Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation

This video offers the Gamescom presentation for Star Citizen. Or as the tortuous description reads, "Here's the LIVE version excerpt of our upcoming game play demo from our Gamescom 2016 presentation." The clip runs a whopping 52 minutes, showing gameplay recorded live from the show stage. During the presentation, Chris Roberts says to expect version 2.5 of the early access space game next week. He also reveals that version 2.7 is expected by the end of September, and version 3.0 should come by the end of October.

View
106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

46. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 02:33 Julian Delphiki

Slashman wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 00:29:
Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 23:28:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 22:01:

Spoken like someone who has splurged way to much cash on pictures of internet spaceships.

You in deep bro?

Spoken like a jealous person with no ambitions in life. Bravo, sir. What's it to you what other people have spent their money on? No one's sticking it to you when you spend money on something that you think is important but they can't see the value in. It's called disposable income. Everyone is free to spend it on anything they want. If you want more, then get a better paying job.

Hi there 5 post suspect with all of them being in SC threads. I'm completely sure you're not a paid shill or anything.

Yeah, because stating an obvious fact should be completely ignored unless someone spends 8 hours a day trolling the comments on a game site. You sound like you fit into the category of the first individual I responded to. I'll let you re-read that statement knowing that it applies to you. Also, since you obviously lack any sense of logic or reason, I'll just point out to you that if I were being paid to post pro SC comments, I'd sure be making a lot more than 5 comments. I'm sure you'd call that a good day's work, but in the real world that's not even up to a homeless millennial's standards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 02:23 CJ_Parker

OK now that I have had time to watch the entire 01:35:24 presentation, I have even more seriously got to wonder about some of the reactions.

First, as I said before... it is very noticeable that they are tiptoeing around the issue of a true persistent and massively multiplayer environment. Seriously. Chris has effectively confirmed that there will be no other star system before 3.0 (while 3.0 is tentatively scheduled for the end of this year).
It will all be in the current Stanton system and some of what they had originally planned for Nyx will now actually be moved into Stanton to be able to deliver it sooner.

This in spite of his Gamescom 2015 claim that the "plan" is to release the "full PU" (his words) by the end of 2016.
You know... "full PU", which according to the $6 million stretch goal is 100 star systems "at launch". We are literally at LESS THAN 1% of that since Stanton is not even fucking finished and there isn't a SINGLE fucking gameplay system fully implemented!

So much for the credibility of a Mr. Roberts and a quick...

Reality check: They still have no instancing system/MMO basic mechanics. They still have no travel mechanics where you can travel with a ship and/or character from system to system. They have nothing at all in that regard. They also have zero gameplay systems finalized and/or working within a true MMO context.

All of this in spite of the fact that Tony Zurovec (Director of the Persistent Universe) promised us a "whole slew of other systems soon" in December 2015 or said that they would "by spring/summer [2016] just keep iteratively increasing, increasing, increasing that number of players and NPCs that you are going to put into a single instance".

Reality check: We're stuck with a single star system and a single instance with a 24 player max limit since early 2016. There has been absolutely no increase (and especially no "increasing, increasing, increasing" as per TonyZ's words) to anything in spring or summer whatsoever. No additional players/systems... nothing. at. all.

Feel free to keep cheering about the pretty graffix and the pretty ship JPEGs though. That's gonna be helping a lot. And please make sure to drop another grand on this game. I mean how can anyone not see how this is heading into the totoally right direction and making exactly the progress they have promised since launch or in the last 12 months?

44. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 00:29 Slashman

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 23:28:

Spoken like someone who has splurged way to much cash on pictures of internet spaceships.

You in deep bro?

Spoken like a jealous person with no ambitions in life. Bravo, sir. What's it to you what other people have spent their money on? No one's sticking it to you when you spend money on something that you think is important but they can't see the value in. It's called disposable income. Everyone is free to spend it on anything they want. If you want more, then get a better paying job.

Hi there 5 post suspect with all of them being in SC threads. I'm completely sure you're not a paid shill or anything.

43. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 00:14 NicklePop

Wow.

The dream game is happening.

Ron Paul gif.

Shockingly awesome, good job Star Citizen devs.

42. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 23:30 NasWulf

you only wish i was "in deep" bra, as i see it's an easy cop-out for you to slander people interested in what SC Tech and game play will bring to PC gaming. Simple minded people tend to use deflection when they can't come up with anything else constructive to say.  

41. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 23:28 Julian Delphiki

You in deep bro?

40. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 22:01 Kosumo

NasWulf wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 20:05:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 19:00:
Was it awe inspiring to me? Nah.

no game to date has done the different game types, graphical fidelity, and ambition of SC has shown ... awe inspiring? SC pushes the PC in new directions with its Tech and ambition, that should be awe inspiring to anyone in the game developing world ... the more I read these forums the more I lol at the comments.

... cracks me the F up.

You in deep bro?

39. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 21:35 Vall Forran

Looks like it's come a long way since the last time I've played it. All the systems look very cool, but I think there's too many of them. The zero-g fps part is like Titanfall, but there's no way they can put the resources into that to make the gameplay that slick and visceral.

The shooting still seems way off. I know CR has a boner for physically accurate projectiles, but that basically means that 19 out of 20 shots miss (at least how it's implemented in the game now). I noticed that the gameplay video kept cutting during fights to get to the end quicker, both ship and fps. At least the fucking missiles work now...

The space stations and ships are amazing.

38. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 21:06 SlimRam

NasWulf wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 20:05:

no game to date has done the different game types, graphical fidelity, and ambition of SC has shown ... awe inspiring? SC pushes the PC in new directions with its Tech and ambition, that should be awe inspiring to anyone in the game developing world ... the more I read these forums the more I lol at the comments.

... cracks me the F up.

24 of your 25 posts have been in Star Citizen threads. THAT cracks me the F up...

37. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:57 HorrorScope

Mordhaus wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 17:57:
2. The new Metallica video dropped and it is AMAZING! Who can be mad at a time like this?

Not enough FOV in that video.

36. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:54 Peeeling

Videos like these make me want to go and hide in a hole somewhere until it's all over.  

35. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:36 eRe4s3r

For the claim that it will be absolutely mind blowing graphically, I have to say combat looks the exact opposite, the ship wreck however was top notch.. the combat inside.. was twitchy unstable and incoherent random garbage.

Always wanted to shoot 30 shots at an enemy so he dies, with no impact effects or anything.. meh ;p

34. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:05 NasWulf

... cracks me the F up.

33. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 19:00 wtf_man

I don't know... I guess for me, it was good to see a cohesive start to finish mission with a secondary mission.

But like I said... if it plays that decent in Squadron 42, I'll be satisfied for my measly original $25 backing.

/shrug

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

32. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:41 Overon

They probably spent 6 months working on just that demo.  

31. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:29 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 16:24:
Linksil wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 12:48:
It is slightly disturbing to see them playing this is a controller on the PC though instead of mouse/keyboard and flightstick.

CR did that in the pitch video, years ago. He used a 360 pad.

Yep. Or this unforgettable nugget from a couple years ago.

Chris Roberts: "This is bullshit".

Probably the first and only time during SC's entire development that CR has opened his mouth and actually spoken the truth!

30. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:15 Kosumo

Totally agree with CJ_Parker on this one.

That presentation looked good, form the graphics side of things but the gameplay was totally average - the space combat was plan and dull, the fps parts where way below average and the structure of the quest, with having to go see the guy in a bar, during which you must use a left, that Chris Roberts creamed himself over explaining how it worked like a real lift, well, how much fun is it waiting for a lift both on your way there and when you are leaving.

Also the way how that spaceship behaved while in the atmosphere was laughable, following the guy in the lift while it rolled, with no sense of weight or inertia, more like magic than real physic.

While this does show that they are working on getting their ducks in a row, it's a long way form starting to line up in my opinion.

They still have a massive way to go, I look forward to seeing how this work when in the hands of the backers with more than 4 players in it.

I'll give them a 7 out of 10 for the video but to me history has shown they have problems converting these trailers to an actual playable, fun, public build.

None of this justifies the money they have been charging for concepts of ships (dlc) to an unrelest game.

29. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:11 CJ_Parker

vvenaya wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:23:
Odd. Where are the usual nay-sayers / Black knights ? finally realizing that SC may actually happen ?

What exactly is "happening" except for flashy trailers?

The current alpha takes place in a SINGLE INSTANCE with a 24 player limit and it is crashing/disconnecting like crazy. It does not even have an instancing system which is the very basics barebone and backbone of any MMO.

At the same time it is lacking every single complex gameplay system that will add load to the servers. There isn't a single gameplay system except for rudimentary combat/EVA and racing in the game yet. The missing list includes off the top of my head: Trading, smuggling, bounty-hunting, exploring, mining, salvaging, SAR, passenger transports, science/research, capital ship gameplay, refueling, reconnaissance, electronic warfare, information running and more.

Welp, what do you think will happen once they put these systems in the game with regard to the max number of players, especially when they open this up and also implement an instancing system for true multiplayer and persistence? What will likely happen to a game that is already struggling with stability and connections when there is only 24 players in a single instance? Hm? What?

Right. The game will only "happen" once all of these gameplay systems are playable within the game with full persistence across the promised 100 star systems (plus every other stretch goal fully implemented and working) and a reasonable max player limit per instance that actually warrants calling this a multiplayer game.

That is when we can begin talking about it "actually happening". Not a minute before that... and we have many, many, many fucktons of minutes to go before we get anywhere near there, my friend.

28. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:10 Cutter

Same garbage as 2 years ago. Empty FPS in space. Land on barren planets? Oohh that should be even more fun than NMS! Rolleyes The saddest part are the SC fanboys fapping away in the crowd and for the comments about it. Anyone who's given that conman is an absolute fool.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

27. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:07 Slick

someone should teach this fool how build numbers are supposed to work.

*hint*, if the game isn't released yet, it's not 1.0 yet.

Pop quiz hotshot! A game that's not yet playable from beginning to end would qualify as what?

a) version 2.5 of a product
b) version 1.0 of a product (gone gold)
c) beta
d) alpha
e) pre-alpha

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >