Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dungeons & Darkness Released

Dungeons & Darkness is now available, offering a first-person RPG for Windows based on classics of the genre. As the title implies, this involves the exploration of dungeons where no one's been paying the electric bill. You can see some gameplay and those shadowy environments in this trailer. You can pick the game up on Playism and Steam, and each site also offers a playable demo for you to sample. Here's word on the game:
Enter unforgiving dungeons where many adventurers have me their own demise.

A first-person exploration and action RPG game where you make your way through monster and trap infested dungeons. Uncover chests containing powerful items, and journey onwards to slay the great evil that is rumored to lurk deep in the shadows.

Based on classic dungeon RPGs, Dungeons & Darkness takes the genre to a new level. By including aspects like real time action, which was difficult to achieve with hardware from the previous generation, a new type of dungeon adventure awaits.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 18:31 HorrorScope

EUTHANIZE wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 18:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 16:22:
What if flabbergasting is there isn't a great real-time simulated dungeon crawler game, let alone a lot of them to choose from, let alone having a coop team. Who woulda thought this wouldn't have been a thing? Real-time, first person, team based DnD experience. It seemed to me video games was made for this. This should be a well represented genre.

I've felt the same way for years. It really is an untapped genre.

I did find an early release title called Kings & Heroes which really scratches the FPS/coop/dungeon crawl itch:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/436560

Thanks for reminding me, have it on wishlist, being EA I was letting it bake. Will update myself on where this is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 18:17 EUTHANIZE

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 16:22:
What if flabbergasting is there isn't a great real-time simulated dungeon crawler game, let alone a lot of them to choose from, let alone having a coop team. Who woulda thought this wouldn't have been a thing? Real-time, first person, team based DnD experience. It seemed to me video games was made for this. This should be a well represented genre.

I've felt the same way for years. It really is an untapped genre.

I did find an early release title called Kings & Heroes which really scratches the FPS/coop/dungeon crawl itch:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/436560

12. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 16:22 HorrorScope

11. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 14:38 Pr()ZaC

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 14:36:
Sempai wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 13:56:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:46:
Seems a little crude...

And a bit 1994.

Darks wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 13:46:
LOL thats putting it politely, I was about to be a bit more vulgar. like it looks like shit.
'94 Crude, POS Edition.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2016, 15:19.

10. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 14:36 Pr()ZaC

Double post

9. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:56 Sempai

Seems a little crude...

And a bit 1994.

8. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:46 Solemn-Philosopher

I like my dungeon crawlers and I was excited seeing the title. It was short-lived however. Isn't a trailer suppose to entice you to buy a game? This did the opposite. Is it just a long hallway of crippled monsters?  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

7. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:46 Darks

Seems a little crude...

LOL thats putting it politely, I was about to be a bit more vulgar. like it looks like shit.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:19 Spektr

Wondering what this real time action that supposedly was not possible to achieve in previous generation is about though ?  

5. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:17 Spektr

Lol I thought it was a kickstarter preview video  

4. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 12:56 Gadzooks

I guess thats one way to hide awful graphics, animations, controls and gameplay.

Simply remove 90% of the games light sources and add "darkness" to the games name.

3. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 11:28 Cutter

Sigh, Steam and its fucking shovelware.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 11:14 JTW

Maybe, but it is also $10 new. The controls do look a little irritating, though.  

1. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 10:46 Pr()ZaC

Seems a little crude...  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >