Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dungeons & Darkness Released

Dungeons & Darkness is now available, offering a first-person RPG for Windows based on classics of the genre. As the title implies, this involves the exploration of dungeons where no one's been paying the electric bill. You can see some gameplay and those shadowy environments in this trailer. You can pick the game up on Playism and Steam, and each site also offers a playable demo for you to sample. Here's word on the game:
Enter unforgiving dungeons where many adventurers have me their own demise.

A first-person exploration and action RPG game where you make your way through monster and trap infested dungeons. Uncover chests containing powerful items, and journey onwards to slay the great evil that is rumored to lurk deep in the shadows.

Based on classic dungeon RPGs, Dungeons & Darkness takes the genre to a new level. By including aspects like real time action, which was difficult to achieve with hardware from the previous generation, a new type of dungeon adventure awaits.

View

13. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 18:17 EUTHANIZE

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 16:22:
What if flabbergasting is there isn't a great real-time simulated dungeon crawler game, let alone a lot of them to choose from, let alone having a coop team. Who woulda thought this wouldn't have been a thing? Real-time, first person, team based DnD experience. It seemed to me video games was made for this. This should be a well represented genre.

I've felt the same way for years. It really is an untapped genre.

I did find an early release title called Kings & Heroes which really scratches the FPS/coop/dungeon crawl itch:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/436560

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 30, 10:46 Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Pr()ZaC
  7. Sep 30, 13:46  Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Darks
  9. Sep 30, 13:56  Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sempai
  10. Sep 30, 14:36   Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Pr()ZaC
  11. Sep 30, 14:38    Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Pr()ZaC
  2. Sep 30, 11:14 Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released JTW
  3. Sep 30, 11:28 Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Cutter
  4. Sep 30, 12:56 Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Gadzooks
  5. Sep 30, 13:17  Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Spektr