Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Valve lists a full 10 games in their recap of the bestselling titles on Steam last week. Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars. Here's this week's countdown:

1. No Man's Sky
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  5. RimWorld
  6. Dead by Daylight
  7. Just Cause 3 XL
  8. F1 2016
  9. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  10. Starbound
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2016, 16:22 MeanJim

Dirty Butler wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 20:52:
I preordered from GMG and already have a key and have the game loaded on steam. Not that it answers your question at all, just sayin.

I got my key today and it is indeed a pre-order key. I was a bit worried for a while. I've never used this store before, but it was a good deal. They're owned by 11-bit Studios, which developed This War of Mine and others, so I figured they could be trusted. They even gave me a 10% off code for anything, even already discounted games, to apologize for the delay.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2016, 14:59 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 18:11:
And NMS doesn't deserve to even be on that list imo...
Remember the days when Call of Duty DOMINATED the Steam charts. Things are getting better step by step.

Also, we dont know how high the return rate is on NMS. It might be that they loose three, four copies for every ten copies they sell. Might be not.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2016, 13:30 Creston

jimnms wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 02:49:
I thought it was kind of weird how you're this big-shot security guy and you start out broke and the only money you ever get is what you loot from your enemies, and your boss at the start only gives you the choice between a revolver or a stun gun and a tiny bit of ammo for that first mission.

Yeah, Sarif is definitely a miserly bastard.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2016, 02:49 MeanJim

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 22:47:
IIRC they said that they did away with the silly pre-order shit that they had going for awhile, and everyone who bought it would just get all the typical stuff such as the extra mission. Obviously the Limited edition etc still gets more, but all the basic pre-order stuff should be included.

Even if you miss it, it probably won't really amount to anything. The extra mission for DE:HR (rescuing Tong's kid) was pathetic. Literally a single room added onto a sewer with four guards and a cell in it.

The store page for DX:MD shows the following bonuses for pre-ordering:
  • “Desperate Measures” extra in-game mission
  • Covert Agent Pack (Intruder Gear, Enforcer Gear and Classic Gear + 1 Praxis Kit + 1000 Credits)
  • Digital Novella
  • Digital Comic Book
  • Digital Artbook
  • Digital OST Sampler

• I thought the pre-order content for DX:HR varied depending on where you bought it. I thought you got some starting money, some of those hacking devices and different starting weapon depending on the retailer. I thought these were later released as DLC. I didn't pre-order so I didn't get any of that. I thought it was kind of weird how you're this big-shot security guy and you start out broke and the only money you ever get is what you loot from your enemies, and your boss at the start only gives you the choice between a revolver or a stun gun and a tiny bit of ammo for that first mission.

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 22:47 Creston

jimnms wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 19:52:
    Does anyone know if the pre-order mission with DX:MD is going to be released later? I remember there being some backlash about some of the pre-order stuff a while back and they changed it. For some reason I remember reading that the pre-order mission would be a timed exclusive and be released for everyone later, but I can't seem to find any recent info about it.

I'm asking because I pre-ordered DX:MD a couple of weeks ago from Games Republic, but there is still no Steam key in my games list on the site. I then saw comments on their store page from other people saying that it's not a pre-order like you get in other places with the stupid bonus stuff, but just a pre-order of the final retail game.

I only pre-order stuff if I find a good deal on it, and I got it from Games Republic for $39.99 which is a good deal. GMG has the real pre-order for only $5 more. I'm tempted to request a refund and buy it from GMG.

IIRC they said that they did away with the silly pre-order shit that they had going for awhile, and everyone who bought it would just get all the typical stuff such as the extra mission. Obviously the Limited edition etc still gets more, but all the basic pre-order stuff should be included.

Even if you miss it, it probably won't really amount to anything. The extra mission for DE:HR (rescuing Tong's kid) was pathetic. Literally a single room added onto a sewer with four guards and a cell in it.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 20:52 Dirty Butler

Does anyone know if the pre-order mission with DX:MD is going to be released later? I remember there being some backlash about some of the pre-order stuff a while back and they changed it. For some reason I remember reading that the pre-order mission would be a timed exclusive and be released for everyone later, but I can't seem to find any recent info about it.

I'm asking because I pre-ordered DX:MD a couple of weeks ago from Games Republic, but there is still no Steam key in my games list on the site. I then saw comments on their store page from other people saying that it's not a pre-order like you get in other places with the stupid bonus stuff, but just a pre-order of the final retail game.

I only pre-order stuff if I find a good deal on it, and I got it from Games Republic for $39.99 which is a good deal. GMG has the real pre-order for only $5 more. I'm tempted to request a refund and buy it from GMG.

I preordered from GMG and already have a key and have the game loaded on steam. Not that it answers your question at all, just sayin.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 20:13 Task

Does anyone know if the pre-order mission with DX:MD is going to be released later?

I don't see why it wouldn't be released. Pre-order stuff is just a gimmick anyways. I think its highly likely as purchasable DLC or included in the inevitable, later 'ultimate' complete edition.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
    Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 19:52 MeanJim

MeanJim on Steam

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 19:01 Emton

I don't see how NMS is at the top again unless it's because Sean Murray is buying a lot of copies  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 18:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 14:48:
    Rimworld needs a Tossed Salad DLC.

And NMS doesn't deserve to even be on that list imo...

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 14:48 Cutter

Rimworld needs a Tossed Salad DLC.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >