5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
Aug 8, 2016, 14:45
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2016, 14:45
Aug 8, 2016, 14:45

Good for Sony for not wanting to open a can of worms with bugs, performance issues and other issues. There is a reason games have to get "Certified", even if it isn't 100% catch-all (never will be).

I understand their "excuse" that they want to add all of their content before bugfixing/performance, so if they try to add something later it doesn't break things... but that is kind of the part of testing/development/breakfix.

Fix things now, then when you go to add stuff later and it breaks something, then guess what... you had a bug that you didn't know about till now. Fix it and continue.

Aug 8, 2016, 14:43
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2016, 14:43
Aug 8, 2016, 14:43

If you stay in early access, people are never sure when to review your shaggy dog of patched together systems. Since people seem willing to buy on hype alone, why bother putting yourself out there? It didn't do Starbound any favors.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Aug 8, 2016, 11:19
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2016, 11:19
Aug 8, 2016, 11:19

Games like 7D2D what they did was just called a specific version "The Console Version", called it final. Kept PC in early access and will continue to patch the "console version" as well. So it's all in the name.

Dev Says, Sony Won't Allow In-Dev Ark- Survival on PS4.
Aug 8, 2016, 10:51
Dev Says, Sony Won't Allow In-Dev Ark- Survival on PS4. Aug 8, 2016, 10:51
Aug 8, 2016, 10:51

Well good I say. If I did game on the PS4 or primarily on any of the consoles I wouldn't want the half complete, never-ending "in development" games like on the PC. Nevermind how loads of them suddenly stop development and shut down, or worse move on even with "big" names (ie Tim Schafer).

If true, then Sony is simply saying "If you want your game on our platform, it has to be complete." which is damned great. The last thing I'd want on a console is half baked games, having that on PC is one thing and often bad enough. On console I expect ease of use and at the least a complete product.

"We would like nothing more than to make Ark available on PS4 as soon as possible."

"As for the PS4 Release of Ark: Survival Evolved, it is currently up to Sony,"

Sounds like a real bunch of douches.

They would like nothing more than to release on the PS4? Well have they tried completing the game. You know, having a full product.

Crying about how it's in the hands of Sony, as if Sony is to blame. For what exactly, these douche's game being self proclaimed incomplete?

Real piece of work, it's their own fault, they're not getting any special treatment so they're blaming someone else, publicly no less.

I've seen this attitude so many times in my life with crappy people pulling this nonsense, from small things to big, the sooner you weed them out of your life the better so seeing one stupid enough to reveal themselves publicly is a laugh.

The only screwup is some people are stupid enough to support them, falling for their crap and moan at Sony or whoever, rather than at the people who seemingly don't want to complete development.

(seems these days there's money in NOT completing your game, why risk completing and starting a new project if the current one gives you endless paycheques for releasing "just a little bit more" each month)

Sony is simply doing their customers a favour. You want to put someone on their platform then it has to be complete, no possibility of endless development or running off before it's completed. No "promises" of one day feature X that you've paid for will be there, no features being removed (maybe Sony learnt a lesson after removing Linux of the PS3), etc

The other plus side is, this could even benefit the PC. All those devs with incomplete games wanting a piece of the console pie will have to complete their damned game before getting in there. Maybe more will actually try and complete the game before funding runs dry, it's not like they complete it after funding runs dry now is it.

It also doesn't prevent people "backing"/funding games that want to one day release on the PS4, it simply means that for those games to get onto it, and keep a promise, it would have to be a complete game.

edit...

Maybe these douches should worry more about finishing their game, rather than adding more work (console support/troubleshooting etc) thus further prolonging reaching completion, it's almost like some of these devs genuinely don't want to reach a complete state, hmmm

Aug 8, 2016, 09:45
Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2016, 09:45
Aug 8, 2016, 09:45

Why is ARK still in Early Access? I've played it off and on for quite a while now and it seems as polished as any other game that has been released.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older