Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

More Overwatch Bans

A post on reddit notes that another ban wave seems to have come down in Overwatch, Blizzard's first-person shooter. This points to an album on Imgur recording the indignant responses from banned cheaters. The posts talk about suing Blizzard, complain of shady business practices, and call the actions "persecution." Those prone to schadenfreude should be careful, since reading these posts could cause a fatal overdose.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 20:50 Overon

Here comes the retaliatory ddos.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 19:34 Flatline

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 08:41:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:56:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 03:22:
And it will solve nothing. People will buy new keys, register new accounts and simply keep on cheating.

But hey, at least you lot got a giggle out of this

Except Blizzard has been hardware locking people...so buy all the keys you want and they'll find themselves still banned

If true, MY giggle just got gigglier, giggity.

If they were truly wicked they'd let you buy the game and play it for like 2 hours before instituting the ban again.

27. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 17:44 jdreyer

WaltC wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 05:56:
Would someone (with a big, mushy, leaking heart that is bleedin' green blood everywhere) explain to me why people who buy only goofy-looking MSRP-ed games like this go apoplectic when the game developer decides to clamp down on cheating...! I had been their conscience-in-a-bottle for years, I s'pose (alas and hooray!)-- but no more! (Quoth the Raven Nevermore! Cawwwww-w-w-w-w! Quack-Q-Q-Q-Q--sure-thing-)... Why would anyone buy such a game and then pay out more money just to cheat it?...;)

My suspicion is that cheaters are the kind of people who desire to feel that winning feeling and dominating others without putting the work in to actually win. So for them, getting that feeling back is worth the $60. Or as someone else said, "I guess I'll go back to cheating at CSGO" Explains why that game is constantly in the Steam top 10.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

26. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 17:25 Overon

I expect DDOS attacks in retaliation.  

25. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 11:25 {PH}88fingers

Luke wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 10:28:
Slashman wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 09:40:
And it will solve nothing. People will buy new keys, register new accounts and simply keep on cheating.

Except Blizzard has been hardware locking people...so buy all the keys you want and they'll find themselves still banned

Rotfl

Oh man...people have been buying the game 3 - 4 times to try to get around the bans. This is awesome! I tip my hat to you Blizzard!

Funny now later you will cry..god some are just so cheap

Cry for what??? Cheaters deserve all this shit

24. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 10:43 Mordecai Walfish

"whatever i'l just go cheat in CSGO"

hahahahahaha

good riddance.

23. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 10:28 Luke

Slashman wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 09:40:

Rotfl

Oh man...people have been buying the game 3 - 4 times to try to get around the bans. This is awesome! I tip my hat to you Blizzard!

Funny now later you will cry..god some are just so cheap

22. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 09:40 Slashman

Rotfl

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2016, 09:46.

21. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 09:21 {PH}88fingers

yes it's true, ppl are getting hardware banned and its glorious

20. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 08:41 RedEye9

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

19. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 06:21 El Pit

At least Blizzard got their money... twice... soon three times... and counting!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

18. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 05:58 Asmodai

Luke wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 05:35:
Easy now Easy now , we will introduce a new system called battlenet that req always online that way there will be no cheaters in the future

It will work for all our games : We blizzi did it no more cheaters.....

Ah don't be fucking backwards... It's impossible to stop people cheating because you are exposing a system made by possibly hundreds of people to millions. It's simple probability, eventually someone is going to find a loophole or a way to apply external code...

It's how they respond to cheats, and battlenet is a pretty effective tool by the looks of it.

ps. I'd love to see you dig up an actual quote where Blizz said battlenet was cheat proof.

17. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 05:56 WaltC

Would someone (with a big, mushy, leaking heart that is bleedin' green blood everywhere) explain to me why people who buy only goofy-looking MSRP-ed games like this go apoplectic when the game developer decides to clamp down on cheating...! I had been their conscience-in-a-bottle for years, I s'pose (alas and hooray!)-- but no more! (Quoth the Raven Nevermore! Cawwwww-w-w-w-w! Quack-Q-Q-Q-Q--sure-thing-)... Why would anyone buy such a game and then pay out more money just to cheat it?...;)

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2016, 06:14.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

16. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 05:35 Luke

Easy now Easy now , we will introduce a new system called battlenet that req always online that way there will be no cheaters in the future

It will work for all our games : We blizzi did it no more cheaters.....

15. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 04:58 jdreyer

You gotta love the level of rationalization in some of these posts.

Also, I wonder why the poster hid their names. These people are posting publicly, so no need to protect the guilty.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 04:56 VaranDragon

This one has got to be my favorite:

wow woW BLIZZARD REALLY AGAIN BANWAVE WTF IS UR PROBLEM BLIZZARD JUST LEAVE US ALONE WE ARENT EVEN DESTROYING THE SEERVER **** NOW MY BROTHER IS GONNAKILL ME

Rofl! Truly a work of art! Laugh2

13. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 03:56 DarkCntry

12. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 03:22 Kajetan

11. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 02:51 rist3903

Wonder if this had anything to do with the outage that Battle.net just had earlier today.

If so, it is a small price to pay. F those jerks.

10. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 01:51 Malvok

Wow, that's hilarious. More please.

"Ohhh, the tears of unfathomable sadness, mmm, yummy yummy you guys!" -- Cartman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo