Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour

Hail to the king, baby! Gearbox Software reveals Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour, a rerelease of the original Duke Nukem 3D from 1996. A countdown to this news began last week, but a release for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 is just over a month away on October 11th. As seen in this trailer, the appearance of the first-person shooter hasn't changed much in 20 years, but this will also include some all-new content. The new stuff is from creators of the original game, including the designs of Allen Blum III and Levelord, the music of Lee Jackson, and the wisecracking of Alex St. John, the voice of Duke. Here's word:
Celebrating the anniversary of the game that helped revolutionize the first-person shooter genre, Gearbox Publishing is pleased to announce Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour alongside a first teaser trailer. This new edition of the landmark FPS contains the 1996 classic Duke Nukem 3D in its full glory, along with extra, never-before-seen content.

Set to launch on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam® on October 11, 2016 at an MSRP of $19.99, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour contains all-new content including:

• “Hail to the King, Baby!” – Complete all-new episode containing eight original levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray
  • “Come Get Some!” – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John
  • “I’ve got Balls of Steel!” – All-new behind-the-scenes original development team commentary accessible in-game
  • “I’m Lookin’ Good!” – Play the game using the original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at high fidelity and blistering frame rate using Gearbox’s all-new “True3D Rendering” mode

“When I first moved out to Texas to join the Duke Nukem 3D development team in the mid-nineties, I could not possibly predict that we were all going to be part of the emergence of the 3D First Person videogame genre that would ultimately impact the entire videogame industry,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “Making it possible for Allen, Richard, Lee and Jon to all come back together 20 years later to bring a whole new episode to the classic game is just one of those rare and incredible things that I hope will bring joy and happiness to hardcore videogame fans new and old.”

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 12:11 JeffD

you know..I have never wanted to replay duke 3d in the last 15 years. This 80th re release crap is getting old.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 12:07 RedEye9

Duke Nukem 3D begs for a reimagining, similar to what Crowbar Collective is doing for Half Life with Black Mesa.

Anthing less is just a disgusting money grab.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

29. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 09:57 VaranDragon

Ok, Jon not Alex, sorry, it was an honest mistake people...  

28. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 08:04 BadAss

I'm surprised nobody picked this up by now... the voice actor is not Alex St John... it is Jon St John ... -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_St._John

27. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 07:41 Dentorro

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 12:27:
Is it just me or do Alex St. John's new lines sound somehow flat and uninspired?

Not sure where this Alex comes from, article clearly states :
“Come Get Some!” – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John

26. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 06:59 Redmask

Luke wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 05:20:
Well don't ya all Book

Make sense or stop posting, you are fucking annoying.

25. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 05:20 Luke

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 04:56:
nin wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 12:37:
Is it just me or do Alex St. John's new lines sound somehow flat and uninspired?

I honestly wish they'd kept that part as is, instead of tacking new lines on...

He sounds totally flat and uninterested.

Well don't ya all Book

24. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 04:56 jdreyer

nin wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 12:37:

I honestly wish they'd kept that part as is, instead of tacking new lines on...

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 03:08 Numinar

Might be interested in this if it has MP. I remember ringing up a 40 dollar phone bill for playing someone outside the city limits in this and Warcraft. Pipebombs are go!  

22. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 21:26 NotOneOfUs

I'm both very interested and very concerned.

New levels by Allen and Levelord? Oh god yes. New music by Lee Jackson? Yesssss.

But I really, really don't trust modern day Gearbox.

21. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 19:16 Xero

They probably took more time to work on that trailer than they did on this re-release.

Honestly, if someone made a similar mod to this like Brutal Doom, I'd be all over it, but I've played the hell out of Duke in every form possible. No need to tread the same ground for the umpteen time.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

20. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 18:03 nin

Blue wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 17:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 15:34:
When do we hit the 20th Anniversary of Duke Nukem Forever being announced?

In seven months. No joke.

Ouch.

19. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 17:11 Retired

Blue wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 17:03:

ahahahahahah

They have released these games so many times - not sure why anyone would buy them anymore.

18. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 17:11 Task

AT least it wasn't an announcement for a sequel to "Forever."  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

17. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 17:03  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

16. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 16:40 MajorD

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 11:54:
When you need to milk something beyond death!

Fixed that for you.

Still counting...

15. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 16:16 CJ_Parker

meh@cashgrab  

14. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 16:16 shiho

Willing to bet money that the co-op multiplayer will be as broken and unplayable as in Megaton edition, or even worse. They probably designed the new episode without co-op in mind, too, because, well, everyone forgot how to do it.  

13. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 15:34 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

12. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 15:12 LOC

wtf_man wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 13:51:
Other than the extra Episode levels... I don't think this is any different than the Megaton Edition... which I already have.

Unless that "True3D" mode somehow looks better.

It does look better, but looking better for a 1996 game on the build engine is subjective I'd say. Yes they smooth the hell out of the textures and it runs at a rock solid frame rate and they cleaned up the lighting a bit and shadows look better as well. But there's only so much you can do really. I mean its just a glorified source port-style mod that makes it look better for the most part (not a mod but you get my point).

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >