Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12

This Steam Community announcement heralds the release of a new patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This updates the action/RPG sequel to build 545.4 and adds DirectX 12 support along with other fixes. They say DX12 may improve better performance on some systems, but offers no visual or gameplay differences. Here's more on whether or not you want to use this:
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game. Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.

o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date:

DX12-supporting driver for AMD graphics cards: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-9-1-Release-Notes.aspx

DX12-supporting driver for NVIDIA graphics cards: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/107012/en-us

Known DirectX 12 issue:
- There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX 11. This bug is being addressed by the development team.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15 and v1.3_build524.17 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.
View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 12, 2016, 21:49 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 19:59:
Anyone else notice that David Sarif's voice is off? It's like they replaced him with the most silly sounding voice actor I've ever heard of. Other than that and the weird lip syncing, this game is amaze-balls.

Edit: grammar.

It's a different voice actor, yes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 9, 2016, 19:59 Vall Forran

Anyone else notice that David Sarif's voice is off? It's like they replaced him with the most silly sounding voice actor I've ever heard of. Other than that and the weird lip syncing, this game is amaze-balls.

Edit: grammar.

28. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 9, 2016, 09:24 TangledThorns

So the lesson learned is even number DirectX versions suck. 8 was decent but 10 went nowhere after Crysis. And here we are with 12. Lame.  

27. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 9, 2016, 04:05 NKD

My first playthrough was around 35 to 40 hours. I did a ton of exploring around. There was a lot to find.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

26. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 9, 2016, 01:39 bingus

DX12 boooo. Vulkan yaaay.  

25. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 23:48 Jerykk

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 16:44:
Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 13:24:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 11:39:
21 hours from start to finish, including the side missions.

Do you people literally just run from one mission to the next and do nothing else whatsoever???

I'm 45 hours in and just made it to the GARM base.

Hmm, I actually took my time, or at least I thought I did. I didn't just go exploring every nook and cranny though but I think i did all of the side missions, including most of the ones you get from the "points of interest". Most of the time I ghosted though, or at least tried to anyway. I'll probably try to do a full on run and gun approach next time I get the urge to play it. If I get the urge to play it I mean, since the story didn't exactly blow my mind.

Exploring every nook and cranny will significantly lengthen your playtime, as will hacking every computer, reading every e-mail/PDA/eBook, talking to every NPC, etc. There are also a lot of locations that aren't part of missions or POIs.

24. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 22:00 Caladell

DX12 version just crashes to desktop trying to load my save. Unchecked DX12 in options, loaded my game fine. Just updated my drivers too.
Hrm

23. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 21:47 RedEye9

With this patch and higher frame rates I can now finish the game in 18 hours instead of 21. THANKS Direct X 12  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

22. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 17:37 Creston

Fair enough, obviously, if you took less time to complete it.

I think after 20 hours I hadn't even reported back to Interpol yet after the Dubai mission

21. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 17:35 Leper

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 09:38:
They say DX12 may improve better performance on some systems, but offers no visual or gameplay differences.

That's funny, because you sure implied that it would look better back when you were pimping it heavily.

Well if DX12 were to increase performance, you could up the graphic settings and arguably get better visuals while maintaining the same framerate. Anyways they probably they hadn't implemented it at the time and were just were parroting whatever they were hearing from Microsoft as far as gains.

20. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 16:55 HorrorScope

Reading up some myself, the results for AMD and Nv as pretty mixed. I will say, I'm not seeing gains for NV, but there are several reporting loss fps for both or very minor losses for one or each. One states it is now bottle-necking the CPU which is what is bringing the FPS down. I'd say out of the chute on avg a very slight gain for amd and a very slight loss for NV.

DX12... will it live up to the hype someday? Or be a DX10 type promise that never happened? Time will tell.

19. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 16:44 VaranDragon

Do you people literally just run from one mission to the next and do nothing else whatsoever???

