Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Trailer

This trailer highlights the single-player campaign in Battlefield 1, DICE's upcoming World War I shooter. The clip offers over 16 minutes of gameplay and cinematics. This appears to be an official release with EA logos and such, but we don't see where it was released, so this may be a leak. The clip shows the operation of various weapons and tanks and shows a personalized death memorial for each time the character you're controlling dies. Thanks Slick.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: bots Oct 4, 2016, 01:35 Slick

I fully understand the reason to just want something casual, and not want to server-surf until you find one where your team is superior to the other, so it feels casual to you.

BUT, and it's a BIG BUTT.

The kinds of tactics and skills that you acquire by playing against bots does NOT TRANSFER to live-server scenarios. You're only learning how to play against bots better. You're NOT going to get better at playing against humans by playing against bots. It's literally forcing you to play a certain way, which gets you nowhere playing against real people. I'd even go as far as to say that it's detrimental to your growth as an FPS player, as you're learning bad habits that are not easily broken down the line.

Going 99-10 Like I did yesterday, that score would not have happened if I was playing it like I was going against bots. Infact I can't get scores anywhere near that high playing against bots, without COMPLETELY changing my playstyle, which for me is boring.

Not to mention you don't LEARN anything from bots, whereas if you have an open mind and don't mind dying, you can learn a LOT from playing against humans. It's actually the fastest way to get better at a game.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: bots Oct 4, 2016, 01:20 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 22:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 16:53:
I tried a couple, the bots are borderline retarded about the objectives.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

ugh, I think they're full-retard about objectives, but full-terminator when it comes to destroying me. I can't get to any good powerups without slooowly chewing through their entire team, there's no going behind enemy lines, or trying to be sneaky with those bots, they all just aimbot me into oblivion.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

20. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 22:47 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 16:53:
I tried a couple, the bots are borderline retarded about the objectives.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 12:10:
Yeah they do have bot matches skirmish mode now, completely offline against bots. 32v32 iirc
Hopefully BF1 will do the same. It's a great way to learn the maps and have some "stress free" mp games.
One of the reasons I fire up CoD every now and then and play against the bots.

Well you are partially right, I went back and checked; there are skirmish options for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron at least. None for the more 'Battlefield Style' modes like Supremacy though. Still, you can get the larger battles in those two modes. I tried a couple, the bots are borderline retarded about the objectives.

18. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 14:53 jdreyer

sauron wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 09:49:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 01:07:
nin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 14:25:
If they had bots for multi, I'd lock this down in a heartbeat. As it is, I guess I'm waiting for a price for the SP campaign.

This. And I know we're not the only ones. BF forums have many threads requesting this.

Same here. I really liked BF1942 bots, and used them to learn the ropes before jumping on the MP servers.

I did have a TON of fun in pub matches but sometimes it's good to just kick back, dial down the settings and use a botmatch to figure out all the details of a map.
You need to get the AIX 2.0 mod for Battlefield 2. It's the '42 experience times ten.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 12:10 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 12:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:31:
I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.
They have bot matches in Battlefront

They have the coop survival modes, and scripted missions, but no all out match bots, as far as I can recall. I have like 6 hours into Battlefront though, so I may be wrong.
Yeah they do have bot matches skirmish mode now, completely offline against bots. 32v32 iirc
Hopefully BF1 will do the same. It's a great way to learn the maps and have some "stress free" mp games.
One of the reasons I fire up CoD every now and then and play against the bots.

Steam: SpectralMeat

16. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:58:
I don't think they've had Bots in a Battlefield game since... BF1942? Maybe one or two after that? It's been awhile anyway.

They have the coop survival modes, and scripted missions, but no all out match bots, as far as I can recall. I have like 6 hours into Battlefront though, so I may be wrong.

15. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 10:58 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: bots Oct 3, 2016, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

I think EA/DICE is committed to NOT going back to early Battlefield bot matches... they are far more interested in coercing/forcing (depending on your point of view) people into online multiplayer.

Just find an empty server, try driving tanks / flying planes/ riding horses etc. then jump on a populated server when you're ready. BF4 had a test range for checking gun patterns, they might do that here also.

If you vehemently against live multiplayer, then BF1 may not be for you, at least at release day retail price. The single player campaign will probably be very beautiful and extremely short, and never touched again by the vast majority of BF1 players. There will probably be BF4/SW:BF style coop missions, but even those get old real quick. The only longevity to this game will come from fun, mostly balanced, and hopefully deep multiplayer vs live opponents.

13. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 09:49 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 01:07:
If they had bots for multi, I'd lock this down in a heartbeat. As it is, I guess I'm waiting for a price for the SP campaign.

This. And I know we're not the only ones. BF forums have many threads requesting this.

Same here. I really liked BF1942 bots, and used them to learn the ropes before jumping on the MP servers.

I did have a TON of fun in pub matches but sometimes it's good to just kick back, dial down the settings and use a botmatch to figure out all the details of a map.

Kittens!

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 01:07 jdreyer

11. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 00:43 Slick

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 23:21:
BF1 seems like it fits somewhere between Star Wars Battlefront (tailored for those new to shooters) and BF4 (the full BF experience). I don't know if that is a winning formula for me yet or not. It was too hard to tell really with a one map beta.

Really don't understand this argument.

No lock-on weapons, guns have more recoil, it takes teamwork to take out armor...

How exactly is this more accessible like Battlefront? It's less accessible than BF4...

Battlefront has near-instant health regen, no ammo, no medpacks, no reviving, no squads, perfect accuracy without ADS, there's literally nintendo-like powerup coins floating across the level, no commanders, no 64-man servers, no vehicle repair...

So please, elaborate on the comparison. I can't for the life of me see how BF1 is in any way tailored to those new to shooters. Hell, there's a learning curve for those that have been playing Battlefield games for the last decade! lol.

Literally the only one I can fathom is that the cliffs of the desert map in the BF1 beta "look" similar to the quality of the cliffs in the Tatooine small-map in Battlefront.

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 23:49 christheshitter

The twelve-year old in me needs this now! DICE never disappoints!  

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 23:21 RaZ0r!

BF1 seems like it fits somewhere between Star Wars Battlefront (tailored for those new to shooters) and BF4 (the full BF experience). I don't know if that is a winning formula for me yet or not. It was too hard to tell really with a one map beta.  

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 17:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:22:
I continue to be stupidly excited for this. Between the amazing trailers, the fun beta and my love for the subject matter this is hitting all the right buttons. It feels like the change in time period back to the older style of warfare like in 1942 has given the devs a new wind.

Mostly the same, although I have no particular interest in WW1 as a game setting, the beta was a lot of fun, and it seems like DICE is interested in what they can do in this game. As always their trailers are ridiculously good. I got the standard edition so far(thanks for that link to the gmg discount, DangerDog!) although I'll probably give in and buy the Premium Pass near release.

All that said, I'm not going to watch this entire trailer. Watched about a minute, seems like it's from the campaign, stopped to avoid spoilers.

7. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 16:59 Turd Ferguson

Aye same here, however there is still one thing that keeps bothering me, it was bad in beta and also was awful in SW:battlefront, mainly gun handling? Wtf happen there???

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2016, 16:46 Task

Meh, SP doesn't look that good. Still waiting if they provide a "story" from all sides.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 15:22 NegaDeath

I continue to be stupidly excited for this. Between the amazing trailers, the fun beta and my love for the subject matter this is hitting all the right buttons. It feels like the change in time period back to the older style of warfare like in 1942 has given the devs a new wind.  

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 15:22 Retired

Tired of getting burned by $90.00+ games. Pass. The last few I bought for $5.00 each. I will wait for that.  

3. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Oct 2, 2016, 14:25 nin

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >