Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released

THQ Nordic announce the release of Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for Windows on Steam, celebrating the 10 years since the launch of the action/RPG. This launches with a 75% off discount and is offered as a free gift for owners of any prior Titan Quest title on Steam. The Anniversary Edition contains both Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and the roughly 1,261 changes that have come to both over the past decade. They explain this results in a complete rework "of multiplayer, stability, performance, balancing, AI and much more," all detailed in this change log. This post has all the details. Here's word on the game:
For its 10 year anniversary, Titan Quest will shine in new splendour. This Anniversary Edition combines both Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne in one game, and has been given a massive overhaul for the ultimate ARPG experience.

Anniversary Edition update

• Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
  • Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
  • Improved performance and general stability
  • Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
  • Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
  • Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes
  • Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
  • Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
  • Improved enemy and pet AI
  • Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
  • Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
  • Steam Friend Invites
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Trading Cards

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 6, 2016, 08:04 Retired

Game is free if you owned the other ones.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 2, 2016, 10:02 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 21:06:
Pretty sure rubberbanding was fixed via a community patch some time ago anyways... Game had a pretty dedicated little community.

Yep. There was a sizable community patch which also had a Steam version that I never played without once I discovered it.

16. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 21:06 PHJF

Pretty sure rubberbanding was fixed via a community patch some time ago anyways... Game had a pretty dedicated little community.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 21:02 Slashman

Was GD still in Early Access when you played it?

I can't remember any builds I've played so far that were useless.

They've been constantly doing balance passes since the game went live as well.

14. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 19:11 Osc8r

Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 23:35:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 23:31:
Wish they made a proper sequel to this... was a awesome game especially in co-op.

Members of the original dev team did make Grim Dawn. Likely as close as you'll get to a sequel.

Oh really? Damn, i didn't even realise that and i played GD!

I don't think GD was even half the game TQ was.

From my recollection a lot of the classes abilities in GD were very similar only with a slight difference with animation and damage.

There were also plenty of abilities and builds that were completely useless. Whereas TQ had so many different interesting and useful spec's you could come up with.

The difficulty in GD was also all over the place, and abilities wouldn't scale correctly (really OP for a bit, then completely obsolete).

I didn't even finish GD, but replayed TQ multiple times.

GD was definitely worth the money, but sadly it was no TQ for me.

13. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 17:14 NetHead

Slashman wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 09:59:

Your long post notwithstanding, the fact is that the playstyle,.....

Sooo freaking sorry for posting anything, please do us a favour and add me to your ignore list.

12. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, showed up in my Steam Library when I checked today. I'll try this out hopefully tonight, although I don't know if I'll put a ton of hours into this, all my ARPG time goes to Grim Dawn.

*EDIT* Haha, that change log is immense! I may have to round up the old TQ group to run through this again, they are all sick of D3 at this point anyway.

11. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 13:36 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 11:49:
The devs never fixed it because there "was no money", ...
THQ had no interest in supporting TQIT, the studio itself wasnt allowed to fix the addon.

So you'll forgive me for not spending another dime on their promises.
Understandable. But ... its gone, its fixed now. Go, download a copy and try it yourself.

10. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 13:28 Jivaro

I played a bit yesterday...it's fantastic. I am going to love this trip down memory lane. Just gotta decide what to pair with Earth Mastery. Never tried that skill path before but it is fun burning everything down.

Despite the massive update and the gargantuan patch notes...one thing I wish had happened was that the inventory space graphically matched the actual amount of space you have. My inventory holds a lot more than it appears to, but I have to use the auto-arrange buttons to get at all the things because when it appears to be full the game starts stashing stuff somewhere I can't see. I haven't read the notes entirely (or, really at all) so maybe they address this....probably just the price I pay to have an inventory of decent size.

9. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 11:49 Creston

Task wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:40:
Ok? Have you tried it though? It claims "stability" and "performance" improvements so maybe that crap is fixed.

I bought the 30 dollar expansion at the time which made all my characters expansion only, and then watched my game rubberband every 20 seconds. The devs never fixed it because there "was no money", and the game had essentially become unplayable, and just reinstalling Titan Quest was not an option, because all my characters couldn't be used in Titan Quest anymore.

So you'll forgive me for not spending another dime on their promises.

8. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 09:59 Slashman

NetHead wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 09:02:
Wish they made a proper sequel to this... was a awesome game especially in co-op.

Members of the original dev team did make Grim Dawn. Likely as close as you'll get to a sequel.

I wouldn't call Grim Dawn any kind of sequel or successor to Titan Quest. They may have similarities having been made by some of the same people and similar tech but they're distinctly different for the same genera.

There's a post somewhere on the Grim Dawn forums where it's described how they were limited in what they could do in Titan Quest. Some person at THQ basically gimping all their ideas (to an excessive extent for ridiculous reasons I'd say). Not wanting the player to fight humans, has so be something his mother/grandmother could play, with something about religion causing god related powers/ability taken out because of it, or something like that.

Basically some idiot was in a position where he could dictate a game's development which resulted in what is something of a whitewashed or watered down version of what the devs wanted to make. The description of removed features and alterations makes it sound like the game would have been better and had much more style.

It's been so long since I've read it but you get the idea, Titan Quest is not really the game they wanted to make as a result, or rather not entirely so.

Your long post notwithstanding, the fact is that the playstyle, skill system and many aspects of Grim Dawn are similar to Titan Quest. Of course it is not a true sequel, but as I said it is as close as you will get since those devs are now working on Grim Dawn.

You can either lament this fact for eternity or play and enjoy both GD and this anniversary edition of TQ.

No one knows if the things that they wanted to do would have ended up working as well in retrospect for TQ, so it's all just wishful thinking about a game that never was. TQ was/is a great game regardless of publisher intervention. That happens when you...work with a publisher.

7. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 09:02 NetHead

I wouldn't call Grim Dawn any kind of sequel or successor to Titan Quest. They may have similarities having been made by some of the same people and similar tech but they're distinctly different for the same genera.

There's a post somewhere on the Grim Dawn forums where it's described how they were limited in what they could do in Titan Quest. Some person at THQ basically gimping all their ideas (to an excessive extent for ridiculous reasons I'd say). Not wanting the player to fight humans, has so be something his mother/grandmother could play, with something about religion causing god related powers/ability taken out because of it, or something like that.

Basically some idiot was in a position where he could dictate a game's development which resulted in what is something of a whitewashed or watered down version of what the devs wanted to make. The description of removed features and alterations makes it sound like the game would have been better and had much more style.

It's been so long since I've read it but you get the idea, Titan Quest is not really the game they wanted to make as a result, or rather not entirely so.

6. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 23:35 Slashman

5. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 23:31 Osc8r

4. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 22:02 LittleMe

I remember this game being a lot of aRPG fun. Glad they brought it back to life!!  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 20:45 Slashman

Whoohoo! Nostalgia trip here I come!!!  

2. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 20:40 Task

Ok? Have you tried it though? It claims "stability" and "performance" improvements so maybe that crap is fixed.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 20:11 Creston

Includes Immortal Throne, so will include RubberBanding Out The Ass. You have been warned.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >