Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Duke Nukem Countdown

Duke Nukem Website now has a countdown timer diligently ticking off the seconds until a week from tomorrow (thanks PCGamesN). There's no other clue about what's going on, but the most obvious assumption is that Gearbox is gearing up for another game in the shooter series. The developer ended up owner of the Duke IP after completing and releasing Duke Nukem Forever, which began as a 3D Realms project. We should know more about where this is going soon enough. At this rate the timer will hit zero on September 2nd at 8:30 pm EDT.
View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 17:04 ItBurn

shiho wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 17:00:
When Duke3D Megaton edition, aka "the definitive playable version" came out, without promised multiplayer, and then kept delaying and pushing it back, I predicted that they are stalling and will never have functional multiplayer.

The developer got pissed at me and banned me from Steam forum. Then, eons later, my cousin and I tried the alleged multiplayer. It was a buggy, laggy mess - and we lived in the same city.

Now they pulled that game from Steam store entirely, to erase the shame. Guess someone's trying again?

Meanwhile, I recall, there was one way to actually play Duke3D in co-op, and it was to install a very specific old stable version of eDuke32, but I don't recall the version number.

SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:27:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 04:44:
DSOGaming has already confirmed that this is just yet another re-release of Duke 3D, with some minor enhancements and new content.
Ah so it's not a remaster but more like a re-release? Balls...nevermind I guess

Don't know about Duke, but I play Blood with friends from time to time with no issues via the GOG version. It's pretty easy too, no need to install or configure anything. Since it's basically the same engine, I'm guessing duke works too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 17:00 shiho

When Duke3D Megaton edition, aka "the definitive playable version" came out, without promised multiplayer, and then kept delaying and pushing it back, I predicted that they are stalling and will never have functional multiplayer.

The developer got pissed at me and banned me from Steam forum. Then, eons later, my cousin and I tried the alleged multiplayer. It was a buggy, laggy mess - and we lived in the same city.

Now they pulled that game from Steam store entirely, to erase the shame. Guess someone's trying again?

Meanwhile, I recall, there was one way to actually play Duke3D in co-op, and it was to install a very specific old stable version of eDuke32, but I don't recall the version number.

DSOGaming has already confirmed that this is just yet another re-release of Duke 3D, with some minor enhancements and new content.

39. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 15:00 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 09:25:

And it probably would be that cel-shaded crap like Borderlands... which would piss me off.

THOU SHALT NOT SPAKE ILL OF BORDERLANDS!!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

38. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 14:59 jdreyer

At this rate the timer will hit zero on September 2nd at 8:30 pm EDT.

I didn't see the countdown timer. Is that for the year 2028? Any earlier would be out of character for them.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

37. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 11:46 Jackplug

Niether DN or HL3 will ever come out in our life times.  

36. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 10:07 MajorD

coolkev99 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:18:
Really? I think the world is utterly sick of waiting for Duke Nukem games. Should have just kelp quiet and told us next week without the teaser. Even just one delay now and people will revolt.

Which one are we more sick of waiting for, Duke Nukem games, or HL3?

Still counting...

35. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 09:54 Tumbler

Duke nukem remastered probably. Now in HD!

34. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 09:43 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:18:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:35:
I will not be polluting my body with this devils lettuce. A perfect 5 out of 7. Thanks Sapharo!

I don't get the 5/7 thing... Maybe we have a different sense of humor...

I think he meant to give it 5/5, and then, typo? Stupidity? Anyway he later states that he would give it a perfect score, which the other dude trolls supremely...:)

Thanks for explaining, I actually didn't get that he meant 5/5 I'm special. Still not that funny though :p

33. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 09:25 wtf_man

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 08:35:
Task wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 08:26:
Unless this is the Duke 3D remaster that was shut down by the big-wig hacks at Gearbox, I'm not interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took on the duties themselves and make produce their own sub par version.

And it probably would be that cel-shaded crap like Borderlands... which would piss me off.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

32. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 08:35 nin

Task wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 08:26:
Unless this is the Duke 3D remaster that was shut down by the big-wig hacks at Gearbox, I'm not interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took on the duties themselves and make produce their own sub par version.

31. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 08:26 Task

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

30. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 08:25 Ozmodan

so that means the new game might appear sometime in the 2020's or later?  

29. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 08:18 Pr()ZaC

More like an official, paid MOD. If the leaks are correct, I feel sorry for Gearbox.
I love DN3D but I didn't ask for this.

28. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 05:27 SlimRam

27. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 05:18 VaranDragon

ItBurn wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:35:
I will not be polluting my body with this devils lettuce. A perfect 5 out of 7. Thanks Sapharo!

I don't get the 5/7 thing... Maybe we have a different sense of humor...

I think he meant to give it 5/5, and then, typo? Stupidity? Anyway he later states that he would give it a perfect score, which the other dude trolls supremely...:)

26. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 05:13 shiho

Sepharo wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:15:
There's a whole series of screen capped posts of that one trolling the other on his facebook posts.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2Vvy9

Make sure to load the remaining 6 images too.

A low IQ individual being mocked by a medium IQ individual. Not sure who to feel sadder for.

25. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 05:08 vacs

I will buy it as I had lots of fun with DNF because I didn't expect anything. Good shooter, better than most, lots of humor, cool levels and good shooting. Can't wait to play through it again, hopefully in 3D Vision this time...

24. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 04:44 Jerykk

23. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 00:47 ItBurn

bigspender wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 00:25:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 00:10:
Polygon seems to think it's a Duke Nukem 3D remaster! I say,"You wanna dance?"

Yes, yes I do INDEED!

That would be alright. The levels really innovative, well at least for the time.

I'll take Duke's level design over 95% of shooters nowadays. I think this vid from totalbiscuit captures why: biscuit vid

22. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 00:25 bigspender

SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 00:10:
Polygon seems to think it's a Duke Nukem 3D remaster! I say,"You wanna dance?"

Yes, yes I do INDEED!

That would be alright. The levels really innovative, well at least for the time.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >