Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2016, 05:21 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 18:26:
shiho wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 18:02:
Under Trump, Snowden may in fact get a pardon, because it is thanks to him, that we know about the NSA surveillance program being boosted under Obama. Thus, he hurt Obama's "most transparent administration in history", which works for Trump.

Under Trump he might, as they're both best friends with and subservient to Putin.

I kid. No really, that's 100% a joke. And this isn't sarcastic. Dammit, I am struggling to make sure people know I don't mean this.

Russia wasn't Snowden's first choice. That being said, the Russians don't have him in solitary confinement strip searching him daily like Chelsea Manning, so hard to blame him if he's got to cozy up a bit to Putin.

Thing is, even if he got a full pardon and returned, some "patriot" would whack him.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2016, 05:19 jdreyer

Under Trump, Snowden may in fact get a pardon, because it is thanks to him, that we know about the NSA surveillance program being boosted under Obama. Thus, he hurt Obama's "most transparent administration in history", which works for Trump.

LOL. Dude, whatever you're smoking, I want some. That must be some gooooooooood shit.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2016, 05:18 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 17:04:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 13:14:
This is why we need a separate, stand-alone whistleblower department in the government not connected to any existing agency. The reason Snowden fled before releasing the docs, is due to what happened to Bill Binney, Thomas Drake, and other whistleblowers who tried to work within the system. Arrested, spied upon, harassed, fired, etc. etc. in complete violation of existing whistleblower laws.

Yes, that would work for a while, until inevitably corruption sets in, so is the unavoidable fate of something with power that is dependent upon and thus subordinate to the currency and trade based economy.

That's pretty cynical. Right now, there's nothing. We need something.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 21:04 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 18:27:
However Snowden might be a psyop to get people to self-censor themselves for fear of reprisal under the 'hawthorn effect.' ... I suggest you watch this. In this case a pardon is unnecessary since he may still be an agent of the system.

Omg, you and your little fantasy world. Snowden isn't a psyop, he's a prime example of what happens to little people when they challenge big people. He's one of millions of people who have been F'd in the A for trying to do the right thing. I've been there myself, several times. It's the reason we have expressions like 'No good deed goes unpunished.' Once you've been in that position you understand pretty fucking quick which way the wind really blows and why you were fool to think you could ever make a difference to begin with.

Watergate was high treason. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. End result? Major players pardoned. Iran-Contra. More treason. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. End result? Most involved not even charged and pardons for the rest. And that goes on for a metric shit ton of American history. The little guys like Snowdwn and the rest when they do it? F'd in the A sans lube for the rest of their lives. The only thing it really illustrates is just how many Americans don't really understand the reality of their own country and how it really operates in the world.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 18:27 LittleMe

However Snowden might be a psyop to get people to self-censor themselves for fear of reprisal under the 'hawthorn effect.' ... I suggest you watch this. In this case a pardon is unnecessary since he may still be an agent of the system.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 18:26 Beamer

Under Trump he might, as they're both best friends with and subservient to Putin.

I kid. No really, that's 100% a joke. And this isn't sarcastic. Dammit, I am struggling to make sure people know I don't mean this.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 18:02 shiho

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 17:04 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 13:14:
This is why we need a separate, stand-alone whistleblower department in the government not connected to any existing agency. The reason Snowden fled before releasing the docs, is due to what happened to Bill Binney, Thomas Drake, and other whistleblowers who tried to work within the system. Arrested, spied upon, harassed, fired, etc. etc. in complete violation of existing whistleblower laws.

Yes, that would work for a while, until inevitably corruption sets in, so is the unavoidable fate of something with power that is dependent upon and thus subordinate to the currency and trade based economy.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 13:14 jdreyer

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 12:40 swedishfriend

Apparently phones cannot be looked at without a warrant. Great for privacy protections.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 12:36 Undocumented Alien

But it seems Trump if he gets in may fight for that power.

Please, like Obama hasn't ALREADY, nor will Killary. Stop putting politicians in separate boxes, they are ALL corrupt.

Killary and the DNC Chair colluded to undermine Sanders campaign, and she still goes on. There are some really dumb ass people in the USA when that kind of behavior is OK.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 11:22 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:04:

What Snowden and Manning learned is that they're both incredibly naive. They believed in the fantasy ideal of truth, justice, and the American way. What they got for that was real America coming down on them like a ton of bricks. Real America, controlled by the elites. Who don't like to be questioned or embarrassed the way these guys embarrassed them. No, there's no forgiveness for serfs who do this. It's different for the elites, Watergate, Iran-Contra, etc. only the elites get pardons.

It's true and the only solid reason I can find myself to stand during the Anthem is the volunteer troops that risked and lost their lives. Because too much of the rest of it is bullshit of the highest order. What the country was founded on simply isn't there anymore. We've become England West. The only thing we don't have is a King/Dictator. But it seems Trump if he gets in may fight for that power.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 11:04 Cutter

Task wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 10:59:
Not Obama, not Hillary, nor Trump will pardon him. That is my best guess. Should he be? Yes. Only one candidate has suggested an immediate pardon and that's Jill Stein, since she has a soul and speaks truth.

And what of Bradley Manning (Chelsea Manning), he is also a hero and is rotting away in prison. The government doesn't even care that he has been tortured and placed in solitary confinement and has attempted suicide. Manning's reward for telling the truth about a criminal conspiracy, yes conspiracy, with the U.S. governments intent to lie and cover up a crime scene is an accessory after the fact.

It therefore should be no wonder why Snowden escaped and is afraid of coming back, since he knows what has happened to Manning whom the media never mention s anymore. They want him dead or rotting in prison, both Trump and Hillary - and calling for the assassination of American citizen is illegal, although they will use the Obama precedent when he drone bombed an American to say "it's totally fine guys."

What Snowden and Manning learned is that they're both incredibly naive. They believed in the fantasy ideal of truth, justice, and the American way. What they got for that was real America coming down on them like a ton of bricks. Real America, controlled by the elites. Who don't like to be questioned or embarrassed the way these guys embarrassed them. No, there's no forgiveness for serfs who do this. It's different for the elites, Watergate, Iran-Contra, etc. only the elites get pardons.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 10:59 Task

Not Obama, not Hillary, nor Trump will pardon him. That is my best guess. Should he be? Yes. Only one candidate has suggested an immediate pardon and that's Jill Stein, since she has a soul and speaks truth.

And what of Bradley Manning (Chelsea Manning), he is also a hero and is rotting away in prison. The government doesn't even care that he has been tortured and placed in solitary confinement and has attempted suicide. Manning's reward for telling the truth about a criminal conspiracy, yes conspiracy, with the U.S. governments intent to lie and cover up a crime scene making the government an accessory after the fact.

It therefore should be no wonder why Snowden escaped and is afraid of coming back, since he knows what has happened to Manning whom the media never mention s anymore. They want him dead or rotting in prison, both Trump and Hillary - and calling for the assassination of American citizen is illegal, although they will use the Obama precedent when he drone bombed an American to say "it's totally fine guys."

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 10:30 RedEye9

Snowden deserves not only a pardon, but the church should make him a saint and the queen should knight him. A true national hero.  

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo