Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month

The Toxikk website announces a September 9th release date for TOXIKK, the upcoming first-person shooter. After 20 months of early access, they are polishing the throwback game for release. REAKKTOR STUDIOS celebrates the news with this release date trailer and a new Making of TOXIKK trailer. They also announce plans for a free trial version coming at the same time. The developer explains this will be a demo, but they are avoiding that term because of Steam restrictions. Here's word:

HOW'S THE FREE EDITION NOT F2P?
FREE TO PLAY is giving the base game away for free and then LETTING YOU PURCHASE LITTLE CHUNKS OF IT FOREVER (cosmetic and/or gameplay affecting items). For many reasons, we have a deep antipathy against micro-transaction fueled business models.

But if we let you FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999, why not also give you a demo like it's 1999? The idea behind shareware and demos may be a bit out of fashion (just like Arena FPS in general), but there really isn't anything more transparent to let you experience a game. And if you like it, you pay once and get the FULL GAME with ALL its features, customization options etc.

IF IT'S A DEMO, WHY NOT CALL IT A DEMO?
The term DEMO has a defined meaning on STEAM that comes with specific technical restrictions. E.g. people who play a demo on STEAM cannot play online against people who own the full game. Which is obviously far from optimal for a multiplayer game.

Plus, THE FREE EDITION OF TOXIKK IS A LOT MORE THAN JUST A DEMO: It comes with the full core experience, has no competitive disadvantages versus the FULL GAME and let's you play TOXIKK for free for as long and often as you like.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 11:04 4D-Boxing

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 11:36:
bout time. I've been in early access for 2.5 out of the last 2.5 years ^_^

Same here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 07:19 ViRGE

Yay! I've been waiting for this for what seems like forever. I'm glad it's finally nearing completion. It's looking great.  

4. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 11:49 Kajetan

Rilcon wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 09:07:
So, it's basically Unreal Tournament but made today?
The way they describe it and the "demo". Yes. It it UT done today.

I say that as a good thing.
It is.

Sadly i got so bad at playing anything remotely fast, that it really will be like UT, when you just started with MP shooters and got your ass kicked all over

3. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 11:36 Slick

bout time. I've been in early access for 2.5 out of the last 2.5 years ^_^  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

2. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 09:07 Rilcon

So, it's basically Unreal Tournament but made today?

I say that as a good thing.

1. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 19, 2016, 20:44 jdreyer

Hats off to these guys. This game looks fun, and I support their choices RE microtransactions and bots/single player. Not into EA but I'll be picking this up after launch.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo