Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month

Square Enix announces a September 23rd release date for System Rift, a story-oriented DLC pack for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This will be available separately, or as part of the season pass for the RPG sequel. Here's the announcement, which includes details on a panel on the topic that will take place at PAX tomorrow:
Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Frank Pritchard, the iconic Deus Ex® character, will return in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the illuminati really are.

Andreas Apergis, the actor behind Frank Pritchard, will join Elias Toufexis and Sascha Dikiciyan for a panel at PAX West tomorrow. Eidos-Montréal Presents: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will take place at the Hydra Theater on Saturday, September 3rd at 3:00PM. They will discuss the upcoming DLC and the return of Pritchard to Deus Ex.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift will be available on September 23rd on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, and online stores for $11.99 and in the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass, which is composed of Narrative DLCs and in-game items. More details on the contents of the Season Pass can be found here.
View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 3, 2016, 00:33 Jerykk

SlimRam wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 22:41:
Leper wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 20:43:
Squirmer wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 18:56:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 14:22:
Should it have been included in the original game? Old-school gamer logic says yes. Old-school gamer logic doesn't make MONEY, however, and I doubt you go to work and hand out YOUR time for less money than what you could be getting.
Well I'm glad no-one told this to the devs at CD Projekt Red, who make plenty of money treating customers with respect and releasing expansions with as much content as most full games.

Unfortunately I don't think every studio can function the way CD Projekt Red does. Deus Ex isn't exactly taking the sales charts by storm and I'm guessing they'll be lucky if they break even (even by screwing over their customers with all this DLC as implied).

I seriously doubt that we'd have seen a large expansion to this game if they had gone that route since they'd have to wait to see how the base game was selling before greenlighting it. So a few small pieces of DLC might be the last we see of DX. Better than nothing?

On Steam they show about 290,000 copies sold since Aug. 23. I'm not sure if that means the game is a hit or not? I've always wondered what sales numbers constitute a hit?

Square has previously expressed disappointment with games that sold 2-4 million copies so I'm guessing DX needs to sell at least 5 million for it to be considered a success. I'm guessing it will end up selling around 2-3 million.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 22:41 SlimRam

Leper wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 20:43:
Should it have been included in the original game? Old-school gamer logic says yes. Old-school gamer logic doesn't make MONEY, however, and I doubt you go to work and hand out YOUR time for less money than what you could be getting.
Well I'm glad no-one told this to the devs at CD Projekt Red, who make plenty of money treating customers with respect and releasing expansions with as much content as most full games.

Unfortunately I don't think every studio can function the way CD Projekt Red does. Deus Ex isn't exactly taking the sales charts by storm and I'm guessing they'll be lucky if they break even (even by screwing over their customers with all this DLC as implied).

I seriously doubt that we'd have seen a large expansion to this game if they had gone that route since they'd have to wait to see how the base game was selling before greenlighting it. So a few small pieces of DLC might be the last we see of DX. Better than nothing?

On Steam they show about 290,000 copies sold since Aug. 23. I'm not sure if that means the game is a hit or not? I've always wondered what sales numbers constitute a hit?

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 20:43 Leper

16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 19:32 Wallshadows

I liked Pritchard right from the get go when they were shit talking each other in the elevator. They seem to be like an old couple constantly bickering but you damn well knew there was some bromance in there waiting to be found.

I am curious as to how much The Missing Link was when it released though. I think it might have been around the same price but I'm going to guess that by the sounds of System Rift, it won't be on the same level which made TML worth the price of admission.

I'll wait till the inevitable sale in a month or two.

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 18:56 Squirmer

14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 15:57 Wesp5

I really remember the good old days when you could buy a complete and finished game and sometimes expansions were released very much later! This practive of cutting stuff during development to sell it as DLC is annoying me very much!  

13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 15:13 Creston

$11.99 for what is likely one mission, in a rehashed setting. (I actually loved breaking into the Palisade bank, it was awesome, but going back there... Meh.)

Methinks I will wait for this to hit 75% off.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 14:22 HoSpanky

The question isn't "was this in production before the game came out". Of course it was. The question is, when's the right time to release content for a single player game? Is it within a month of release, so people buying console copies hang onto their discs longer, lowering loss to resale? Or later, when people have moved on to other games and have less interest in "going back"?

The answer, obviously, is "the sooner the better". So that's why this is happening. Should it have been included in the original game? Old-school gamer logic says yes. Old-school gamer logic doesn't make MONEY, however, and I doubt you go to work and hand out YOUR time for less money than what you could be getting.

Edit: sorry, meant to Quote, not Reply, and now I can't get my phone to let me undo what I've done. Look back, you'll know who I'm replying to.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 14:11 Pr()ZaC

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:43:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:15:
If the Illuminati are the circle of peeps we see throughout the game, but especially during the subspace communication hack then we already know at least 3 of their names... director of Manderly (FEMA), Bob Page (Picus) and whoever the boss of our boss in TF29 was.. I forgot who actually.. dang it.

Unless that was a giant red herring and I fell for it

Wait... have you actually never played the original Deus Ex? Or has it just been a long time and you've forgotten the character names?

The latter ;p

TL;DR, I (really, REALLY) suck at remembering names of characters in games
It was a long time ago. You're excused

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 13:43 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:30:
If the Illuminati are the circle of peeps we see throughout the game, but especially during the subspace communication hack then we already know at least 3 of their names... director of Manderly (FEMA), Bob Page (Picus) and whoever the boss of our boss in TF29 was.. I forgot who actually.. dang it.

Wait... have you actually never played the original Deus Ex? Or has it just been a long time and you've forgotten the character names?

The latter ;p

TL;DR, I (really, REALLY) suck at remembering names of characters in games

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 13:30 Scottish Martial Arts

8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 13:15 eRe4s3r

7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:31 Squirmer

"Iconic character" is stretching things a bit.  

6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:04 CJ_Parker

And of course this DLC was not finished at launch a couple of weeks ago and could not be included with the main game... Rolleyes

Really sad part is people will lap this up like divine urine instead of questioning this shitty practice of bringing back popular characters from a previous game as DLC only.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:01 Creston

Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Frank Pritchard, the iconic Deus Ex® character, will return in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.

Huh. And here I thought Frank was secretly Janus. There goes my theory!

4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 11:53 Cutter

MDB wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:37:
nin wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 10:26:
Awesome!!! I ended up liking his character by the end of DXHR.
I found that to be one of the biggest twists of the story and loved it. He's an asshole when you meet him but ends up being the only guy who's been completely straight with you the entire time.

Hope the DLC doesn't ruin this relationship.

Spoilers!

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
- Winston Churchill

3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 11:37 MDB

nin wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 10:26:
I found that to be one of the biggest twists of the story and loved it. He's an asshole when you meet him but ends up being the only guy who's been completely straight with you the entire time.

Hope the DLC doesn't ruin this relationship.

2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 10:48 VaranDragon

Not sure how I feel like breaking into that bank for a third time. Will pass on this...  

1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 10:26 nin

System Rift, you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >