Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released

The Windows Experience Blog announces the release of the full Windows 10 edition of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (thanks DSOGaming). The full version remains free and adds support for steering wheel controllers. Here's word:
We’ve reached an important milestone in the development of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex – as of today, we’re lifting the “beta” tag and releasing Apex as a full-fledged (and still free!) product on the Windows 10 Store.

We’re extremely excited to announce that today’s content update for Apex will bring wheel support to the Forza Motorsport series on Windows 10 for the first time. This is a major landmark for the Forza series on Windows 10 and has been the result of months of hard work from the Turn 10 and Windows teams.

By adding wheel support to Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, we continue to work towards our goal of improving the Apex experience for players and making racing better on Windows 10. We recognize that today’s CU is just the beginning of that journey. As has been the case with Apex since the beginning, we welcome player feedback around the wheel implementation in the game. Let us know what you think at the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Forums and head over to Xbox Wire to read more about today’s announcement!
View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 19:15 Leper

Playing this with the Xbox One controller is really cool. Controller force feedback has come a long way since the N64 Rumble Pak! I'm sure using a wheel would be better, though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 12:51 SpectralMeat

I think this is the correct link
I'm at work, can't test it

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 12:48 theglaze

>SandmaN< wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 12:36:
Hmm, can't download this from the Windows store, but I can download other games. What's up with that?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-motorsport-6-apex-beta/9nblggh3shm7

Maybe you have the wrong link, it's no longer in Brta and should be just Apex.

13. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 12:36 >SandmaN<

Hmm, can't download this from the Windows store, but I can download other games. What's up with that?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-motorsport-6-apex-beta/9nblggh3shm7

12. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 08:13 SpectralMeat

I still use my G25 every now and then. I just have to be in a racing game mood to set it all up because it pretty much takes all my space away at the desk so can't really play anything else but racing games.
So most times I just use the controller instead.
It's not as good as the wheel but doesn't take up as much room either

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 07:53 VaranDragon

I had a G25 that I sold when I needed some extra cash to buy another guitar. What a waste that was, the guitar turned out not to be a keeper....  

10. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 07:51 eRe4s3r

theglaze wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 02:06:
1badmf wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 01:09:
whats the best wheel under $100?

The cheapest product on that list is the Thrustmaster TMX @ $165 via Amazon.

So under $100 means buying a used wheel, and it can be tricky to get a decent one. These are mechanical devices and they wear over time. There are significant G25 & G27 communities that are a great resource for mods, upgrades, replacement parts, and buying used wheels.

Amazing that the Logitech MOMO is still supported after...*uses toes*....14 years? I do not recommend buying a used MOMO, but do your research.

My Momo still works fine, some "aftermarket" upgrades not withstanding ^^ (meaning I replaced the springs in the pedals..)

9. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 07:19 Kevin Lowe

1badmf wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 04:09:
jesus i like racing games, but, are there NO decent wheels under $100?!? i probably don't like them that much.
Nope. Anything under $100 is going to be bungee-cord centering instead of force feedback. You're better off with a gamepad at that point, especially the X1 pad with the variable rumble in the trigger (useful for braking).

8. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 04:09 1badmf

jesus i like racing games, but, are there NO decent wheels under $100?!? i probably don't like them that much.  

7. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 03:13 eRe4s3r

I have to say... this game is not free. Windows 10 is not free. When something is advertised as free then often you are the product, and nowhere can this be better seen than with W10 and Forza Apex  

6. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 02:06 theglaze

1badmf wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 01:09:

The cheapest product on that list is the Thrustmaster TMX @ $165 via Amazon.

So under $100 means buying a used wheel, and it can be tricky to get a decent one. These are mechanical devices and they wear over time. There are significant G25 & G27 communities that are a great resource for mods, upgrades, replacement parts, and buying used wheels.

Amazing that the Logitech MOMO is still supported after...*uses toes*....14 years? I do not recommend buying a used MOMO, but do your research.

5. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 01:55 theglaze

Hanover wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 22:36:
From http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support

With today’s update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon...

Not sure why they don't mention Fanatec...both the CSW V2 and CSL are listed within the game.

Buuuuuut, my CSW V1 is NOT recognized by the game! The official post you quoted goes on to say:

"notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex."

CSR was of the same generation as the CSW V1...so maybe V1 owners will get support too?

4. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 7, 2016, 01:09 1badmf

3. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 6, 2016, 23:48 Slick

Hanover wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 22:36:

MAH NIGGUH

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

2. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 6, 2016, 22:36 Hanover

From http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support

With today’s update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon...

1. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 6, 2016, 20:57 The Half Elf

Free or not, rather have multiplayer

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >