Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 23, 2016, 10:05 Bard

these days working in IT security is easy.

just say 'there is no IT security, just the illusion on one, thanks to the stupid dicks who think backdoors are 'good'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 22:52 Creston

Saboth wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 19:36:
Reminds me of my place of employment. Over 300 employees and they don't even have an HR person. They figure they'll just "get by".

I worked at a place with 1500 employees, and they had a HUNDRED fucking HR people. That was the exact opposite. None of them ever did a fucking thing, and then when the energy sector went into the tank, they fired 50% of the IT department, and replaced them with...? Yep, the HR people.

Somehow the place is still in operation, though I doubt it'll last much longer. You can only keep selling all your assets and laying off 10% of your workforce to make your balance sheet look decent for another quarter.

Anyway, fuck all those HR pissants.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 19:36 Saboth

Reminds me of my place of employment. Over 300 employees and they don't even have an HR person. They figure they'll just "get by". They pay bare-minimum wages for management positions, then wonder why projects take 2x longer than they should, or thousands of dollars in screw ups happen daily. For floor workers, you can make more just working at Subway or Burger King, and probably with better benefits, yet they demand 100% perfection at all times.  

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 17:05 Cutter

And yet assholes like Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman lose billions and still gets to walk with a 72 million dollar golden parachute. Hang the rich!

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 16:28 Brazor

It's like when Cisco made a push in the late 90s for IT experts. A lot of people were hired for tech support instead after all the crap certifications.

They don't want to take something seriously until they have something happen to them that makes them spend the money they were trying to save.

Let them suffer!

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 11:01 eRe4s3r

Hard to attract them if you pay them a shit wage...  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo