PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans

Accompanied by two apologies, Sean Murray of Hello Games tweets an announcement that No Man's Sky will come on August 12th. This was due on the 9th alongside the PS4 version of the space game. He says, "PC NMS release will now be global and will be August 12th worldwide. It's so important we get it right and make the best version we can." On a related note, Harry Denholm tweets a server wipe is coming on Sunday, which should reduce the impact of early leaked copies. Thanks GameInformer.
View : : :

Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
Aug 7, 2016, 11:42
Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 11:42
Aug 7, 2016, 11:42

PHJF wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 06:30:
Yeah we were fed this line with Elite Dangerous as well and the game is BORING AS FUCK. There have to be adequate SYSTEMS in PLACE to ALLOW that, which NMS seems completely lacking.

E:D is a good call - it gets similar complaints, which I find completely unwarranted. If you find it BORING AS FUCK that`s okay, but you`re probably playing the wrong game.

As for the lack of SYSTEMS, well, that comment could be on point back in 2014 - I was also similarly skeptical back then. However in the last year they have shown a FUCKTON OF SYSTEMS relating to trade-exploration-survival-aliens-combat-so on and ignoring that is just lame.

These systems might be messed up and flawed and the game might suck, but at this moment in time you do not know this. However again - if you`re looking for different experience, a la Mass Effect, it`s just not a game for you. Move on, save energy, hate Trump

Quboid wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 09:59:
Urban Dictionary says that Guffin means to choke on a penis so, to be fair, that isn't something I really need. I need that even less than an item that only serves to drive the plot forward ... whatever that may be called.

But hey, it's much easier to pretend doubters are idiots who need their hands held and that I'm clever in comparison, even if I do confuse MacGuffins and oral sex. Who hasn't?

Is it as easy as carefully scanning a post to find something completely unrelated to the topic, but what you can use to show how clever`n edgy you are in comparison? If so, 5/5 buddy - even if you`re shooting blanks (sometimes I just get bored of cliched syntax)

Shame you have nothing to say about the game, but that`s a bit higher hanging fruit, so it`s fully understandable. And please, spare me the "doubters" high horseplay - it`s just a good ole hatewagon here, set off by codewords indie/SONY/hype/procgen and so on. True doubters would respect the facts and kept an open mind until the release, not engage in "There Can Be Only One! (Gameplay Style)" circlejerk.
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
      Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016