Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans

Hello Games has an extensive post on Steam about the PC edition of No Man's Sky. This includes details on all three patches they've released for the space exploration game. They introduce the post with an overview of the release and word on plans for another major patch. The new update should enter testing this week. Here's word:
Since No Man’s Sky on PC released last Friday the team has been incredibly busy. We’ve gathered all the support requests to support@hellogames.co.uk, but we’re also tracking posts on Steam, GoG, Reddit and anywhere we can find online.

Right now the team is fully focused on categorising and fixing support issues in order of priority, based on the number of people they are affecting. The information and crash dumps you’ve posted have been indispensable in helping us track down and fix these issues.
We’ve now released 3 patches, and hopefully they really improve the experience for everybody. As you can see it’s been a huge amount of work for a small team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Next week expect at least one more major update, which will enter testing on Monday once we finish working on it this weekend. Once all our support requests have been answered then we can begin improving the game with new features :)
View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:04 Flatline

Reactor wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 01:23:
It's amazing how much refund dummy spitting is going on about this game. $60 is hardly a massive sum of money (for anyone that chose to buy it in the first place) and the game has plenty to see past the two hour mark. If the game didn't work for you, fair enough. But that said, a little patience and a patch later and you might have been up and running quick smart.

To be fair, a little patience and a few patches later, and the game probably will be had for 30 bucks instead of 60. Why should I give devs more money than a game is worth and then not play it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:03 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 18:15:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 16:39:
I am still shocked that people were so hyped(this was supposedly most hyped game ever) over this pile of garbage. I never followed this much or even knew its coming, but after I seen it, I am wondering how did this get so much hype? lol Its pure pile of garbage.

Because you can go from planet to planet, land on planet, no load screens. It is basically god just being able to do that... they act like.

I remember when Dungeon Siege was big news because it had no loading screens once you got into the game.

47. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 25, 2016, 01:02 Flatline

Rigs wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:16:
Angry Joe just put up his review (yesterday) and...pretty much summed up everything that's been said so far from each side and corner of every camp surrounding this game. I don't think anyone can really put this whole disaster into better terms. He got me to the point that >I< wanted to march right over to 'Hello Games', grab Sean Murray and shake the shit out of him, asking 'What the fuck were you thinking, man?!? Where's the rest of the game?!'...*points to the trailers playing on screen* 'Where is that game?!?'

Check it if you haven't already... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

=-Rigs-=

On the other side of things there's a kotaku article about how it's the public's fault for building up NMS to be some kind of ultimate god game. It pretty much glosses over the years worth of promises and demos on screen that the devs put out and blames players for expecting things they were told repeatedly would be there, as well as what was shown in demos.

It was insulting, smug, and pissed me off. I don't even own the game and I feel like the article managed to insult me. So I scrolled up to see who wrote it.

Seeing Nathan Grayson's name there suddenly made it make a lot more sense. I think the dude hates the industry he works in.

46. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 24, 2016, 18:15 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 16:39:
I am still shocked that people were so hyped(this was supposedly most hyped game ever) over this pile of garbage. I never followed this much or even knew its coming, but after I seen it, I am wondering how did this get so much hype? lol Its pure pile of garbage.

Because you can go from planet to planet, land on planet, no load screens. It is basically god just being able to do that... they act like.

45. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 24, 2016, 16:39 KilrathiAce

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

44. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 23, 2016, 01:23 Reactor

It's amazing how much refund dummy spitting is going on about this game. $60 is hardly a massive sum of money (for anyone that chose to buy it in the first place) and the game has plenty to see past the two hour mark. If the game didn't work for you, fair enough. But that said, a little patience and a patch later and you might have been up and running quick smart.  

43. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 22:53 Total-Khaos

saluk wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:56:
It's a great game... for me to poop on!

But seriously, for having literally zero expectations and never seeing any evidence of the game that so many seemed to think it was going to be (I guess my bs meter is so strong that I don't even consider the prerelease info to be bs), I am having a good time. 20 hours so far, and it's easily worth 30$. I'm interested in whether or not they can improve the game and make it something a little more than the fractal explorer it mostly is.

Despite being critically underwhelming and disappointing many fans, for some reason it is still doing quite well on the charts. So I hope they take their profits and do something worthwhile with them. There is a strong base her if they focus on gameplay. Maybe in a year it can be worth 60$

Too bad they don't show you refund charts in addition to sales charts. Everyone I know has purchased the game on Steam, myself included, played for less than two hours, then refunded the game. My PS4 counterparts are left going WTF while we point and laugh at them.

42. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 18:56 saluk

It's a great game... for me to poop on!

But seriously, for having literally zero expectations and never seeing any evidence of the game that so many seemed to think it was going to be (I guess my bs meter is so strong that I don't even consider the prerelease info to be bs), I am having a good time. 20 hours so far, and it's easily worth 30$. I'm interested in whether or not they can improve the game and make it something a little more than the fractal explorer it mostly is.

Despite being critically underwhelming and disappointing many fans, for some reason it is still doing quite well on the charts. So I hope they take their profits and do something worthwhile with them. There is a strong base her if they focus on gameplay. Maybe in a year it can be worth 60$

41. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 18:16 Rigs

Angry Joe just put up his review (yesterday) and...pretty much summed up everything that's been said so far from each side and corner of every camp surrounding this game. I don't think anyone can really put this whole disaster into better terms. He got me to the point that >I< wanted to march right over to 'Hello Games', grab Sean Murray and shake the shit out of him, asking 'What the fuck were you thinking, man?!? Where's the rest of the game?!'...*points to the trailers playing on screen* 'Where is that game?!?'

Check it if you haven't already... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

=-Rigs-=

40. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 18:11 loomy

Bub wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 07:48:
This guy had the Molyneux, Chris Roberts, long con down pat. I recognized this early on, and tried to warn people, but there is a sucker born every minute. This guys spin is to actually deliver a turd, but continue to promise they are going to polish it into a diamond.

this would make perfect sense if both those guys hadn't made a bunch of popular games, and if no man's sky wasn't so popular. NMS is missing stuff, but that doesn't mean people aren't playing it, or are not having fun

39. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 17:17 DangerDog

Rigs wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 15:09:
Having said all that, I don't know why people just won't let it go? It sucked, it wasn't what we wanted (or needed). It happens (all the damn time). Listing all the stuff that we thought it would have isn't going to bring that stuff back. HG/Sony will just release some half-assed response blaming gamers for expecting too much and not understanding what they were selling. End of story. They don't care.

Two things really, people are still being duped into buying it based on the fake ass trailers. Hell, even up on the main Steam page it's full of false advertising.

Until Sean Murray gives a real answer as to where is the game he was talking about and showing off all this time people aren't going to let it go, nor should they.

secondly, everyone still wants to play that game.

38. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 15:26 [SC]TherMight

I'm also still enjoying it from launch date on PS4.

The game gives you enough motivation to stop at a few places on planets as you swing through. Certain resources and upgrades are needed.

So that's incentive enough to go out and see some really beautiful and sometimes hilarious flora and fauna and land layouts.

This weekend I intentionally left my ship behind while being chased by sentinels grabbing $$$ Graviton spheres to see how long I could last. It was scary and thrilling and I knew I was coming away with a few million credits of fat loot at the same time. Eventually found a ship call beacon after many close calls and a couple nasty deaths.

I have all 48 exosuit slots a 25 slot ship and am about 4 atlas stops from end of game. I probably don't care enough about NMS to platinum it unless they add some interesting DLC later. After I finish though I WILL return to the 97% progress I am stuck on with Dark Souls III!

37. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 15:09 Rigs

Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux. He's attempting to string everyone along with the promise of new content. But his Sony bosses will pull the plug on that and nobody should be buying this game because of all the lies and misrepresentations all gathered here for your convenience:

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Well, that's depressing. I noticed that the freighters weren't moving in my latest playthrough and thought maybe it was just where I was? Then I jumped and nope! I'd forgotten about that sand planet and the giant worm/snake. Fuck. And has anyone seen a big freighter/cruiser ship crashed on the planet like was shown in the trailer? I haven't found anything bigger than a crashed fighter that you can fix up. I was really looking forward to exploring those wrecks ala SW: Ep.7, Rey-style.

There are also no large structures like we were shown, nor any buildings with moving parts. The planets are populated with small, identical buildings with no dynamic features. There are also no crashed freighters to explore.

Aww! Dammit.

Plus I've never seen any other ships take off from the ground that wasn't an outpost or landing pad, like you see in some screens and trailers. In fact, several ships will sit and circle a pad if there's another ship sitting on the pad until it leaves. (Or your ship is there) I once had like five ships circling around, waiting. They wouldn't land anywhere else.

Having said all that, I don't know why people just won't let it go? It sucked, it wasn't what we wanted (or needed). It happens (all the damn time). Listing all the stuff that we thought it would have isn't going to bring that stuff back. HG/Sony will just release some half-assed response blaming gamers for expecting too much and not understanding what they were selling. End of story. They don't care.

Instead, I invite everyone to go and buy Empyrion! Seriously, this game is awesome! I've sunk so many hours into it, it's crazy. You can build any damn ship you want and any kind of base you want. The gun play is getting better. There's no trading or NPC's yet but it's coming. Personally, just building and surviving and mining are enough right now anyway. The enemy aliens are tough and the drones are tough (and a royal pain in the ass!). In fact, right now I've been trying to find a way to kill a drone base but when I even get close I get splattered like a big white-armored bug on a windshield...lol...I was thinking of maybe drilling my way underground into the facility (which is an actual option). Put NMS (and your anger) away and grab Empyrion! It was just on sale for $10 until noon today but it's only $20 normally anyway. Well, WELL worth it! Tell them Rigs sent ya! (Not that they know me or care )

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2016, 16:52.

36. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 13:47 HorrorScope

Jackplug wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 05:53:
So what your all saying is that this game is completely an utterly fucking boring as shit. After listening to all the reviews and stuff, it does sound so fucking boring.

Some will think that, I have others saying they love it. Go figure opinions.

35. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 13:43 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 01:50:
Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux.
He can't be that bad

He isn't that bad, because at worse, he's only done it for one game.

Personally I didn't find that guy all that likeable, which is fine, I don't judge games on devs makeup.

I always get a good chuckle out of Angry Reviews. But riddle me this, a game that is so massive, he does a little here and there and he doesn't see some of the things that were promised. Is it very possible he hasn't played enough? Perhaps it does exist further in? He went to the center of the universe using some speed-run method, is it possible something on his character didn't qualify for it and why he was pulled away? I mean he could be right, but can we say without a doubt some of the things he didn't see don't exist if played correctly and longer? I dunno...

34. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 13:42 HorrorScope

fujiJuice wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:49:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 16:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:39:
http://www.githyp.com/no-mans-sky-has-lost-78-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-week-on-steam/

Right because it falls right along with about 20 other games that are these explore/survival games that are unfinished. Yes this is 1.0 but I'm sure they have so many features they want to add, that many other games in the same state would have just called themselves Early Access. The one difference is save games from a released game vs early access are completely different, they will need to keep compatibility.

How many of those are $60?

One of my two very solid reason on why I didn't buy it. I can't help people with cash and not enough sense to check, esp those that frequent game sites. We all knew this one here. Did he lie? Yes and smirked off other claims. But we knew, I hope you weren't one that got caught.

33. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 08:59 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 08:49:
If ED is a $60 game NMS would be in the $20 range. I think one of the single biggest issue this game has is it's price tag.
Totally agree. Although I did pre-purchase NMS (after talking to a friend who was hyped about the game) but I got a refund from Steam after I was one of the people who had serious problems -- I couldn't get the game to launch. I still want to play but I'll wait until the price comes down...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

32. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 08:49 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 08:41:
I'm intrigued by NMS, but I think they are clearly different types of games.
Yes they are. NMS is like ED light. More Arcade geared towards simple controls and super simple gameplay.
If ED is a $60 game NMS would be in the $20 range.
I think one of the single biggest issue this game has is it's price tag.

Steam: SpectralMeat

31. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 08:41 Mr. Tact

Bumpy wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 17:02:
Meh, they can patch for several months. Just purchased Elite Dangerous instead.
ED is a good game. I'd guess I put 400+ hours into it, maybe more. I'm intrigued by NMS, but I think they are clearly different types of games.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

30. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 07:48 Bub

This guy had the Molyneux, Chris Roberts, long con down pat. I recognized this early on, and tried to warn people, but there is a sucker born every minute. This guys spin is to actually deliver a turd, but continue to promise they are going to polish it into a diamond.  

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >