Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Game Reviews

Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review?

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 7, 2016, 10:51 NetHead

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 05:21:
NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:11:
I'm not playing anything with a fucking 30 FPS limit now that I have a 144hz screen.

Hahaha! I feel you. Usually, it's a simple game file override. It's like the developers "forget" to uncheck a box. Opening the game.ini it's right there to change. Annoying, but I guess PC people are so smart they know to do this?

Edit: This is a blanket statement, so I could be wrong. However, I have dealt with many games with this issue as such.

Many times that is the case, though sometimes a game is a technical monstrosity where it uses the frame rate to determine/sync things like the physics or game speed itself (framerate essentially becomes the passage of time), or more. When raising the framerate in those instances it could make the game go faster or have a world with broken cartoon physics.

It's one of the reasons these kinds of things should be sorted early when making the tech (nevermind the game), fixing or changing it later could be a pain and have knock on effects causing more work to be redone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 7, 2016, 07:07 heroin

I watched Angry Joe playing some Mafia 3 and it looked really terrible, lol.

Which is even more hilarious because the first two were really great games. Oh well, I feel like I've spent so much damn money on games this year already.

11. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 7, 2016, 05:21 Vall Forran

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:11:
I'm not playing anything with a fucking 30 FPS limit now that I have a 144hz screen.

Hahaha! I feel you. Usually, it's a simple game file override. It's like the developers "forget" to uncheck a box. Opening the game.ini it's right there to change. Annoying, but I guess PC people are so smart they know to do this?

Edit: This is a blanket statement, so I could be wrong. However, I have dealt with many games with this issue as such.

10. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 7, 2016, 01:11 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

9. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 6, 2016, 21:03 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 20:45:
Polygon was informed via a phone call from a 2K representative yesterday evening that 2K Games has decided not make the game available to press from any outlet prior to its release

And that right there is the reddest red flag a game can throw up.

This quite literally means they fully expect bad reviews.

And now the 30 FPS limit. This isn't looking good.

8. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 6, 2016, 20:45 eRe4s3r

Polygon was informed via a phone call from a 2K representative yesterday evening that 2K Games has decided not make the game available to press from any outlet prior to its release

And that right there is the reddest red flag a game can throw up.

This quite literally means they fully expect bad reviews.

7. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 16:39 Creston

Quboid wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:54:
Quboid wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:16:
Has anyone finished SpeedIN’ USB 3.0 S600 256GB Flash Drive? The last boss is hard

Aww Blue, you're no fun!

I chuckled.

6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 16:38 Creston

More importantly: Where is anyone who cares?

5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 16:08 DangerDog

Mafia 3 looks like trash on so many levels.  

4. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 6, 2016, 13:41 NamecaF

Never a good sign. IGN said exactly the same thing earlier this week. I know its definitely not going to be worth the buy unless its on sale for like $15.  

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 11:54 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:16:
Has anyone finished SpeedIN’ USB 3.0 S600 256GB Flash Drive? The last boss is hard

Aww Blue, you're no fun!

2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 11:51 MacLeod

310 word article to say "they weren't offering review copies." (Well, they were, but since they'd only unlock a day before release, Polygon decided to be salty and stomp off mumbling something about buying their own copy.)  

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 11:16 Quboid

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >