Shineyguy wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 09:43:
Retired wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 08:08:
Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 07:48:
Anyways, back on track here...
Did anyone else notice that they changed the conquest mode back to kills taking a ticket from the enemy team?
Also they're gimping the armor, and giving support a way to deal with heavy armor.
Sooo basically all the interesting design decisions that I actually enjoyed they're removing.
Just once I'd like to see them actually stick to their guns and release the game THEY designed, not the game designed by the most vocal 1% of users...
I LIKED that vehicles were an actual threat, and that you had to work together as a team to take them down. It was REFRESHING to not have another battlefield where the vehicles weren't just "crawling coffins" or "flying coffins" as my team used to call them...
And The ticket thing, I liked the new system, it made people PTFO, which is getting worse and worse with every wave of players new to the franchise. Oh well, back to everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off I guess...
But it is a pub game, and just like their Star Wars skin game, no one takes down the walkers - so Rebels always lose. Same way with this BETA. You would get in a tank and go 50-1. That isn't a balanced game.
No, the issue is that your team never worked together to take down a tank. 3 infantry focusing a tank could take one out with great ease and efficiency.
So true, 3 was really the magic number. 2 would be able to almost kill a tank, but a skilled tank driver could outlast them indefinitely, 3 however... 3 AT rockets from across the map and you're at 20 veh health, with your tracks disabled in an instant.
It was a beta, no kidding people just didn't know how to play it, just like taking down the walkers in battlefront, same exact thing. I was playing SWBF yesterday (DeathStar...meh) and people are taking down walkers left right and center. It's the same probability of winning by defending as a Battlefield game, about 50/50, entire dependent on the team. aka, business as usual.
BF1 was shaping up to be something cool and unique, and now it's being pressed into the exact same mould as everything else. BEFORE FUCKING RELEASE!!!! ARAGHHH!!! Thats what fucking kills me.
I spent the entire beta in the BF official forums. It was fucking TROLLS, saying how everything needed to be changed, or they weren't going to buy the game. GUESS WHAT DICE!? They're not buying the game in the first place! There was at it's peak 10,000 users in a 24 hour period. The game will sell 10M copies at minimum. WTF ARE YOU DOING listening to literally 1% of your players, and fucking over the other 99%? WHYYYYY.
I should go find some excerpts from the asinine threads that were made, it's so awful, just the worst.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9