Hmm, I actually took my time, or at least I thought I did. I didn't just go exploring every nook and cranny though but I think i did all of the side missions, including most of the ones you get from the "points of interest". Most of the time I ghosted though, or at least tried to anyway. I'll probably try to do a full on run and gun approach next time I get the urge to play it. If I get the urge to play it I mean, since the story didn't exactly blow my mind.

18. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 14:34 ItBurn

I got 20-25 hours in(hard to say because I let the game run in the background sometimes) and I basically did only 2 main story missions. I'm exploring everything because it's so much fun to sneak and break into places. There's side missions, but there's also "points of interest" which are smaller side missions. You find a lot of those while exploring every nook and cranny. This game is massive and a ton of fun. Story and characters so far are great. I was afraid it wouldn't be the case like the reviews say. A lot of it is left unsaid and you have to find the info yourself and figure it out. I guess that's not something reviewers will have time to do.  

17. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:44 wtf_man

I got about 35 hours total and I did all the side missions.

Did I break into every empty apartment / store and rob it of goodies?

No.

Did I hack / read every computer, and pick up every e-book and pocket secretary?

No.

But I'm pretty sure I completed every side mission available.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

16. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:32 Parias

Same, it took me freaking FOREVER to get there. I'll admit the idea of beating this whole game in just 21 hours if you're actually exploring all of the side content really surprises me.

15. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:24 Creston

14. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:24 4D-Boxing

Comet wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:13:
I don't get it. No SLI support yet?

I don't know if there are more users that will take advantage of DX 12 or not. I imagine so. But adding SLI support is not rocket science and there are even programs that allow you to add non official SLI support to a game.

Couldn't they waste a bit of dev time to add support for it?

Come on. Having SLI and not being able to take advantage of it sucks.

100% correct. If devs don't want to support SLI then why the level of detail that requires SLI to play @1440p max image quality. Got s second 980 ti to play The Witcher 3 maxed out and it was well worth it. If dx12 kills SLI then like the universal windows app whatever, it's a step towards ending PC gaming and forcing a switch to xbox. Even Vulkan (Doom 2016) didn't support multi gpu, I played @ 115 fps (average) highest settings. Imagine how good that game could've looked if they supported multi gpu setups. Oh well, end of an era for old guys and PC gamers. Matchmaking and sigle gpu for all.

13. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 13:14 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:31:
I just refinished HR. It was really just Detroit and Hong Kong, no? Other places were 1 level.

I did not like it nearly as much as the first time. Maybe because I ghosted the whole time and just kept walking behind guards, or maybe because there's nothing this game did that Dishonored didn't come along and do better.

I'm not far enough into HR to remember... but at least Hong Kong was multi-mission... in MD everything non-1-mission happens in Prague, and there's only 3 "1-mission" areas. I think there were a couple more in HR.

You really like Dishonored better? I didn't think it was all that great, but to each their own!

12. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 12:31 Beamer

wtf_man wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 12:26:
21 hours from start to finish, including the side missions. Not too shabby, but because of the ending the game feels incomplete. If the promised free DLC that is supposed to come at the end of the year doesn't complete the game, or they dare to charge for it, Im gonna be pretty pissed off.

I just wish there were more places (other cities with more than one mission) to really visit, like the 2011 Game.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

I'm re-playing Human Revolution, now.

As for DX12, completely irrelevant to my Windows 7 gaming rig.

/shrug

I just refinished HR. It was really just Detroit and Hong Kong, no? Other places were 1 level.

I did not like it nearly as much as the first time. Maybe because I ghosted the whole time and just kept walking behind guards, or maybe because there's nothing this game did that Dishonored didn't come along and do better.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 12:26 wtf_man

21 hours from start to finish, including the side missions. Not too shabby, but because of the ending the game feels incomplete. If the promised free DLC that is supposed to come at the end of the year doesn't complete the game, or they dare to charge for it, Im gonna be pretty pissed off.

I just wish there were more places (other cities with more than one mission) to really visit, like the 2011 Game.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

I'm re-playing Human Revolution, now.

As for DX12, completely irrelevant to my Windows 7 gaming rig.

/shrug

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >