Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

No Man's Sky Released

No Man's Sky is now available for Windows PCs. The GeForce website celebrates the release with PC graphics settings and some 4K screenshots. Reviews of the space game on Steam are currently "mixed" after over 10K responses, a turnaround since they skewed worse at first. Some of the negative write-ups mention performance issues, and the NMS website looks to address these. Here's word:

Sorry you are having issues on PC. Let’s try to resolve your problem. Let’s just check some things first…

*Firstly do you meet our min spec?*
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870
Storage: 10 GB available space
*Requires OpenGL 4.5, Intel cards are not supported.
*Core 2 CPUs and below are not supported

*Secondly, have you updated your drivers for your GFX card?*
AMD
nVidia

*Thirdly, have you restarted Steam and No Man’s Sky?*
We just updated moments ago to include the VC++ Redist 2010 (which was causing many issues).

*Still having problems?*
Please mail support@hellogames.co.uk with the following three details…

1) Specify the issue you are having.
2) Please list your PC Spec:
Processor: []
Memory: []
Graphics: []

3) If you are having a crash a crash dump will most likely be put into this folder:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp
(it will be called something like NMS_crash_1471005374.dmp)

Please attach this to the email sent to support@hellogames.co.uk .

View
97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

97. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 30, 2016, 20:24 spyconaut

I feel bad if your lsd tastes like a metal dirty sock, because real lsd has no taste whatsoever, yoh are eating 25i my friend, find the real stuff my friend, way better n cleaner, n this game is amazing when your feeling right :-)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

96. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 15, 2016, 12:13 Mr. Tact

All depends on what get generated on the planet, right? Who knows, maybe this guy made a 1 in a million roll on the available materials on his starter planet. *shrug*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

95. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 15, 2016, 04:03 jdreyer

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 17:47:
Holy shit...

https://imgur.com/a/KI7RL

LOL. That's just wrong. Shouldn't be able to do that on the starter planet!

On the other hand, I'm reminded of the old Burger King slogan "Have it your way!" So I guess they're just giving people options, and letting people choose?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

94. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 17:47 nin

Holy shit...

https://imgur.com/a/KI7RL

93. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 14:35 nin

Kxmode wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 02:56:
Hey, question. I know 48 is the max ExoSuit slots. If I come across drop pods will can I keep buying slots?

Well, they get more expensive. And eventually, on a given planet, it stopped showing me droppods and instead listed other shelter. So I guess there's only so many you can get per planet?

Also read that (at least at current patch, this could be adjusted at any time) - those chips you use to power the orange beams (I forget the names)? You'll make more money selling those chips than selling the two resources it takes to craft them. So for right now, that's another money maker...

I've seen some 2.5 million credit ships with 25+ slots I'd like to own.

92. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:58 Paranoid Jack

heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 10:16:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 08:50:
Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Let us know how it is after about 5 hours of gameplay time.

I think I played the game for about 5-8 hours yesterday, by the end of my session it was zen, like I could taste old LSD in my mouth (like a metallic dirty sock). Came across a space anomaly with 2 creatures (instead of 1, WHOA!!) in it whom pointed me back en route to my mission and finally gave me a fucking AtlasPassv1. I'm wondering if there will be more surprises after this point, besides getting to the Center. Still enjoying it, haven't been this immersed in a game in a while.

Though, holy shit, if you like "zen" gaming then I think the first time you breakthrough into a cave system in Minecraft is like the Brian Eno of gaming, at least for me it was a powerful gaming moment; procedural greatness with the accompaniment of brilliant music, sound and the tools to do whatever....

So the AtlasPassv1 is not at the center of the Universe?

91. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:54 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Well said! +1

90. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:44 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 04:11:
I'm enjoying it.

Had an issue with framerate, but set the cap at unlimited and as TB mentioned in his video I turned everything to low and then back to high and haven't had any major issues except when flying along the surface for long perios of time the game will studder for a second to load up more terrain.

Only on my 2nd planet (barren, no animals, and no hyperdrive yet) and I've spent about 5 hours just looking for upgrades (inventory/ship/multi-tool).

I'm enjoying it. But make no mistake it's a mining game with spaceships.

I bought No Man's Sky because I saw that Elf was playing it on Steam... thanks Half Elf! LoL, no really. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Though I went in with little to no expectations. I saw it as Minecraft meets Elite Dangerous. I played Elite and tried all the different career options, bought three ships, upgraded them and got bored. Have not played Elite since they added planetary landings which looks bad on the few videos I have seen. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong there.

That said I am running the game and running it well. At 4k mind you... 4096 x 2160. Yes, it has some horrible optimization issues. But I am still enjoying it for what it is. One caveat, I skipped Spore. Yes, Elite is a bit better on the flight mechanic as far as I remember. Still I think out of the gate NMS is a better game. As they continue to support the game I think it will be a much better game just as Elite is now years after it's early release.

I have played just over twenty hours now. I spent half that time on my starter planet. I have visited four planets and a space station. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I have bought my fourth ship and left two abandon ships where I found them because they were not better than what I already had bought. I have done a lot of trading and currently stand at 1.25 million units of credit after spending millions on ships already, d'Oh. I have taken out almost a hundred drones. I love how they call reinforcements and bigger and better drones join the fight. There is a wanted system just like GTA. I had it up to three or four stars because I was hiding in a cave with my crap starter weapon. No I didn't pre-order. Now that I have a much better weapon at my current location I am able to destroy drones with no worries. The weapon options are nicely varied though somewhat limited so far to mining, grenades, and bolt caster. I favor the plasma grenade options currently. A bit tricky to hit a moving drone yet fun. My mining laser upgrade can easily take out the current drones also. I wish there were options to steal an alien's ship. You can commit crime by breaking and entering buildings though I have not tried that yet. Not even sure you can have more than one save game?

Sorry to see so many are having issues booting it. I have an older system with a Nvida 970. I can list my specs if anyone really needs them. Yes, it is a console port so if you hate them you may hate this too. I went in needing something new to play. I found it. I have already got my moneys worth in my opinion and I will be playing this off and on for a while. Cheers everyone!

89. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 08:41 Kxmode

I'm still in system 2, but now I'm on another planet. This one has toxic rain! Check it out... rain hits my ship!

https://vid.me/MMPB

Never been more happy than I am right now listening to soothing sounds of deadly rain hitting my ship. Dance

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

88. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 06:48 SlimRam

I keep playing this damn game and I have no idea why? I got it from GOG and I thought about returning it but...I just kept playing. On about my 8th planet and yeah, the "wow" factor is totally gone. After you have seen the 8th planet, you've basically seen everything. I STILL enjoy exploring and I have no idea why I still enjoy seeing the new plants and animals and don't forget that everything you scan can be uploaded and you get money. Hell, I have over 1.3 million units and I haven't spent it yet. I think i'm gonna buy a boss ship then...well..I seriously dunno...explore some more, maybe pick a fight with some local traders  

87. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 02:56 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 02:18:
I've not left the first system, either. I'm sure I've overdone it, but it's fun, so...

I somehow walked inside a cave that went on forever. Some of these procedurally generated caves are absolute mazes. When I finally found an exit I was about 5-minutes away from my ship. So I decided to keep pressing forward. So far I've learned 83 words, and I have traveled 62,796 units enough to earn the "Wanderer" milestone. But the best news is that I now have 16 ExoSuit slots! http://screencast.com/t/8tbpEjXCwan

Thanks, nin for the shelter suggestion!

Hey, question. I know 48 is the max ExoSuit slots. If I come across drop pods will can I keep buying slots?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

86. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 02:18 nin

I've not left the first system, either. I'm sure I've overdone it, but it's fun, so...

85. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 02:16 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 23:50:
heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 23:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 22:42:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 20:08:
Taking a break after a 4 hour session. Found this awesome ship with a shitload of guns on it crashed on a planet. Then I found this huge spaceport where one of the guys from Daft Punk asked me how smart my race was...

I get if you don't like to explore, you won't like this game. But if the idea of what's over the next hill or what's on the next planet excites you, it's a blast. I explore planets, I name some ferret looking thing a Space Weasel, I meet weird aliens, I learn their language, I make shitloads of money, then I take the the stars and head to the next destination...

That's what I'm getting out of it. I'm still on my second planet searching for more inventory slots.

I managed to jump about 10 times now without additional inventory slots. Eventually, when you get the AtlasPass you can stop at space stations and buy inventory slots... it kind of sucks that they use inventory as sort of main mid-game obje
ctive.

Use the orange beams on planets to "locate shelter". I got 3 suit upgrades for space on my first planet alone.

Ship wise, I just trade up ships.

Well I hated my 1st planet (got the ship fixed but almost froze to death at night). My 2nd planet is barren so it's really easy to find things on the horizion. I did use the pre-order ship and promptly got rid of it after I found a crashed ship. So I'm still in my starting system, on the 2nd planet and the only issue I have is Sentinels who tend to wander into my mining laser (little fuckers).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

84. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 01:13 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 00:26:
Came across a flying thing that I swear to god looked like pikachu (however you spell him) with wings. I named him "FlyingNintendoCopyright" and the game was fine with that.

Between that and Space Weasel, there are now TWO creatures in the game NOT named after a penis!

83. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 00:26 nin

Kxmode wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 23:53:
Use the orange beams on planets to "locate shelter". I got 3 suit upgrades for space on my first planet alone.

Thanks, nin. That's most helpful. I've been wasting that beam on Monoliths as I would like to learn the alien language. I guess having more inventory slots is slightly more important.

More inventory = more chips = more monoliths, suit space, etc...the first one is free, and then I believe they go up by 10K a pop, as my last one was like 30K.

Also passed 50 known words tonight, which was a cool achievement.

Came across a flying thing that I swear to god looked like pikachu (however you spell him) with wings. I named him "FlyingNintendoCopyright" and the game was fine with that.

82. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:58 Kxmode

If anyone's lost here are a collection of guides I've found that have been helpful for me.

+ This will help guide your story progression through the early stages.

Beyond that here's more information and guides.

+ No Man’s Sky: everything you need to know before playing
+ NMS Info Respository

Solutions to In-Games Puzzles

+ Terminal Access codes, because you will encounter them
+ Monolith Riddles for Vy'keen, Gek and Korvax
+ Vy'keen "//Hulon // warp // Otand" puzzle

And travelling from system to system requires a hyperdrive, which is powered by Warp Cells. An ingredient in all Warp Cells is Anti-Matter. These guides will help you with Warp Cells and Anti-Matter.

+ How to get Warp Cells and Anti-matter
+ How to get Antimatter
+ Where is the Anti-Matter formula located?
+ Forum posting: I need to find the actual Antimatter recipe

81. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:53 Kxmode

Thanks, nin. That's most helpful. I've been wasting that beam on Monoliths as I would like to learn the alien language. I guess having more inventory slots is slightly more important.

80. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:50 nin

heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 23:35:
Taking a break after a 4 hour session. Found this awesome ship with a shitload of guns on it crashed on a planet. Then I found this huge spaceport where one of the guys from Daft Punk asked me how smart my race was...

I get if you don't like to explore, you won't like this game. But if the idea of what's over the next hill or what's on the next planet excites you, it's a blast. I explore planets, I name some ferret looking thing a Space Weasel, I meet weird aliens, I learn their language, I make shitloads of money, then I take the the stars and head to the next destination...

That's what I'm getting out of it. I'm still on my second planet searching for more inventory slots.

I managed to jump about 10 times now without additional inventory slots. Eventually, when you get the AtlasPass you can stop at space stations and buy inventory slots... it kind of sucks that they use inventory as sort of main mid-game obje
ctive.

Ship wise, I just trade up ships.

79. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:58:
But the FOV is BRUTAL. they have a slider in the options, but their "100" feels like 60, and their 60 feels like 20. it's nauseating, I can't play this without an ini tweak. I pushed my monitor back as far as my desk will allow, and lean back in my chair as much as i can, and i'm still about to puke just doing a 180 turn...

You can go above 100 by changing the following in the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML file.

<Property name="FoVOnFoot" value="100.000000" />
<Property name="FoVInShip" value="100.000000" />

I've set FoVOnFoot to 165. I think it looks ridiculous but you might like that.

I'm not sure where this file is located in GOG Galaxy, but in Steam you can find it in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man's Sky\Binaries\SETTINGS

78. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:35 heroin

I managed to jump about 10 times now without additional inventory slots. Eventually, when you get the AtlasPass you can stop at space stations and buy inventory slots... it kind of sucks that they use inventory as sort of main mid-game objective.

97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo