Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Titanfall 2 4K Trailer

Following up on the release of system specs for Titanfall 2, the GeForce website has an article repeating those recommendations along with a new trailer. The new video includes the first look at the shooter sequel in 4K resolution running at 60 frames-per-second. Otherwise the article stresses the benefits of NVIDIA graphics cards and says to drink more Ovaltine. The release of Titanfall 2 is expected one month from today.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 29, 2016, 00:14 Slick

Sick video, such great movement, looks like they smoothed a few of the rough edges when transitioning between the different moves.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 22:38 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 22:11:
Jackplug wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 19:31:
its a game that allows bunny hopping, all that bouncing around will make the hares on the back of your neck stand up.

That's actually a "feature" of the game that allows fast movement across the map, it's a throwback to skiing in Tribes. You can some skiing action in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67siZmYxfwE

Nah it's a throwback to Brink

9. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 22:11 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 19:31:
its a game that allows bunny hopping, all that bouncing around will make the hares on the back of your neck stand up.

That's actually a "feature" of the game that allows fast movement across the map, it's a throwback to skiing in Tribes. You can some skiing action in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67siZmYxfwE

8. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Titanfall 2 looks pretty fun, if I wasn't going to be doing BF1 multiplayer I'd think about getting into this. TTK seems quite low though, I can't see the T2 playerbase sticking around much longer than the Titanfall 1 player base did.

7. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 20:08 bigspender

It looks nice, but there is way too much shit all over the screen - UI overload.  

6. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 19:31 Jackplug

5. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 18:06 Slick

Leper wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 16:40:
I'm still a bit confused why EA gave them the greenlight to make Titanfall 2, I know the first one was a financial success but that was because on xbox one the selection of games was rather thin. This looks pretty but where is the physics and destruction? Large stompy robot can't even move a shipping crate or down a tree.

I imagine it's cheaper to make a sequel using an existing engine, tweaking assets and adding some features, then to create a new IP. They may have also started working on 2 before 1 was complete which makes it more of a decision to cancel than to greenlight. Like most every company, they want to turn this into a CoD franchise where each iteration has great profit margins.

"like every company they want to turn it into a CoD franchise" I think you just mean "franchise". You know there's been more than one Super Mario game too...

And games don't have to introduce a new engine with every iteration, that's preposterous. You know how many games are made on the Unreal Engine? It's like building a whole new manufacturing line warehouse for every new product you make, instead of just using the one you've already built.

In no place is this a "standard".

Also you're using the term "IP" wrong. Intellectual Property is the franchise. It doesn't matter what iterations the engine go through, that has nothing to do with IP. You could make a new IP using the same engine.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

4. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 18:01 Slick

Isn't Titanfall made in Source? I don't think it will be that hard to achieve 4k/60fps resolutions. I mean just look at the game, it looks very 2006.

But the movement just draws me in, I really don't know why there aren't more games like this. Movement is everything.

But yeah, visually not impressive at all, colour palette is drab and uninspired, textures aren't anything special. No there's no destruction etc. but that's okay, that's not what the game is about. When it comes to FPS mechanics Titanfall has a leg to stand on. Visually though? pretty dated.

3. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 16:40 Leper

I'm still a bit confused why EA gave them the greenlight to make Titanfall 2, I know the first one was a financial success but that was because on xbox one the selection of games was rather thin. This looks pretty but where is the physics and destruction? Large stompy robot can't even move a shipping crate or down a tree.

I imagine it's cheaper to make a sequel using an existing engine, tweaking assets and adding some features, then to create a new IP. They may have also started working on 2 before 1 was complete which makes it more of a decision to cancel than to greenlight. Like most every company, they want to turn this into a CoD franchise where each iteration has great profit margins.

2. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 16:38 nin

DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 16:12:
I'm still a bit confused why EA gave them the greenlight to make Titanfall 2

The same reason we're getting a watchdogs sequel - when they dump a ton of money into a new IP, they're going to go their best to get it back, across sequels.

1. Re: Titanfall 2 4K Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 16:12 DangerDog

On PC there was a min-surge of people initially but once the glitz quickly wore off it was abandoned by the players.

I've also read that the netcode is 30hz which is pretty bad for a twitch game like this, BF1 is using 60hz and so is Overwatch.

As for 4k, boy I wish it were ready for prime time but it's not. You need a $700 graphics card to run 4k at 60hz and in most games you need to adjust your settings to medium. Even with two $700 graphics cards there's no guarantee because SLI support is sketchy most of the time.

40" is the sweet spot for 4k and you don't have any affordable options for monitors. Those korean ebay deals are too risky, I did it for a 1440p monitor and got lucky with getting one with no defects but the 4k monitors seem to be a big gamble with the outcome being stuck with a $500 - $600 piece of garbage. UHD TV's have too high response time, the best being around 20ms range but you have to lower the picture quality to get that.

edit: actually I guess they are using 60hz update in the netcode for Titanfall 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQx3b9iGhg

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 17:02.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >