Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

BioShock: The Collection Videos

New let's play videos from BioShock: The Collection show off the upcoming remaster of the shooter franchise (thanks Polygon). This clip is from the updated version of the original BioShock, showing over 13 minutes of gameplay starting from the very beginning. This is excerpted from an even longer clip showing more than 40 minutes of the game. This video is shorter, depicting seven-plus minutes from BioShock 2, and there is also a longer let's play from the sequel that's almost 40 minutes. There are also BioShock Infinite videos, but that game is not being remastered, so this looks how you recall it from way back in 2013. Besides the games, the collection will include a new documentary series on the creation of the series, as noted in the description:
All three BioShock games, complete with all single-player DLC, are fully remastered for current-gen consoles, in 1080p and up to 60 FPS, in BioShock: The Collection. Available September 13, 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally).

Coming with BioShock: The Collection, the never-before-seen video series, Imagining BioShock, takes you through the inspiration and creation of Rapture and its inhabitants. Play through the remastered version of BioShock to pick up golden reels and unlock the secrets behind Rapture. Watch the Imagining BioShock trailers here: http://2kgam.es/ImaginingBioShock

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 14:05 Fion

Bioshock Remastered for today's consoles*

*bringing the graphics up to the level they were on PC in 2007.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 13:00 RedEye9

Kajetan wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 01:36:
Well ... there are enough PC players who would like to have an updated version of Bioshock 1/2 with proper widescreen/FOV support without config fiddling AND without constant crashes on modern Windows OS. 1 & 2 may run well on a Win 8/10 machine ... or not. I had troubles during a replay of Bioshock 2, especially with the Minerva addon.

Here are some possible fixes http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_2

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 03:31 Numinar

Yeah running old games in 1440p (I don't earn 4k money) is fun, but it's nice if the textures, models and effects get an extra pass to make them shine. Proper optimization should help them run better than the originals as well seeing as the hardware and software we are using probably didn't exist back then.

That said, could be a shitty update. Hopefully not though, it's a cool series. I'm planning a replay for sure if it turns out ok. Never played 2, never finished 1 past the would you kindly reveal, enjoyed Infinite from start to finish.

8. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 01:36 Kajetan

SlimRam wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 00:47:
I'm guessing this is more for the console crowd than anything?
Well ... there are enough PC players who would like to have an updated version of Bioshock 1/2 with proper widescreen/FOV support without config fiddling AND without constant crashes on modern Windows OS. 1 & 2 may run well on a Win 8/10 machine ... or not. I had troubles during a replay of Bioshock 2, especially with the Minerva addon.

7. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 00:47 SlimRam

Sempai wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 00:40:
"All grown up in 1080p!"

(Cough..already revisited them again in 4k@60fps.)

Agreed, when I first saw that they were releasing an updated version of the games I went back and installed the original Bioshock to play through it again and see how it holds up visually. I have to say that the original game, with all settings on max, and dialed up to 4k, still looks pretty damn good and it'll run at a decent framerate. I'm guessing this is more for the console crowd than anything?

6. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 00:40 Sempai

"All grown up in 1080p!"

(Cough..already revisited them again in 4k@60fps.)

5. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:30 Task

Fion wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 14:03:
OMG the game's gonna be in 1080p with 'up to 60 fps'? It's a whole new experience!

Oh my gooooooood!

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:25 nin

Wow, I can't read...

Looking forward to this!

3. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:08 Creston

in 1080p and up to 60 FPS*

*25fps on Xbox One.

2. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:03 Fion

OMG the game's gonna be in 1080p with 'up to 60 fps'? It's a whole new experience!  

1. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 13:38 Kajetan

Only the console versions of Bioshock Infinite are getting an upgrade, enhancing its graphics to the level the PC version already had three years ago.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >