Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer

A new trailer from Mass Effect: Andromeda is now available. This celebrates the PS4 Pro announcement to show off the game's 4K graphics. Word is: "The power of 4K on PS4 Pro allows us to bring a whole new galaxy to life with crisper visuals, high dynamic range lighting, HDR10 support (Dolby Vision on PC), and some of the most lifelike characters we’ve ever created."

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 9, 2016, 00:57 Drayth

Jerykk wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 23:52:
Never really understood this mentality. If you loved ME1 and 2, you should love ME3 because it has the best gameplay and level design in the series. The ending sucked, sure, but it was about 1% of the game. The other 99% was great.

Agreed, the shooter aspect was at it's best in that one by far. ME 2 had the best "vibe" to it though I felt. 3's ending didn't bother me much, but I didn't play it till all the DLC was out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 23:52 Jerykk

PacoTaco wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 15:36:
Looked like low res crap to me. I loved ME 1 and 2, 3 was shit. This looks like more shit. The characters looked like ass, the 4k bullshit is total bullshit and it makes FB Engine look weak. Mass Effect: Death of a Franchise << better title. Predict layoffs at this studio with in 3 months of the launch.

Never really understood this mentality. If you loved ME1 and 2, you should love ME3 because it has the best gameplay and level design in the series. The ending sucked, sure, but it was about 1% of the game. The other 99% was great.

27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 21:09 SlimRam

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 09:37:
Tyrric wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 06:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:30:
Mass Effect Borderlands Edition. Welcome Vault Hunters!

That was my first thought as well. Does this mean I get to romance Cl4ptr4p?

No, but ten to one says that that Asari who shows off her belly button is freaky in the sack.
Well, as long as I get a dialogue wheel to romance my hand when she shoots me down, I think this game will be a winner!

26. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 15:49 nin

PacoTaco wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 15:36:
Looked like low res crap to me. I loved ME 1 and 2, 3 was shit. This looks like more shit. The characters looked like ass, the 4k bullshit is total bullshit and it makes FB Engine look weak. Mass Effect: Death of a Franchise << better title. Predict layoffs at this studio with in 3 months of the launch.

Easy there CJ...

25. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 15:36 PacoTaco

a

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 01:14.

24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 14:19 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 04:14:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:44:
Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:39:
Looks... okay. I'm sorry, THIS is what you guys chose to show off 4K? A dark vault with barely anything to see?

and it's visibly tearing 1/3 from the top of the screen (ALPHA VERSION!)

Sure, but it's Frostbyte 3 and that engine is pretty stable And around the 25 seconds mark you can see that the ground is essentially not even textured and that even the cover looks low res and blurry. I get it, it's a tech demo for 4K/HDR 10 but.. what's the point showing something like that in a dark foggy cave? After people saw how BF1 looked (Which definitely is the BY FAR prettiest game to come out this year)..

My point being, this is Frostbyte, same engine used in BF1.. so wide open area with extreme view-range and detail would have been far better showcase. That is where frostbyte shines.

Dude...

It's Frostbite, not "Frostbyte" or "frostbyte".

That said, I'm not a huge fan of that engine. Does it look pretty nice on the surface? Yeah. But it always gives me this sterile, detached and artificial feeling. It's like you are looking at the world through a very polished, high gloss camera lens. You're not really "there". It's not visceral in any way, shape or form. You're more an observer and less a participant. It fucking sucks.

23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 11:20 Jivaro

Looked like a Mass Effect game to me.....for which I am very happy. Hopefully the end result is a Mass Effect game.  

22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 09:58 Bundy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:06:
bigspender wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:42:
Don't you just hate it when the energy readings go off the charts?

Absolutely,

but it's a reference to old analog measurement when the needle would actually go farther than the gauge would allow. You can have this in a digital form as well when you put a limit on your digital HMI and it would just read the maximum or error out.

Its poor dramatic writing but I'm still looking forward to this game.

This happens on my sons blood glucose meter, which has a digital display. However it detects glucose in a tiny drop of blood, it's incapable of detecting more than 33.3 mmo/l. The digital display can certainly display number much bigger, but the sensor cannot detect more than that. So when you see that number, it could actually be much greater.

BTW 33.3 is extremely high and not good, normal is between 5 and 7.

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 09:37 Creston

Tyrric wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 06:21:

No, but ten to one says that that Asari who shows off her belly button is freaky in the sack.

20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 09:36 Fion

'4k thanks to the power of the Playstation Neo'

Is that why the area we're seeing is so startlingly low-poly? Everything but the characters - even the plants has an angular look and design. Who ever is 'playing' is also moving and looking around visibly slower so the framerate doesn't crash and even then there's tuns of tearing going on.

I hope this isn't the design premise of this entire game. Cut the polygon density down significantly and curtail FoV and information on screen so that you can present a game at 30fps, 4k. The situation only changes in cut-scene mode.

And this gameplay.. is this the No Man's Sky version of Mass Effect?

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 06:21 Tyrric

18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 05:17 Luke

Kxmode wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 01:03:
Despite the ending of the third game I loved the ME series, however, thanks to Sean Murray's tomfoolery I am not going to preorder.

Side note, I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes from the video. Like could this be the Squadron 42 Chris is hoping to make but likely will never achieve? Or am I looking too much into this? Feel free to correct me.

I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes

Gezz take a pill

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 05:14 Luke

Fantaz wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:08:
Console garbage.

only nice things to say eh

Or maybe he won't jump up and down over everything like others do ...que Clown

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 04:14 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:44:
Looks... okay. I'm sorry, THIS is what you guys chose to show off 4K? A dark vault with barely anything to see?

Sure, but it's Frostbyte 3 and that engine is pretty stable And around the 25 seconds mark you can see that the ground is essentially not even textured and that even the cover looks low res and blurry. I get it, it's a tech demo for 4K/HDR 10 but.. what's the point showing something like that in a dark foggy cave? After people saw how BF1 looked (Which definitely is the BY FAR prettiest game to come out this year)..

My point being, this is Frostbyte, same engine used in BF1.. so wide open area with extreme view-range and detail would have been far better showcase. That is where frostbyte shines.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2016, 05:22.

15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 02:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

General architectural style: somewhere between the Borg, Superman's Fortress of Solitude, and Oblivion(the movie)'s starship.

I lost interest in Mass Effect not too far into ME3... I'll probably get this on sale at some point, just like ME2 and 3, just to add to the game queue.

14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 01:03 Kxmode

Despite the ending of the third game I loved the ME series, however, thanks to Sean Murray's tomfoolery I am not going to preorder.

Side note, I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes from the video. Like could this be the Squadron 42 Chris is hoping to make but likely will never achieve? Or am I looking too much into this? Feel free to correct me.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 00:44 DangerDog

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:39 Creston

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:30 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:06 Tipsy McStagger

bigspender wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:42:
Don't you just hate it when the energy readings go off the charts?

Absolutely,

but it's a reference to old analog measurement when the needle would actually go farther than the gauge would allow. You can have this in a digital form as well when you put a limit on your digital HMI and it would just read the maximum or error out.

Its poor dramatic writing but I'm still looking forward to this game.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >