Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access

Steam now offers early access to Divinity: Original Sin 2, Larian Studios RPG sequel (thanks Dark). The Divinity website offers an early access launch trailer along with details on what's in the game at this point:
The sequel to Larian Studios' award-winning RPG, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an entirely new experience built upon the next-gen Divinity Engine with up to four-person multiplayer, cooperative and competitive questing, and new combat mechanics including advanced elemental interactions.

Define your own path with an extensive role-playing system inspired by the freedom and immense replay value of tabletop gaming. Create your own character from scratch, or choose one of the specially-crafted Origin Stories with unique quest-lines penned collaboratively by Larian Studiosí writers and Chris Avellone.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Steam Early Access includes:

• Act 1 of the campaign, with approximately 8-12 hours of gameplay.
  • Online co-op for up to four players.
  • Four playable races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Lizard.
  • Four optional Origin Stories with unique quests and interactions.
  • Eight schools of skills and spells.
  • PvP Arena mode with select maps.
  • Additional features and content to be announced throughout development.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is available now on PC (Windows) via Steam Early Access for $44.99 (USD), and will also be coming soon to the GOG.com Games in Development program.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 13:29 sauron

I still have to play the first one, which is next on my list after I finish The Witcher 3 (which is completely awesome!).

So it might take a while to get to the DOS sequel...

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 10:32 HorrorScope

Nimh wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 08:28:
This is a nice surprise. Does anyone know the timeline for the full release?

They haven't said,but using D:OS as an example, I'd guess Spring 2017.

13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 10:27 Angrius Maximis

Got bored with this one fast. Still prefer old Baldurs Gate  

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 09:51 VaranDragon

Nice, didn't even know this was in development! Won't touch the EA, will wait for the full campaign at least though.  

11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 08:28 Nimh

This is a nice surprise. Does anyone know the timeline for the full release?

I had a little trouble in the original finding the right part of the map to be in at the proper level, but other than that I really liked it. The synergy combinations between the different elements was very entertaining. Looking forward to it.

10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 02:55 heroin

I found it really meh to be honest.

Me too. It began with a blast, the mechanics are so awesome. Somewhere between stupid quests / puzzles (long battles also) and lacking personality (though it was definitely trying at least) I became bored and never touched it again. Had played the early access, so that may have been a factor even though the final version was much better than the alpha. Though, I'm a sucker for old school RPGs so I'll probably give this a spin once it's finally released. I wouldn't doubt that they have perfected the formula this time around...

9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 01:35 El Pit

Ravor wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 20:48:
I kickstarted it and have access, but I don't want to ruin it by playing it in early access.

With that being said, if it's anything like Divinity Original Sin, then it'll be amazing. The first one was easily one of the best games I've played.

Same here. I'm excited, but will hold off until it is complete. I will get my EA code, though, and will activate it on Steam. Then I will see the game in my list. Right there. I might click on it. Accidentially. And once it will have installed, I will try to uninstall it, but might accidentially click the "Play" button.

I'm weak.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 01:09 Osc8r

Loved the first one, but waiting till live before i try this one as i don't wait to ruin it.

I just hope they've tweaked the difficulty. The first one was challenging around the starter town then became a piece of piss.

7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 00:29 Steele Johnson

I'll pick this one up when it's finished. Loved the first one!  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:39 eRe4s3r

I admit I will check it out, but unlike I did previously with D:OS 1.. I will NOT be playing it more than once.. that stupidity on my part nearly spoiled the entire final game for me, as ACT 1 was a pretty fucking major part! And doing it 13 times definitely destroyed my good first impression.  

5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:14 Paranoid Jack

I am playing DOS EE now and loving it. I kick started both. Not touching the early access though. I will wait for the completed version. Don't want to spoil it. Looking good so far. If only a few more studios could make RPG games as fun as Larian.  

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:13 Cutter

I kickstarted it and have access, but I don't want to ruin it by playing it in early access.

With that being said, if it's anything like Divinity Original Sin, then it'll be amazing. The first one was easily one of the best games I've played.

I found it really meh to be honest. Which is odd because I loved Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga. I went through this 3 times and just sort meh'd out about halfway through I suppose. I hope this one will be substantially better.

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:11 Ceribaen

Here's a question about D:OS... I started playing it, but lost my free time for a bit and when I regained picked up other games.
One of which being Pillars. I was loving it and working through the story, right up until I hit level cap and still had about 1/3 of the game left. Then it became a slog and I never really got to finishing it. I mean there was still fights that were challenging, but the sheer amount of menial stuff in between was what slowed it down because those never gave any benefit anymore.

Is there a point where you outlevel/stop progressing in D:OS before the end of the story?

Because I feel like that's my biggest trap when it comes to CRPGS anymore. Probably too corrupted by the MMO treadmill, because I don't remember having an issue with it before I got sucked into that world way back with Asheron's Call (and I even managed to finish NWN2, and DA:O when they released!)

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 20:48 Ravor

1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 20:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Please post plenty of NON-SPOILER descriptions of the game, thanks Early Adopters.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >