Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2016, 08:01 ForgedReality

Task wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 21:06:
Apparently you can't even do turn-based PokeMon battles in that game with other people, you know - one of the main points of the Nintendo games besides 'catchin' 'em all.
Apparently, that's a feature that has yet to be added, but is in the works, along with trading.

But I dunno. Zero interest to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 21:06 Task

Apparently you can't even do turn-based PokeMon battles in that game with other people, you know - one of the main points of the Nintendo games besides 'catchin' 'em all.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 15:31 Flatline

Pigeon wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 15:27:
The problems I see are as follows:

If you don't have easy access to a stop you're SOL. Your lucky if the distance tracker grabs half of what you actually do. The nearby thing doesn't really work. Many stops and gyms are in places that are dangerous or require trespassing. GPS spoofing is easy and makes most of the previously mentioned problems non-existant, but it ruins the game in other ways. The pay system is expensive when you considered how fast you would go through the materials (specially if you don't have access to a stop, aka players not in an urban area are screwed.)

Not to mention the thing eats my goddamn phone battery for lunch.

Plus I found it boring compared to geocaching.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 15:27 Pigeon

The problems I see are as follows:

If you don't have easy access to a stop you're SOL. Your lucky if the distance tracker grabs half of what you actually do. The nearby thing doesn't really work. Many stops and gyms are in places that are dangerous or require trespassing. GPS spoofing is easy and makes most of the previously mentioned problems non-existant, but it ruins the game in other ways. The pay system is expensive when you considered how fast you would go through the materials (specially if you don't have access to a stop, aka players not in an urban area are screwed.)

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:54 saluk

Yeah that 40 million was the fad phase, and we are moving into the more realistic phase. They should still be sweating though. Certainly a portion of those lost players would still be playing if the game wasn't 1) completely broken and 2) devoid of anything interesting to do beyond collect 'em all.  

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:32 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:40:
Nimh wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:19:
Didn't school start last week?

Yup. That's probably the biggest chunk of it right there.

They announced a Harry Potter Go in the last couple of days. You collect "fantastic beasts". My twenty something step-daughter lost her mind.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:27 jacobvandy

A lot of it is people getting [back] into the proper games, too, with 3DS sales exploding last month. Not only was it #1 in hardware, but 2-3 year old Pokemon games filled four slots of the top 20 in software. I'm sure they're raking it in with pre-sales of the new ones coming out this November, on top of that.  

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:21 jdreyer

Came here to comment, but you all seem to have it well in hand.  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:40 Creston

Nimh wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:19:

Yup. That's probably the biggest chunk of it right there.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:21 Cutter

You can expect most of those downloads are from casual gamers who want to see what all the hype is about. So they try it for a week or two, end up going 'Meh' and dumping it.

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:19 Nimh

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:07 descender

They went from 45 million to 30 million daily users... They may as well just fold up shop now. /S

Sure, a lot of people (myself included) merely downloaded it to see WTF it was all about... and a majority of that 10 mil they "lost" was probably that... but 30 million people is still the second or third largest gaming audience?

I'd be more interested to see how many people that actually spent money have stopped playing.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 12:52 Fion

Did anyone not see this coming? The 'most popular' pokemon game ever is also one of the worst.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 12:42 El Pit

Maybe Pokemon GeOcaching is not losing its luster, but 10 million users have blindly walked in front of cars, trucks, or rode their bikes over the cliff. It is called evolution, I understand.  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 11:53 Tipsy McStagger

Absolutely shocking that such a well designed game as pokemon go is losing so many players so quickly..
Rolleyes

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >