PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans

Accompanied by two apologies, Sean Murray of Hello Games tweets an announcement that No Man's Sky will come on August 12th. This was due on the 9th alongside the PS4 version of the space game. He says, "PC NMS release will now be global and will be August 12th worldwide. It's so important we get it right and make the best version we can." On a related note, Harry Denholm tweets a server wipe is coming on Sunday, which should reduce the impact of early leaked copies. Thanks GameInformer.
View : : :

Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
Aug 7, 2016, 05:53
Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 05:53
Aug 7, 2016, 05:53

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 15:03:
Said it was a great game if you just want to have a few beers and fly/walk around looking at stuff but there isn't really anything to do per se, at least nothing that means anything. Which is what I thought it'd be.

Bias confirmation is a powerful trip.

It`s quite sad to see that majority (at least judging by comments here) of once-leading in innovation PC gaming community are locked in a baseless hate exercise, which stands against all the previous achievements. Funny times, huh.

But, well, whatever. To those who are still on the fence and/or confused by the naysaying barrage, let`s dispel few of the more thirsty/dumbass claims:

- there is actually a point/ending to a game - if you really need this sort of Guffin and don`t just enjoy roleplaying/creating your own stories in an infinite sandbox, which to me is the major selling point here. The goal is to reach the center of the universe. What`s there? Who knows, and, why should we know? I mean, would you like to know the ending to a game you`re just about to play?

-comparisons to "minecrafts" are ridiculous: this is an actual game with bazillion gameplay systems, Minecraft has a "game" mode but is more of a digital Lego where you just build stuff. Here you need to do things in order to survive and go further: just like in any normal game.

-this is mainly single player OFFLINE game. Online component is just charting the galaxy and possibility of meeting other players. It`s also completely OPTIONAL.

-things you won`t find in here: Miranda`s ass and million-polygon Z-tesselated LMFASSAO+ spaceship, corridors/invisible walls, hand-holding "tell me a story Mommy" plot, autopilot "no need to think, you`ll progress anyway" gameplay. Sorry! There`s plenty of other titles that do that sort of thing though.
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
   Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016
Aug 7, 2016Aug 7 2016