Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

More GOG.com Connect

GOG.com announces they are currently running a back-to-school sale on their game store (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun via nin). They also announce another 17 games are part of their GOG.com Connect programs that offers DRM-free editions of some games in your Steam library. They don't list all 17. Here's word:

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of GOG Connect was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 08:57 Burrito of Peace

The more I see of GoG, the more I am impressed. I think in the future that when I am looking to purchase a title, I'll look on GoG first. I initially only used them to play some of my favorite games from yesteryear.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 07:51 Retired

Cool. Always happy to add games to other platforms for free.  

12. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 06:18 yuastnav

Sacrifex wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:48:
Odd - I own Shadow Warrior (2013), but, it does not come up as an eligible title. It did find a few others, so I'm guessing it's just buggy.

Same issue here. I've contacted GOG and am waiting for their reply.

11. No subject Sep 27, 2016, 03:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Peter M. Smith wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 10:40:
It's a great idea, but it looks like GoG Connect doesn't cover DLC. I bought into the Founder's Edition for Galactic Civilization III. At Steam I have the game and all DLC. At GoG I have the base game.
Contact GoG first they'll fix it up for you, if they can't contact Stardock and they'll likely send you a code for it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 00:49 Dev

Complete list on this page:
https://www.gog.com/connect

Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013

and
X-Gold
Balders gate enhanced
AI war fleet command
ziggurat
masterplan
incred avent Van Helsing final cut
Teslagrad
OlliOlli
The last federation
hot tin roof cat wore a fedora
Cossacks anthology
two worlds epic edition

9. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 16:27 Shok

killer_roach wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 14:57:
It's a great idea, but it looks like GoG Connect doesn't cover DLC. I bought into the Founder's Edition for Galactic Civilization III. At Steam I have the game and all DLC. At GoG I have the base game.

Same with my Steam copy of AI War.

This batch added seven games for me - X Gold, Shadow Warrior, OlliOlli, The Masterplan, Ziggurat, AI War, and Teslagrad.

AI War has always been DRM free anyway; you never needed Steam to launch it or it's DLC's. You just had to register the serial numbers of the DLC in the main game w/ or w/o Steam.

8. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 16:00 Keilun

Sacrifex wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:48:
Odd - I own Shadow Warrior (2013), but, it does not come up as an eligible title. It did find a few others, so I'm guessing it's just buggy.

Yeah it didn't find my Hotline Miami nor AI War titles. I sent in a ticket and I got a prompt response indicating that they're aware of the issue but fixing it requires addressing the accounts individually so it would take 1-2 days to complete.

They said that if it's still not showing as eligible in 2 days, file another ticket.

7. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 15:48 Sacrifex

6. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 14:57 killer_roach

Same with my Steam copy of AI War.

This batch added seven games for me - X Gold, Shadow Warrior, OlliOlli, The Masterplan, Ziggurat, AI War, and Teslagrad.

5. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 13:04 Dentorro

Same as last time, don't own any of the games so not interested.  

4. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 12:43 Acleacius

Just wondering since I haven't joined Connect, yet.

Once you join Connect, you can get the new games in each of these Events? Secondly, GOG is doing this to have access to our Steam game list or something else?

Edit: Wait, do we have to own these games already on Steam before they are free on GOG? Confused

Uggh, nevermind...this is what I get for trying to read with 2 hours sleep!

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2016, 13:20.

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

3. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 12:39 El Pit

Jivaro wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 11:34:
free stuff taken and appreciated.

Same here! Thanks, GOG!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

2. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 11:34 Jivaro

free stuff taken and appreciated.  

1. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 10:40 Peter M. Smith

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo