Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Titanfall 2 PC Specs

The Titanfall website has minimum, recommended, and ultra system specifications for the PC edition of Titanfall 2 along with more details on the multiplayer mech sequel. The post takes on the disappointment in the absence of a Windows demo for the game with a further discussion of the game's PC support. Here's Word:
Titanfall 2 PC System Requirements

Minimum

OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit
CPU - Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
RAM - 8GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX - 11
Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Recommended

CPU - Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
DirectX - 11

Ultra 4K60

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700k or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
DirectX - 11

So, what does it mean when we say "minimum" or "recommended"? Since this is a variable standard across the entire industry I think it is important for me to detail the kind of experience you can hope to expect. In the past minimum specs were literally the minimum bar to launch the game - your experience once in the game was probably not going to be ideal. Our goal for minimum PC specs on Titanfall 2 is that you can play at a 1600x900 resolution with most details turned on and average around 60fps. We strongly believe that if you at least match the posted requirements you should have an excellent visual and gameplay experience playing the game, so donít be alarmed if you boot it up and donít need to turn all the settings to Low for playable framerates Ė our artists would actually like if you could see their work! Because of this you will probably be able to actually run the game on a lower-than-minimum spec PC, but the quality and performance wonít quite be ideal. For recommended PC specs we're aiming for details nearly maxed out, 1920x1080 resolution (2560x1440 is also very playable), and again an average of 60fps or higher. We chose the minimum specs with 60fps in mind for the pure gameplay benefits you get once at 60fps (and beyond!).
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 24, 2016, 05:11 shiho

Should be available for free to buyers of the first one.

I had more fun piloting a Strogg Titan in Quake Wars than I did with the entirety of Titanfall.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 17:35  Slick 

Game looks 99% the same as the original, which means it looks like a lot of fun, but I bet no one will play it

Was kinda hoping for some better looking graphics, just the texture artists, the overall emotional feel of the levels just seems lacking. That's one area that CoD can actually do really well, they throw a lot of money at their texture artists.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2016, 17:55.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

6. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 15:10 descender

I imagine it's a bit of laziness and a bit of anti-piracy bullshit. Games have and forever will expand to fit their medium regardless of actual need. Games didn't suddenly balloon to 10 times the install size when Blurays were invented, graphics didn't suddenly massively get better when VRAM jumped from 1GB to 4GB to wherever the hell it is now... the developers have simply stopped putting as much care and effort into compressing their source materials.  

5. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 14:47 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:39:
45 GB install size. I guess they zipped up 10% of the audio files. Gotta save those CPU cycles!

Yeah, I wonder if they're using uncompressed audio again, or if the game is just quite a bit bigger this time around. That shit was ridiculous, no one who could run titanfall was on a machine weak enough that it couldn't handle compressed audio. They never went back and offered a compressed version, either, which makes it pretty obvious that they don't give a flying fuck about their PC customers.

4. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 14:39 Creston

45 GB install size. I guess they zipped up 10% of the audio files. Gotta save those CPU cycles!

3. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 13:28  jdreyer 

I forget, are they shipping an offline mode with bots for this game? Was just playing BF2 AIX last night, so fun.  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

2. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 11:57 TangledThorns

Good thing SSD prices are coming down...  

1. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 11:07 Morgan19

Individual localization audio files to reduce download and installation size

PRAISE BE.

...still a little weird, then, that the minimum and recommended install sizes are exactly the same.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >