the GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement. I almost deleted it thinking it was spam. I'm surprised it didn't get auto flagged as spam since the title, sender and from email all look fishy, but it's the real deal.

I don't know if I'm going to file a claim. It's $30 in my pocket, but it doesn't feel right since I bought a 970 already knowing about the memory deal. I only skimmed the site to see if I could find out what happens to unclaimed funds from the settlement, but didn't see it. If unclaimed funds are just going to go to lawyers, I'll take my $30. If it goes back to Nvidia or a charity, I may just opt out.

Get your money, dude. There is no limit to the damages, so there's no fund that's been "set aside" for this. If you don't claim your $30, Nvidia simply keeps it.

I admit I was a bit skeptic at first about the legitimacy of this, but I've put in my claim. Fuck 'em. Stop lying in your fucking advertising.

Let me trade in my 970 for a 1070

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

27. Re: GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement Oct 9, 2016, 22:43 Creston

I got an email yesterday about the GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement. I almost deleted it thinking it was spam. I'm surprised it didn't get auto flagged as spam since the title, sender and from email all look fishy, but it's the real deal.

I don't know if I'm going to file a claim. It's $30 in my pocket, but it doesn't feel right since I bought a 970 already knowing about the memory deal. I only skimmed the site to see if I could find out what happens to unclaimed funds from the settlement, but didn't see it. If unclaimed funds are just going to go to lawyers, I'll take my $30. If it goes back to Nvidia or a charity, I may just opt out.

Get your money, dude. There is no limit to the damages, so there's no fund that's been "set aside" for this. If you don't claim your $30, Nvidia simply keeps it.

I admit I was a bit skeptic at first about the legitimacy of this, but I've put in my claim. Fuck 'em. Stop lying in your fucking advertising.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:26 Creston

Happy Anniversary, Blue!

In what's sure to provide many more lulz tomorrow, Star Citizen announced that Squadron 42 has been delayed.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2016, 22:50.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:21 Hanover

Happy Anniversary and thank you for being the best site on the web Blue!  

24. Pres. Debate..... Oct 9, 2016, 22:11 The Half Elf

I have a joke about how I can be the biggest 4 year old you've ever met..... but watching the debate.. there is someone bigger then me (and not in a good way).  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:04 DrSquick

Congrats Blue! This is definitely the first site I remember visiting on dial-up, and it is still the only site I visit 100% of days. I love both the gaming info and the techy info.

I really hope this site provides plenty of money to let you live a comfortable life, and that you still enjoy doing it. It is absolutely the most important website to me!

22. 20 years? Oct 9, 2016, 20:04 Ant

Dang! How old was Quake Rag?  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 19:44 Reactor

Blues is the best gaming site on the web and my daily visit. I have no idea how long I've been reading it, but it's been a long while! Congrats, and thankyou for keeping it going!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 19:36 WaltC

Congrats, Blue!...btw, the Sergeant Pepper album was released in 1967...;) Darn near *50* years ago! Aggggh! I remember buying the thing on vinyl...;) Of course, I am sure I have missed the actual intent of your comment here...!...but as I am almost doddering I ask your forbearance.

My how time flies when you're having fun, right? Hope to be around for the next 20...! Keep up the great work!

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 19:29 LittleMe

Cake Cake Cake

Congratulations and thank you very much Blue!!! Please keep doing it.

Cake Cake Cake

Perpetual debt is slavery.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 18:15 Quboid

20 years, wooo!

Party Cake Party

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:49 whitelined

Well done on 20. I started reading about 1998, on dial up, and it's still the best game/tech site on the internet.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:48 The Half Elf

Congrats Blue.

And still we didn't get a invite for a 20 year reunion at Manstovia.

And as a guy who can't cook I was eye'ing some steaks last night at the grocery and wished you lived closer

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:16 Cutter

Gratz Blue.

Go Packers.

Go Neo.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:06 mysterydip

Congrats, Blue! While I only just registered recently, I've been a lurker for ~8 years now. It's the first bookmark on my mobile browser and a great read through the day when I get a break  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:04 Kosumo

Cake

Well done Blue.

Good to see that there are new people signing up and posting comments as well.

Cheers all, here is to much more. Beer Drinkers Cthulhu Cheers

12. Re: GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement Oct 9, 2016, 17:03 RedEye9

Take the money and give it to the charity of your choice, or your pocket.

Happy Anniversary Bluesnews

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 16:36 Pigeon

Thanks for making an awesome site. I honestly can't think of any other site I have visited more regularly for the last 13+ years than here.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2016, 17:16.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo