Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface

Korean site Game Focus has an unconfirmed report that a port of Red Dead Redemption is coming to PCs in the first half of next year. The report is in the site's native Korean, but NeoGAF has details in English. This states a remastered edition of the wild western action/adventure is coming to PC and PlayStation 4, and an Xbox One edition is also possible. This story is attributed to North American sources, and it says an official announcement could come as early as tomorrow. Thanks nin.
View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:49 ItBurn

JayDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:46:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:38:
JayDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:23:
At this point, who cares?

Everyone. Everyone and their dog cares, including you. You just don't know it yet. RDR isn't just the best western game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made. I bought an Xbox primarily for this title alone. They don't need to change a damn thing except update the graphics so a remastered version of this on the PC with hi-rez textures? Aaa!Ooo! Forgedaboutit!

I'm just tired of this new trend of reintroducing 5 to 10 year old games. Rockstar should be announcing RDR 2, no?

In my book, unless it's a phone or handheld game, the game isn't released until it's on PC. So, RDR 1 still isn't out, so it's not time for 2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:46 JayDeath

Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:38:

Everyone. Everyone and their dog cares, including you. You just don't know it yet. RDR isn't just the best western game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made. I bought an Xbox primarily for this title alone. They don't need to change a damn thing except update the graphics so a remastered version of this on the PC with hi-rez textures? Aaa!Ooo! Forgedaboutit!

I'm just tired of this new trend of reintroducing 5 to 10 year old games. Rockstar should be announcing RDR 2, no?

Steam: BenRichards

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:38  Cutter 

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

16. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:29  nin 

15. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:28 JayDeath

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:25:

Apparently you cared enough to open the thread and comment, instead of skipping right past it?

Don't troll! You know exactly what I mean!

14. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:25  nin 

Apparently you cared enough to open the thread and comment, instead of skipping right past it?

13. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:24 ItBurn

Would be cool. I hope they support first person again. Soooo immersive.

Edit: kinda feel bad about them snubbing PC for so long, but Rockstar will Rockstar.

12. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:23 JayDeath

11. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:19  wtf_man 

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:24:
If they're porting to both consoles (as the rumor) they have x86 code at that point, so the pc version would be gravy...

Technically, both consoles are x86 AMD APUs. I think you mean XBone OS to PC OS, would be gravy.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

10. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:06 CJ_Parker

GinRummy wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:57:
I played both Call of Juarez games, which look similar, at least in setting, but I have no idea if they actually are. Is RDR that much better or different?

The CoJ games are totally awesome and from a dev who actually respects PC gamers so they are automatically much better by default.

9. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:57 GinRummy

I played both Call of Juarez games, which look similar, at least in setting, but I have no idea if they actually are. Is RDR that much better or different?  

8. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:48 Leper

I would much rather them devote the resources to the next red dead or gta and have it on pc from the start.

Who's to say they aren't working on these things also? Assuming this is true, the resources on the port are not resources they moved from their big projects - this would be a separate team that likely specializes in ports with their own budget, etc. Rockstar has multiple teams and is capable of working on multiple things simultaneously. This would be just another way to make money after they saw that there was demand (I constantly see people on here whining about how RDR never came to PC).

7. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:46  nin 

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:43:
Fuck you, Rockstar. If they really do release this now, I'm going to pirate the game to give them a real reason to keep hating PC gamers.

No worries, it'll sell like hotcakes and your little shitshow won't make a difference...

6. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:44 Verno

bbq4tw wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:27:
while redemption is one of the all time greats, you can pick up a 360 or ps3 for next to nothing (or get an xbox one and play backward compatible). I would much rather them devote the resources to the next red dead or gta and have it on pc from the start.

Remasters are generally worked on by tertiary staff with some oversight, they don't really detract from other efforts for the most part. The next Red Dead is already well on its way as several leaks have confirmed.

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon

5. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:43 CJ_Parker

Fuck you, Rockstar. If they really do release this now, I'm going to pirate the game to give them a real reason to keep hating PC gamers.  

4. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:27 bbq4tw

while redemption is one of the all time greats, you can pick up a 360 or ps3 for next to nothing (or get an xbox one and play backward compatible). I would much rather them devote the resources to the next red dead or gta and have it on pc from the start.  

3. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:24  nin 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:16:
I'd be interested, I admit, but why now? it's been what, 4 years? 5? Six, according to wikipedia. *EDIT*

I assume Rockstar is making bank off of GTA5 still, seems like a waste of resources to bother with a PC port of RDR.

If they're porting to both consoles (as the rumor) they have x86 code at that point, so the pc version would be gravy...

2. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'd be interested, I admit, but why now? it's been what, 4 years? 5? Six, according to wikipedia. *EDIT*

I assume Rockstar is making bank off of GTA5 still, seems like a waste of resources to bother with a PC port of RDR.

1. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:09  nin 

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >