Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Watch Dogs 2 Trailers

This video from Watch Dogs 2 lists 10 ways the sequel will improve upon the original. On that topic, another new trailer takes a look at the story in the upcoming snoopy, hacking sequel. The UbiBlog has details on what we're seeing here:
So far, we’ve learned a few key things about Marcus Holloway, protagonist of Watch Dogs 2 and member of hacker collective DedSec. We know he and his buddies are idealistic activists, dead-set against the use of technology as a method of corporate surveillance and control. But who, exactly, is grabbing for that control? In the new story trailer, we’re introduced to Blume CTO Dusan Nemec, an ambitious yoga enthusiast who views DedSec as a serious threat. We also get our first real look at DedSec members Horatio and Josh, and a confirmed appearance by someone very familiar to fans of the first Watch Dogs.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 25, 2016, 10:51  The Half Elf 

But if the driving mechanics suck ass, then you dread getting from point A to point B.

But the voice over is ass puckering cringe worthy. "Every vehicle has a turbo boost" WTF? Bad enough you have the VW Vans remote controllable, but they also have fucking Turbo?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 19:14 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:26:
"Watch Dogs 2's driving mechanics have been completely overhauled with highly responsive skid-resistance rides that turn and accelerate quickly, and hug the road even at high speeds."

FUCKING GARBAGE.

Been playing the GTA V Redux mod a lot in the last few days, the driving is soooo perfect, cars have weight, and power, and you actually have to control the damn thing, you can't do a 90 degree turn at full speed. I like driving games that give you more power than you need, so you're forced to control it. It's called "satisfying driving mechanics".

This sounds like they're just trying to emulate trackmania, smash the accelerator to the floor 24/7, and you're good!

Ugh, I hope it's not as bad as this guy's making it sound, but it's literally the exact opposite of what many consider to be "good" driving controls.

Most players don't want a realistic driving sim in their open-world action games. Driving isn't the focus of these games. It's simply a means of getting from point A to point B.

5. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 12:46 GinRummy

That looked pretty good, lots of stuff to interact with and do. Despite what the video narrator says about driving, if you watch the cars they do slide and drift turning corners, looks like. That sailboat seemed to have turbo acceleration, though.  

4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 06:30 shiho

I will buy this game in hopes that it places a hobo at every Walgreens, Safeway, bus stop, street corner and parking meter, so I can laud the accuracy with which it simulates my city.  

3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 04:06 Nuhauser

I dunno what everybody else wants from Watchdogs 2, but I know I wasn't expecting a banjo playing sim. Why are they hyping the "silly"?  

2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 00:44 Creston

Doggies!!!!!

1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 23, 2016, 21:26  Slick 

"Watch Dogs 2's driving mechanics have been completely overhauled with highly responsive skid-resistance rides that turn and accelerate quickly, and hug the road even at high speeds."

FUCKING GARBAGE.

Been playing the GTA V Redux mod a lot in the last few days, the driving is soooo perfect, cars have weight, and power, and you actually have to control the damn thing, you can't do a 90 degree turn at full speed. I like driving games that give you more power than you need, so you're forced to control it. It's called "satisfying driving mechanics".

This sounds like they're just trying to emulate trackmania, smash the accelerator to the floor 24/7, and you're good!

Ugh, I hope it's not as bad as this guy's making it sound, but it's literally the exact opposite of what many consider to be "good" driving controls.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >