Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Top 10

Valve lists the following titles as the 10 bestsellers on Steam for last week:

1. ARK: Scorched Earth - Expansion Pack
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. ARK: Survival Evolved
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. Rocket League
  6. Borderlands 2 Game of the Year
  7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
  9. RimWorld
  10. Dead by Daylight

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 07:23 Redmask

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
So, what'd I miss?

Literally fucking nothing of consequence, a meaningless internet argument over nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 01:16 Quboid

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
So, what'd I miss?

Not sure but I feel like I'm missing a post where Verno was actually adversarial

47. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 00:16 Vall Forran

So, what'd I miss?  

46. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 13:14 Verno

That's all in your head, there's nothing adversarial about any of the criticisms aimed at your comment and stop trying to paint it as me vs you, several other people responded too. At worst my hitler jest was poking fun at your bizarre comparison to the worst game of all time, godwins law in good humor. You posted something incendiary and instead of explaining when people criticized it you got all indignant, as if can't disagree with what you said. Put differently, no one is trying to change your mind, they're just saying its a bad comparison. If you really don't want to explain it then stop posting already, this circular nonsense took way longer than just filling in the blanks or not posting at all. Take your own medicine - if you want to have a conversation, it helps not to start it off with "this is my opinion, its fine and no one can discuss it". Sheesh.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2016, 13:21.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 12:41 Kxmode

Go back and read how the conversation unfolded. I posted my thoughts about NMS in a trivial manner, and almost immediately it became adversarial. You weren't keen on having a conversation about the comparison. You only wanted to prove how my analogy was wrong and was looking for nothing less than an admission from me for that. The point is if you want to have a discussion with someone don't start a reply with a hostile variation of "you're wrong." That's an excellent way to get people to tune out, or not go into details about what they meant.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2016, 12:49.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 07:56 Redmask

He thinks its like ET because he wears socks on his hands and hangs out all day at the rec center scaring people. It's not a fucking mystery that requires discourse. The ARK expansion is somehow at the top of the Steam list despite being a piece of shit rip off and Deus Ex is 7th but we should talk more about kxmode's neurosis because that's fucking important. Who fucking cares.  

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 06:17 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 21:59:
I'm not going to have this conversation with a complete lunatic. That's about as far as I'll take this with you, wonder bread.

You of all people calling me a lunatic is rich. It has nothing to do with me and your attempts to keep personalizing it are transparent. You made a dumb comment that several people criticized, refuse to own it and want the last word.

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 03:50 Sepharo

Calm your tits.
We all must be crazy for thinking your comparison is crazy.
But claiming you're not going to explain your comparison, and then getting questioned on that, and then explaining that the questioning in question was why you didn't explain... It's kind of confusing.

41. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2016, 21:59 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 21:51:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 17:52:
In so many words you told me my comparison was wrong and why yours was correct. That is not an exchange of ideas. You appear to be very keen on your opinion, and against any others. That is why I did not want to get into details over my choice of E.T. instead of Spore.

I would only ask that you respect my choice and not escalate it into a trivial argument.

No, you have that backwards. My opinion is my opinion, its not wrong or right but I'm willing to explain it and even if I wasn't, people are free to disagree with it. Escalating it into a trivial argument is what you're doing, you could've easily just said "oh i thought it was like ET because <blah>" and people could just take it or leave it. Or just left it on its own and let other people disagree. You posted publicly and compared something to whats widely considered the worst game of all time. No one says you "have" to explain anything but don't expect other people to just say "oh whoops we can't respond any further, kxmode doesn't feel like justifying his incendiary comment".

I'm not going to have this conversation with a complete lunatic. That's about as far as I'll take this with you, wonder bread.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 23:14 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 21:51:
In so many words you told me my comparison was wrong and why yours was correct. That is not an exchange of ideas. You appear to be very keen on your opinion, and against any others. That is why I did not want to get into details over my choice of E.T. instead of Spore.

I would only ask that you respect my choice and not escalate it into a trivial argument.

No, you have that backwards. My opinion is my opinion, its not wrong or right but I'm willing to explain it and even if I wasn't, people are free to disagree with it. Escalating it into a trivial argument is what you're doing, you could've easily just said "oh i thought it was like ET because <blah>" and people could just take it or leave it. Or just left it on its own and let other people disagree. You posted publicly and compared something to whats widely considered the worst game of all time. No one says you "have" to explain anything but don't expect other people to just say "oh whoops we can't respond any further, kxmode doesn't feel like justifying his incendiary comment".

Its got aliens and spaceships and both are badly implemented. No Man's Sky is pretty much E.T. part two, with such similarity. /s

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 22:09 Redmask

Squirmer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 00:05:
Sounds pretty unambitious for a DX game. They usually have you deciding the fate of the world.

That's not really a problem for me, most games have you as some muscle necked beef slab who has to decide the fate of the world. I'm ok with just investigating a terrorist attack instead.

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 21:51 Verno

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 22:01.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 21:50 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 17:16:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 15:33:
No, it ends. Goes back to menu afterward. Twice during the game you get a warning that proceeding will kill all side missions, so do not ignore those warnings

Yeah, I heard about the warnings and am currently hunting a few down...I think my first playthrough is just going to be main story and as many as I can find, and then NG+ will be me going Axel Foley in every single thing I come across.

Haha. I just watched Beverly Hills Cop again last night, for probably the first time in 25 years, so that's very topical.

36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2016, 18:08 LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:09:
LiTh wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:05:
Just finally upgraded my gaming rig, went from a 2500k /w a 460gtx to a 6800k /w a 1070gtx....wow what a difference! Picked up Witcher3 GOTY edition as well to really savor it. Feelin good!
Nice!
I am still rocking the 2500k with a 970GTX
I've been thinking about upgrading for a while but haven't found a game to push me over the edge.
I'm only gaming at 1080p mind you.

If i had a 970 i probably wouldnt of upgraded anything. Honestly what pushed me over the edge was i really needed to differentiate my 2500k into a separate computer as its become my home server. If i were you i'd probably wait until Canon lake cpu and 11/12 series gpu.

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 17:52 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 14:13:
This game is like ET! And maybe Hitler!

"err not really, its more like <games> because <reasons>"

I say it is but I wont say why!

"...oook then"

What a wonderful exchange of ideas that was hahah.

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 17:16 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 15:33:
No, it ends. Goes back to menu afterward. Twice during the game you get a warning that proceeding will kill all side missions, so do not ignore those warnings

Yeah, I heard about the warnings and am currently hunting a few down...I think my first playthrough is just going to be main story and as many as I can find, and then NG+ will be me going Axel Foley in every single thing I come across.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 15:33 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:56:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:52:
My final time spent was 54 hours, and I'm pretty sure I didn't find everything. (especially Breach software and triangle codes, I'm still missing a lot of those.)

Since you finished: One the story wraps up, does the game finish immediately (and you have to start NG+) or can you explore post story?

Thanks!

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 14:13 Verno

This game is like ET! And maybe Hitler!

"err not really, its more like <games> because <reasons>"

I say it is but I wont say why!

"...oook then"

What a wonderful exchange of ideas that was hahah.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 14:03 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:22:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:32:
I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

No Man's Sky is boring and shallow but that doesn't put it in the same galaxy (bwhaha) as E.T. I can't think of a set of criteria where one meets me the other but then again neither can you it seems.

If I had to compare No Man's Sky to anything it would be Spore. Over hyped, devs making grandiose claims, marketed to hell, shallow gameplay , tried to be everything to everyone and ultimately disappointed.

I bought into the Spore hype, played it and was disappointed, but I purposely chose E.T. over Spore as a comparison against NMS for specific reasons. I'm not going to get into the details of those reasons. However, suffice it to say we're both right, but for different reasons.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 13:22 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:32:
I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

No Man's Sky is boring and shallow but that doesn't put it in the same galaxy (bwhaha) as E.T. I can't think of a set of criteria where one meets me the other but then again neither can you it seems.

If I had to compare No Man's Sky to anything it would be Spore. Over hyped, devs making grandiose claims, marketed to hell, shallow gameplay , tried to be everything to everyone and ultimately disappointed.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 13:36.

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo